Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
What bar is everyone drinking at in Houston Saturday? Me and a couple friends would like some hawks fans to drink with.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Great job medic. I arrive at 4:40 pm Saturday and after getting a rental and checking in at the plaza, I should make it to Twin D Cups a little after 6.
I offered Dom a ride Saturday night and I have room for another 2 or so.
Let me know if you need a lift from the Crown Plaza to Twin EEE Cups (the more the merrier).
I don't plan to hoot with the owls too late though as I must fly with the Seahawks in the early morning.

Go Hawks...getting excited and looking to go 4-0 for the first time in our history.

gronnie

Reaction score
new .NET'er here! i'll be coming from seattle solo, but meeting my friend who lives in houston. flying into houston friday evening (anyone at seatac around noon friday??) and returning monday late morning. definitely in for twin peaks saturday and the tailgate sunday morning...and i grabbed two seats in 641 row C near the rest of the gang. can't wait!! go hawks!!

seahawks08

Reaction score
Hopefully by Thursday, we should consolidate all information and post it one more time for everyone's benefit. That way nobody can complain, I did not know where to meet. Crowne Plaza folks, I will be there around noon. Let me know if anyone want's to do something for lunch and what time we head over. I am so far leaning to take a cab from the airport with no one interested in carpooling

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here is a question for the professionals. Is there a chance/way to find out where the team will be doing walk through practice on Saturday? I think it would be awesome to swing by and sneak a peek. I'm guessing UofH or Rice. Both are very close.

Edit: Rice is at home on sat. U of H is away.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This also would be cool. Send an invite to some of the players via twitter or whatever works. I don't do social media. But how cool would it be if one or two of the guys would stop by sat. evening.

Birdfinger

Reaction score
My wife and I are in Austin and would love to go but turns out tickets are really expensive the week of the game! Who'd a thunk it??

If anyone happens to end up with 2 tickets without a home, Katiehawk and I will be more than willing to come down and Rep' The 12 with ya'll!

Just puttin' this out there... just in case...

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Birdfinger":28fumtfy said:
My wife and I are in Austin and would love to go but turns out tickets are really expensive the week of the game! Who'd a thunk it??

If anyone happens to end up with 2 tickets without a home, Katiehawk and I will be more than willing to come down and Rep' The 12 with ya'll!

Just puttin' this out there... just in case...

Just show up!!

I have been to more than a dozen stadiums and to dozens of NFL games, including some prime time high profile games.

There are ALWAYS tickets to be had around face value outside the stadium.

People's plans fall through.

Liderside

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My buddy told me about this thread, so I am super excited to join you this weekend in Houston! I'm flying from Seattle on Saturday, getting in on the 4:40 in Houston. Heading to Twin Peaks, staying at the Mariott near the stadium. Looking forward to meeting the crew and tailgating prior to the game with y'all.

Please add me to the Twin Peaks group! And don't laugh at my #3 Rick Mirer Jersey I'll be sporting.

Take care!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Liderside":g6n4we3y said:
Hey everyone. My buddy told me about this thread, so I am super excited to join you this weekend in Houston! I'm flying from Seattle on Saturday, getting in on the 4:40 in Houston. Heading to Twin Peaks, staying at the Mariott near the stadium. Looking forward to meeting the crew and tailgating prior to the game with y'all.

Please add me to the Twin Peaks group! And don't laugh at my #3 Rick Mirer Jersey I'll be sporting.

Take care!

Did you see the post with the rules in it? Rule #3 clearly states that anybody wearing a Rick Mirer jersey buys the whole group a round of drinks. Just don't want you to be caught off guard.

