Seahawks Trade Rumors

jmahon316

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1w3dk5zq said:
Chukarhawk":1w3dk5zq said:
The broncos are reportedly having a fire sale, everyone except Von miller is up for grabs
Could we even afford Von if he was?My god if we had that dude..SB baby!!

I could also see Lindsay being our RB2/3 as a bigger/better 1-2 punch than Penny

chris98251

Reaction score
Madden football again, we just signed a Safety from the 49ers Colbert that has been added and I think show his face next week, WR's who do you get that can learn the offense and be more productive going into the meat of our schedule? Nobody right now.

Doubt we go after anyone for the secondary, with Blair and Hill as well as Amadi we have guys working on stepping up,

In fact we will be releasing one of our D lineman or someone gets a rash and goes to IR here with Reed coming back soon.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":2fuvvamb said:
Madden football again

I don't know about that; look at the Patriots' roster. THAT is some Madden ****. I wouldn't sell the farm for an upgrade right now, but even 3/4ths of a season of AJ Green would be VERY intriguing to me at the right price. I don't know how you even stop that offense. I don't think it would necessarily hamper Metcalf's development, but I guess I'm not the one who would have to make that call.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Rat":2sdk18ds said:
chris98251":2sdk18ds said:
Madden football again

I don't know about that; look at the Patriots' roster. THAT is some Madden ****. I wouldn't sell the farm for an upgrade right now, but even 3/4ths of a season of AJ Green would be VERY intriguing to me at the right price. I don't know how you even stop that offense. I don't think it would necessarily hamper Metcalf's development, but I guess I'm not the one who would have to make that call.

The main question is would he stay healthy through that 3/4 of a season compared to the price we pay for him? If so, I'm on board. If not, I'll gladly swipe left and take my chances elsewhere.

getnasty

Reaction score
AJ Green would be a nice addition for the right price, he'd be a 1 year rental so Jaron Brown and a 3rd would be fine with me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":2ohilfny said:
chris98251":2ohilfny said:
Madden football again

Well one person and one person only gets away with doing it somehow Belichek, and the players that go there do so on the cheap for a Super Bowl, that's a big factor.

Initially everyone thought it was Pioli, I think it has always been Bill now.

jmahon316

Reaction score
getnasty":11zh36td said:
AJ Green would be a nice addition for the right price, he'd be a 1 year rental so Jaron Brown and a 3rd would be fine with me.

Knowing JS, I would see Brown+a 4th/5th being more realistic, especially considering once again that next year's draft is DEEP at WR

If he does it for a 6/7th, it'll be highway robbery just like the Clowney trade.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":2jqm52qa said:
Rat":2jqm52qa said:
chris98251":2jqm52qa said:
Madden football again

Well one person and one person only gets away with doing it somehow Belichek, and the players that go there do so on the cheap for a Super Bowl, that's a big factor.

Initially everyone thought it was Pioli, I think it has always been Bill now.

That's a fair point, although I brought the Pats up more to say THAT'S what we have to compete with potentially for a championship. Is our current team enough to take them in one game? I don't know; most didn't think the Giants could in '07. Regardless, I believe Green could be a gamechanger in our offense, if he's healthy. I don't know the current status of the injury he had back in like training camp. It may have even been earlier than that.

Again, it depends on the price. I'm not giving a 1st for him, but if they're willing to do a third, or a like 4th/5th plus a swap of 2nd rounders (could be significant given how terrible the Bengals are this year), I'd give it a lot of consideration.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1lpjmc1q said:
Shanegotyou11":1lpjmc1q said:
From what i have been reading the seahawks are in the thick of it to make trades this year as they prep in their opinion for a Superbowl Run.

Who do we go after?
Thoughts?
You're the one that's been hearing the rumours. You tell us.

What? How would i know? Isnt this a seahawk discussion board? The hawks per insiders are going to make trades. So i asked a seahawk board who we think we are going for.

Thanks for classy reply.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":3fxmgjj7 said:
So rumor has it there could be a trade rumor then?

