Seattle the number 1 rushing offense in the NFL.

pmedic920

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3qlxj7dw said:
Well, we tried the pass first approach in the first two games....
We won a SB with a run first approach...
No one complained with BeastMode running the ball more then Russ throwing the ball...

Am I missing something?

Yes.

You’re missing the fact, in a population as large as we have here, people are always going to be bitching and complaining about something.

It’s simply the screen names that change.

1 group like pass
1 likes run
Another likes a 50/50 split
Then a group wants 60/40, and the other wants 40/60

Always gunna be Haters, and its usually the Haters that have the louder voice, because after all, misery loves company.

Guess some are under the impression that being upset earns sympathy, or something along those lines.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":288abx3t said:
truehawksfan":288abx3t said:
Well, we tried the pass first approach in the first two games....
We won a SB with a run first approach...
No one complained with BeastMode running the ball more then Russ throwing the ball...

Am I missing something?

Yes.

You’re missing the fact, in a population as large as we have here, people are always going to be bitching and complaining about something.

It’s simply the screen names that change.

1 group like pass
1 likes run
Another likes a 50/50 split
Then a group wants 60/40, and the other wants 40/60

Always gunna be Haters, and its usually the Haters that have the louder voice, because after all, misery loves company.

Guess some are under the impression that being upset earns sympathy, or something along those lines.

My friend....you forgot about the real part of the game....Fantasy is more important than the win. :twisted:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/1063481078734680064[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1063460221065064448[/tweet]

hawks85

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3s20kpfe said:
They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Predictable...Yup....and no one can stop it. This is the best running game I have seen for any team on a CONSISTENT basis in a long time. That last 4 min last night was a statement. If we did this the first 2 games I strongly believe we would be 7-3 right now.

Steve2222

Reaction score
All these clowns saying Wilson is a game manager. Did you guys not watch last year or something? He was literally the entire offense lmao.

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
If you have a great running game it’s the ultimate “grind your enemy to the bone” result. Over the course of time it takes an incredible toll on you physically and mentally as a defense. Remember the days of helplessly watching as Terrell Davis ran for first down after first down and closing out the game? That’s how Packers fans felt last night. I know, because I watched the game with Packer fans and their anguish was glorious!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
dopeboy206":k9l8f1ft said:
They better be look how much they run the ball. Lol. This offense will make Russell Wilson a glorified game manager. He has to be a game manager in this system. Yeah we just beat the packers but I don’t like this offense. We’re too predictable and run it on 1st downs like 90% of the time.

You're missing the point. They're running on first down because EVERYBODY KNOWS THEY'RE GONNA DO IT and they DO IT ANYWAY and GOD DAMN SCORE/GET FIRST DOWNS. I LOVE this shove-it-up-your ass mentality. If you can get 4 yards on the ground when everyone in the galaxy knows you're running, and you still get yards, you can take that thing all the way to the Big Bowl. And also, we wouldn't be able to run like this without #3's qb ability, both passing and running -- the run offense is built around that. This is Beast Mode ch. 2. I guess I'm old school. I first got into football in the eighties, when there were more offenses like ours.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

irfuben32

Reaction score
By all means run the ball

The only time I was frustrated about running the ball was when we obviously could NOT run the ball because we had a horrific O-line and they insisted on trying it every game for 3 quarters and then would finally cut Russell loose to try and pull out a a miracle at the end.

I will take 2nd at 4 or 2nd and 6 all day long.

timmat

Reaction score
Wilson is at his best when the run game is clicking.

So, so much good comes from a dominating run game:
- It sets up play action, where the other team's D has to actually respect the fake handoff (also why we should RARELY be in empty sets IMO).
- It helps the O line when they do pass protect (and although there's improvement, we still need all the pass pro help we can get).
- It keeps our D fresh and off the field, and conversely keeps someone line Aaron Rogers on the sidelines.
- It eats the clock and leads to sustained drives, not just 4 play scoring drives from an explosive play or two (hello GBay)
- Positive yardage in early downs (even just 3 yd runs) keeps us out of obvious passing situations, and also plays to 3rd and short situations, where everything in the playbook is open.
- It sets up Wilson's keeper runs
- It also sets up my favorite Wilson pass play - when he fakes the handoff, takes a deep drop, hits that back foot, and launches the ball downfield. Especially live at the games, when the ball is in the air on one of those passes, it's a really exciting moment.

