Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

pmedic920

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1tg54vyq said:
pmedic920":1tg54vyq said:
Here is a question for the professionals. Is there a chance/way to find out where the team will be doing walk through practice on Saturday? I think it would be awesome to swing by and sneak a peek. I'm guessing UofH or Rice. Both are very close.

Edit: Rice is at home on sat. U of H is away.

When they played at Texas Stadium around 10 -11 years ago, they did the walk through at Texas Stadium.

My sons football league had their championship games at the stadium. We knew that when the Hawks arrived, we would immediately leave the field. The team showed up about 4 minutes until our halftime and Holmgren told us to finish the half and the team watched and cheered on the two teams.

We were allowed to watch. They did alot of situational plays (3rd & long, etc), special teams. Took about 45 mins. We then got some autographs & pics, they left, and then we played our 2nd half.

Lots of fun. If I can find my pics from that day, I will try to post them.

So, to your question, I bet they walk-through at Reliant and it will be closed.

The Texans also have a bubble next door to the stadium, could be there as well. I was hoping one of they guys with connections could find out for sure.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":xe7u2q5h said:
The Texans also have a bubble next door to the stadium, could be there as well. I was hoping one of they guys with connections could find out for sure.

Still think it will be Reliant. The kickers spend alot of time kicking both directions to get a feel of wind patterns, and sight lines for directional punts.

Have a great weekend!

pmedic920

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2fqyqqwi said:
pmedic920":2fqyqqwi said:

Still think it will be Reliant. The kickers spend alot of time kicking both directions to get a feel of wind patterns, and sight lines for directional punts.

Have a great weekend!

You ain't coming?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
pmedic920":1d4dtl5a said:
DTexHawk":1d4dtl5a said:
pmedic920":1d4dtl5a said:

Have a great weekend!

You ain't coming?

I hope so as I need his working credit card.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":yjbca991 said:
pmedic920":yjbca991 said:
DTexHawk":yjbca991 said:
pmedic920":yjbca991 said:

Have a great weekend!

You ain't coming?

I hope so as I need his working credit card.

Just get the number. We can make it work.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3v9o29fk said:
DTexHawk":3v9o29fk said:

Have a great weekend!

You ain't coming?

Wish I could, but prior commitments up here.

Dom, call if you need finances.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Another travel tidbit. For those of you that suffer from environmental allergies. Bring your meds. Today rag weed pollen is high and expected to be higher by the weekend.

A

Anonymous

drdiags":fum0fyip said:
Somebody should Ustream the partying. Nah, just kidding.

You are not too far off on what I'd like to see happen, Doc. I'm hoping that somebody that's coming down will be tech-savvy enough to be in a position to record and post at least some video of the weekend's activities.

I know there will be a ton of pics taken by myself that will be posted.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Does anyone have a camera for NYCoug? He needs to barrow one. I offered to loan him mine but I cannot find the charger for it. I will keep looking but if someone has one he can barrow it would be cool.

NYCoug

Reaction score
No worries, Dom.

The girl who is editing all of the video for me has one that she offered to let me borrow. Thanks for lookin out for me though dude!

seahawks08

Reaction score
Thank you all who are organizing everything for us in Houston. I look forward to meeting you all. Please please don't forget to share your costs, I would love to pay my share for all the wonderful things you have planned out.

pmedic920

Reaction score
seahawks08":f8hge9j9 said:
Thank you all who are organizing everything for us in Houston. I look forward to meeting you all. Please please don't forget to share your costs, I would love to pay my share for all the wonderful things you have planned out.

A collection will be taken Saturday nite for the beer run. If you miss that opportunity you can toss in whatever at the tailgate party. Thanks for your
concern.

HouTex

Reaction score
Hello Texans fan here..

I was just browsing and wanted to wish you guys happy travels during your time in Houston. Should be a great game! Kubiak said the Texans had their best practice of the year, every time he says that it's usually good news for us Texans fans.

I noticed you guys are tailgating. Take time to walk the blue lot and take in the scenery...I'm willing to bet you guys will love the women here in Houston! BBQ, Music, and good times! Top notch tailgating. Honestly tailgating is just as important as the game itself :) Texans fans are very welcoming for the most part so no need to walk on your tippy toes.

When you make your trip to Twin Peaks be aware that parking is scarce. If i'm not mistaken it may be valet only, although it is free. Don't park in any other lot because i believe they do tow!!

For the younger crowd who are interested in partying... or plan to continue to drink after twin peaks, take a trip to Midtown. Little Woodrows Midtown is pretty relaxed with a huge patio and plenty of eye candy. Address: 2306 Brazos St, Houston, TX 77006. Front porch pub is also a cool smaller spot that is more of a "sports bar" around the corner. Address: 217 Gray St, Houston, TX 77002

I'm not 100% sure on this but i believe Reliant stadium doesn't allow fans to hang any signs or flags off the "balcony/edge". I attended a game vs. the Chiefs one year where the usher had a couple opposing fans remove their signs. Obviously you can hold your signs and flags but i just wanted to add this just in case some of you had first row seats. With that said, hang then until they say something..