Well that could be huge news!!

When it becomes news that is. :roll:

You guys are strange lil people. Hey lets just make 40 threads over Russ. I mean its way better discussion right?

Insiders are saying Hawks are going to make a trade this october. So im asking who?

Lets just hug and cry over Russ and pete instead.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pmedic920":izw7cwpj said:
Rumors of rumors?
Hmmmmmm

I’d say our one glaring need is help in the secondary but I don’t want to sell the fam.

Anyone heard a rumor about Kam, Earl, and Sherm coming back?

Not really a rumor. Insiders with knowledge are saying hawks will make a trade. I just asked who?

Seymour

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3sdy5pna said:
Seymour":3sdy5pna said:

You guys are strange lil people. Hey lets just make 40 threads over Russ. I mean its way better discussion right?

Insiders are saying Hawks are going to make a trade this october. So im asking who?

Brilliant post!!!! :roll:

I'll pay you $100.00 for every Russ thread I started in the last 30 days. Now go spend the rest of your existence finding them all.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Did i say you? But i bet you are in russ threads debating.

And you a bitter person. You need more love in your life.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":1e3wbya3 said:
Shanegotyou11":1e3wbya3 said:
Seymour":1e3wbya3 said:

Brilliant post!!!! :roll:

I'll pay you $100.00 for every Russ thread I started in the last 30 days. Now go spend the rest of your existence finding them all.

No you just are debating about him in the 40 plus threads. Lmao. So same thing.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I know everyone is down on our secondary but we have a system and if you don't grow up in that system, it's really hard to get it down, especially mid season. So no way are we going to bring in a big high profile CB.

We also drafted early and often at WR and Safety this year, so unless they feel Ursua, Jennings, Blair and Amadi were big mistakes, we are going to stand pat at safety and WR.

RB room is stacked. LB room is stacked. QB is decent ;) . OL still needs some pass blocking help but no one is trading good OL away these days. DL will be strong when Reed returns.

So I'm not seeing a big trade coming our way. Too hard to fit new guys into the system mid season. This team is young and hungry and those types of teams get stronger as the year progresses. I'd like to watch their growth rather than go for a quick fix that stands at best a 50-50 shot of panning out.

Unless we can get Von Miller for cheap. :p

GeekHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":12qemcdz said:
In fact we will be releasing one of our D lineman or someone gets a rash and goes to IR here with Reed coming back soon.

We shouldn't have to release anybody. Procise is overdue for a season-ending hangnail. :mrgreen:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1ktghhn3 said:
What? How would i know? Isnt this a seahawk discussion board? The hawks per insiders are going to make trades.
They were just asking you for specifics on the "per insiders" bit, which seems entirely fair given you are bringing up the subject in the first place. But anyway here's a relevant citation:
Jason La Canfora":1ktghhn3 said:
The Saints, Eagles, Ravens, Chiefs, Patriots and Seahawks have been among the most active teams, league sources said, hopeful of addressing roster needs to fortify what they believe can be Super Bowl runs. Many of these teams have already been in pursuit of disgruntled Jaguars star corner Jalen Ramsey, who still could be dealt ahead of the deadline; the Chiefs, Eagles, Ravens and Saints, in particular, are pushing for corner upgrades.
My reaction to this is that both the Patriots and Seahawks are mentioned here because both teams are constantly churning players and active on just about everything.

Unlike in other sports NFL teams rarely make "big" trades during the season, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. It takes time to learn an NFL play book and even the bad teams are still trying to win as the GMs and coaches want to save their jobs.

The primary exception is when players aren't contributing to their team in the first place. Trent Williams would make sense as a trade candidate because he says he won't play for the Redskins. The Duane Brown trade made sense because he was holding out and our LT was injured for the season. I don't really see a similar situation out there now where it looks like a trade would be mutually advantageous for both parties.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I love the idea of Harris. Hes gonna come at half the price of Ramsey without a huge drop off in talent. Probably the biggest difference maker of what's out there for our defense that wont require a massive overpayment