A committed run offense is my favorite style of play. It's great that they don't go away from it. In previous years, it was frustrating to see the team get so pass-happy, even when there was a bit of success in the run game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The most important part of this offense for this game is they did not give up on the pass.

I think they learned something from that half with 30yds passing.

That is all you can ask. Play the cards you are dealt but don't just hold back your best ones for a day that never comes.

I was very happy to watch them not give up on Wilson, to allow him to find his groove and start making good throws.

It took a half but it was necessary. Without Wilson making good throws in the 4th - we don't win that game.

I have been very bothered by the lack of passing lately but this was a game where they did it right. Looking forward to more games where both sides of the offense are used.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":84nhh84q said:
dopeboy206":84nhh84q said:

Gawd. How many times do we have to see how badly Madden and fantasy football have ruined people's ability to just enjoy football?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
That's because make believe is always better that the real deal, ALWAYS :dummy: :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3kcskku9 said:
The most important part of this offense for this game is they did not give up on the pass.

I think they learned something from that half with 30yds passing.

That is all you can ask. Play the cards you are dealt but don't just hold back your best ones for a day that never comes.

I was very happy to watch them not give up on Wilson, to allow him to find his groove and start making good throws.

It took a half but it was necessary. Without Wilson making good throws in the 4th - we don't win that game.

I have been very bothered by the lack of passing lately but this was a game where they did it right. Looking forward to more games where both sides of the offense are used.
You mean "A Balanced Attack" ? Nah, that'll never work. :p

Seymour

Reaction score
GeekHawk":svw8z3ir said:
dopeboy206":svw8z3ir said:

Gawd. How many times do we have to see how badly Madden and fantasy football have ruined people's ability to just enjoy football?

I doubt Madden ruined that in this case. My bet is it was the superBowl.

Hqdefault

justafan

Reaction score
dopeboy206":10ruky5m said:

Everybody knew what they were going to do when the game was on the line but still couldnt stop it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":269uthsv said:
GeekHawk":269uthsv said:
dopeboy206":269uthsv said:

I doubt Madden ruined that in this case. My bet is it was the superBowl.

Hqdefault
Ha Ha Ha!

getnasty

Reaction score
GeekHawk":20ys7vbe said:
dopeboy206":20ys7vbe said:

People have running backs in fantasy football

Chapow

Reaction score
dopeboy206":25o0rtu7 said:

Did you like it when we got the ball back with over 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we were able to run out the clock for the win by running the ball even though everyone on planet earth knew that's exactly what we were going to do and the Packers couldn't stop it?

Edit to add: BTW, did you see the looks on the faces of the Packers defense when we were running out the clock for the win? Totally demoralized.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
getnasty":14fw38kv said:
GeekHawk":14fw38kv said:
dopeboy206":14fw38kv said:

People have running backs in fantasy football

Actually, I completely agree. The reason I don’t play fantasy football is because the one year I did, I didn’t enjoy the sport for the game it is. I was watching it for stats, and rooting against teams I liked. It felt dirty.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mike Holmgren used to say that you know your dominant when the other team, the fans and the world knows your going to do something and no matter how hard someone tries they can't stop it. Jones and Hutch in our running game. We ate up teams on that side. We are beginning to have that same effect, but across the whole line on both sides.

Baldwin getting healthy and doing his best Bobby Ingrum role and our TE's involved with a lot of Moore and Lockett deep is on it's way as well.

Teams are going to hate us this second half because a Running team is physical, they know they are going to leave the field with a bunch of bruises.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Even if this team doesn't make the playoffs, it's fun watching them beat the crap out of the other team on offense.