A

Anonymous

***** @Houston Roadhawkin INFORMATION POST *****

Attention all RoadHawkers,

First off, I want to extend a warm welcome to all of you making the trip for this epic game. Regardless of when you arrive in town, if you find yourselves in any kind of a situation, if you have any questions, need clarifications, or just want to yank our chains, we are here for you. Simply PM us for cell numbers. Myself (Scott) or Pmedic920 (Lon) will be more than happy to come to your rescue in any way we can. As sort-of hosts for this event, we would like for everybody to have the best and safest time possible. I keep my phone on me 24/7, so hit me up if you need anything. ;)

A note about weather:
Be prepared for relatively hot and humid conditions. The forecast calls for 92-93 degrees for the weekend and about a 30% chance of rain. Rain here happens for about ten minutes, then it's hot and humid again. Don't get caught with your pants down. More than likely the game will be played with the top off the stadium unless a storm moves over. Don't forget your sunglasses. :0190l:

On Saturday, September 28, at 7:00pm, we are all meeting at Twin Peaks - Kirby. Here is a link with all the information you need:
http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/locations/houston/

We have reserved a private area in the back that includes dedicated Twin Peaks servers and full access to the adjacent outdoor patio area. Do not eat before you arrive as food at Twin Peaks is excellent! This is an informal event for all Seahawks.net members and their entourage to attend (Dutch, of course). Great food, great service, and an awesome atmosphere. Hopefully, we can get a few group photos too. At this time we have no activities planned, but it would be nice if RockHawk could say a few words (no pressure boss...). At press time, it's looking like a group of around 25.

Okay, I know there are more than a few Seattle Seahawks players who check out this site from time to time. We know that y'all will probably have some low-key plans for Saturday night and will have to make a curfew. So, this is an open invitation for any of you guys to drop in and say hello without being mobbed. I have spoken to the Twin Peaks manager at length. He says that Houston Texans players frequent this establishment and he assures me that the area the Seahawks.net members will occupy is safe and secure. The utmost amount of respect and courtesy will be provided at all times and no attention will be drawn to your presence.

So, if any Seahawks are reading this, please consider stopping by to hang out with a quality slice of the best Seahawks fans on the planet, many of whom have travelled across the country to support the team. If not, that's cool, we'll see you at the game. :th2thumbs: If you do come out, the first round of Vitamin Water is on me.

On Sunday morning gates open at the stadium parking lots at 8:00am. We will be tailgating in the NE corner of the Coors Light Blue Lot. The blue lot is kinda between Reliant stadium, the Astrodome, and Reliant Arena. Looking at the map in this link: http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/tr ... rking.html The Coors Light Blue lot is the light-blue area on the map (not the suite lot, below it). We are going to be upper right corner of the blue lot, very close to the Reliant arena. At first glance, it would seem like a ton of real estate, but you'll be surprised how close everything is together on the complex.

We are planning hot dogs, to keep it simple, but will have access to an awesome grill where any kind of magic you want can happen. If you are a vegetarian, bring your own tofu. We will have multiple coolers full of ice, there will be shade, and a 42-inch plasma on DirecTV satellite will be available for your viewing pleasure. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the Texans guys who have graciously agreed to allow us some of their space and grill access. If you meet a guy named Andy, say "thank you". Don't worry, they won't bite, they'll be too tipsy. :thirishdrinkers:

As I have mentioned before in this thread, Houston Texans tailgating is large and in charge. You will not believe the extent to which these fans go with regard to decorating vehicles. Music and partying all around you, barbeque going on, the bikinis... outstanding people-watching opportunities. Enjoy it, you will.

As Lon mentioned in an earlier post, he is going to be accepting donations for beverages and food for Sunday tailgating on Saturday evening for those who want to just show up and partake. Since alcohol cannot be purchased before noon on Sunday's here, make your personal purchases on Saturday. Any contribution you can make will be very well received and appreciated, just see the guy with the big 'ol mustache on Saturday night.

Talk to y'all soon.

Your friend in Hawk,
HH82

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":p6kmderb said:
***** @Houston Roadhawkin INFORMATION POST *****

Attention all RoadHawkers,

First off, I want to extend a warm welcome to all of you making the trip for this epic game. Regardless of when you arrive in town, if you find yourselves in any kind of a situation, if you have any questions, need clarifications, or just want to yank our chains, we are here for you. Simply PM us for cell numbers. Myself (Scott) or Pmedic920 (Lon) will be more than happy to come to your rescue in any way we can. As sort-of hosts for this event, we would like for everybody to have the best and safest time possible. I keep my phone on me 24/7, so hit me up if you need anything. ;)

A note about weather:
Be prepared for relatively hot and humid conditions. The forecast calls for 92-93 degrees for the weekend and about a 30% chance of rain. Rain here happens for about ten minutes, then it's hot and humid again. Don't get caught with your pants down. More than likely the game will be played with the top off the stadium unless a storm moves over. Don't forget your sunglasses. :0190l:

On Saturday, September 28, at 7:00pm, we are all meeting at Twin Peaks - Kirby. Here is a link with all the information you need:
http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/locations/houston/

We have reserved a private area in the back that includes dedicated Twin Peaks servers and full access to the adjacent outdoor patio area. Do not eat before you arrive as food at Twin Peaks is excellent! This is an informal event for all Seahawks.net members and their entourage to attend (Dutch, of course). Great food, great service, and an awesome atmosphere. Hopefully, we can get a few group photos too. At this time we have no activities planned, but it would be nice if RockHawk could say a few words (no pressure boss...). At press time, it's looking like a group of around 25.

Okay, I know there are more than a few Seattle Seahawks players who check out this site from time to time. We know that y'all will probably have some low-key plans for Saturday night and will have to make a curfew. So, this is an open invitation for any of you guys to drop in and say hello without being mobbed. I have spoken to the Twin Peaks manager at length. He says that Houston Texans players frequent this establishment and he assures me that the area the Seahawks.net members will occupy is safe and secure. The utmost amount of respect and courtesy will be provided at all times and no attention will be drawn to your presence.

So, if any Seahawks are reading this, please consider stopping by to hang out with a quality slice of the best Seahawks fans on the planet, many of whom have travelled across the country to support the team. If not, that's cool, we'll see you at the game. :th2thumbs: If you do come out, the first round of Vitamin Water is on me.

On Sunday morning gates open at the stadium parking lots at 8:00am. We will be tailgating in the NE corner of the Coors Light Blue Lot. The blue lot is kinda between Reliant stadium, the Astrodome, and Reliant Arena. Looking at the map in this link: http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/tr ... rking.html The Coors Light Blue lot is the light-blue area on the map (not the suite lot, below it). We are going to be upper right corner of the blue lot, very close to the Reliant arena. At first glance, it would seem like a ton of real estate, but you'll be surprised how close everything is together on the complex.

We are planning hot dogs, to keep it simple, but will have access to an awesome grill where any kind of magic you want can happen. If you are a vegetarian, bring your own tofu. We will have multiple coolers full of ice, there will be shade, and a 42-inch plasma on DirecTV satellite will be available for your viewing pleasure. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the Texans guys who have graciously agreed to allow us some of their space and grill access. If you meet a guy named Andy, say "thank you". Don't worry, they won't bite, they'll be too tipsy. :thirishdrinkers:

As I have mentioned before in this thread, Houston Texans tailgating is large and in charge. You will not believe the extent to which these fans go with regard to decorating vehicles. Music and partying all around you, barbeque going on, the bikinis... outstanding people-watching opportunities. Enjoy it, you will.

As Lon mentioned in an earlier post, he is going to be accepting donations for beverages and food for Sunday tailgating on Saturday evening for those who want to just show up and partake. Since alcohol cannot be purchased before noon on Sunday's here, make your personal purchases on Saturday. Any contribution you can make will be very well received and appreciated, just see the guy with the big 'ol mustache on Saturday night.

Talk to y'all soon.

Your friend in Hawk,
HH82

Dude I gotta thank you guys for all your work. This is really first class. You guys are tip top in my book.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1yuk0fso said:
Here is a question for the professionals. Is there a chance/way to find out where the team will be doing walk through practice on Saturday? I think it would be awesome to swing by and sneak a peek. I'm guessing UofH or Rice. Both are very close.

Edit: Rice is at home on sat. U of H is away.

When they played at Texas Stadium around 10 -11 years ago, they did the walk through at Texas Stadium.

My sons football league had their championship games at the stadium. We knew that when the Hawks arrived, we would immediately leave the field. The team showed up about 4 minutes until our halftime and Holmgren told us to finish the half and the team watched and cheered on the two teams.

We were allowed to watch. They did alot of situational plays (3rd & long, etc), special teams. Took about 45 mins. We then got some autographs & pics, they left, and then we played our 2nd half.

Lots of fun. If I can find my pics from that day, I will try to post them.

So, to your question, I bet they walk-through at Reliant and it will be closed.

Latest posts