If you care, take a look at our facebook page dedicated to our traveling fans...complete with a detail itinerary and lots of Great pics. It's also a great way to organize events like these. We make it a point to take a group photo in front of whatever city we're visiting known landmark. If y'all want something in close to the stadium there are bull statues in front and on all sides of the stadium.

Here's a pic from our first road game of the season
1174632_432771296842886_1682818471_n.jpg

SAFE TRAVELS AND ENJOY!!!!! p.s sorry for the punctuation errors as i typed from phone

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HouTex":15xto398 said:
Hello Texans fan here..

I was just browsing and wanted to wish you guys happy travels during your time in Houston. Should be a great game! Kubiak said the Texans had their best practice of the year, every time he says that it's usually good news for us Texans fans.

I noticed you guys are tailgating. Take time to walk the blue lot and take in the scenery...I'm willing to bet you guys will love the women here in Houston! BBQ, Music, and good times! Top notch tailgating. Honestly tailgating is just as important as the game itself :) Texans fans are very welcoming for the most part so no need to walk on your tippy toes.

When you make your trip to Twin Peaks be aware that parking is scarce. If i'm not mistaken it may be valet only, although it is free. Don't park in any other lot because i believe they do tow!!

For the younger crowd who are interested in partying... or plan to continue to drink after twin peaks, take a trip to Midtown. Little Woodrows Midtown is pretty relaxed with a huge patio and plenty of eye candy. Address: 2306 Brazos St, Houston, TX 77006. Front porch pub is also a cool smaller spot that is more of a "sports bar" around the corner. Address: 217 Gray St, Houston, TX 77002

I'm not 100% sure on this but i believe Reliant stadium doesn't allow fans to hang any signs or flags off the "balcony/edge". I attended a game vs. the Chiefs one year where the usher had a couple opposing fans remove their signs. Obviously you can hold your signs and flags but i just wanted to add this just in case some of you had first row seats. With that said, hang then until they say something..

If you care, take a look at our facebook page dedicated to our traveling fans...complete with a detail itinerary and lots of Great pics. It's also a great way to organize events like these. We make it a point to take a group photo in front of whatever city we're visiting known landmark. If y'all want something in close to the stadium there are bull statues in front and on all sides of the stadium.

SAFE TRAVELS AND ENJOY!!!!! p.s sorry for the punctuation errors as i typed from phone

Awesome contribution to this thread. Much appreciated. Look forward to meeting many Texans fans as gracious as yourself. Feel welcome to stop into Twin Peaks and have a drink or two with us.

HouTex

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1oqy92sj said:
HouTex":1oqy92sj said:
Hello Texans fan here..

Awesome contribution to this thread. Much appreciated. Look forward to meeting many Texans fans as gracious as yourself. Feel welcome to stop into Twin Peaks and have a drink or two with us.

No problem man. Any other questions about Houston or anything from a guy in his mid 20's P.O.V feel free to ask. I'm trying to think of random tips that might help. If anyone is bringing their GF or spouse or, if you guys enjoy shopping then the Galleria mall is a MUST if you have time.

"our page"
https://www.facebook.com/travelingtexans

NastyNate

Reaction score
bestfightstory":359aduqs said:

Don't really know what scene you guys are into, but there's a bitching little blues bar on Kirby just past 59 South called the Big Easy, it's a short trip from twin peaks. I'm not much of a mid-town type of guy, usually too hipster or done up for me, much prefer places like Moon Tower inn (more of an ice house with 66 taps and crazy exotic weiners). After living in the NW for 7 years I know a good brew, there are plenty to choose from. The Petrol station and the Hay Merchant are also both cool hangouts, you might be hard pressed to bring a large group in on a Saturday though.

Actually a really cool spot for you guys might be Griff's sports bar. Try the griff burger!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the additional info Nate!

There are a few Ice Houses around that play live music provided by some outstanding bar bands from this area. I can't name any right off hand, but they exist as have been out with friends who have dragged me to a few. For those of you coming in today or tomorrow and will have evenings to burn, I suggest finding a recent copy of the "Houston Press" and scope out who's playing where.

One time in particular, we were whisked-away by my neighbor who told us "just shut up and trust me". We did, and he and his insanely hot wife took us to a hole-in-the-wall place in Spring called "Westfields by the Railroad" (I think...). After the cover bands did their thing and a few beers were down the hatch, onto the stage saunters Pat Travers, the bass player from Blackfoot, Greg T. Walker (dressed in Tonto clothing), and Simon Wright, original drummer from AC/DC. "Boom, Boom, out go the lights...". We were sitting so close to the stage I could smell the smoke coming off of the fret-board on Pat's Stratocaster.

http://www.houstonpress.com/

I see Blondie is at the Warehouse Live on Friday night...

Latest posts