Seahawks hiring Kirk Olivadotti

Hawknight

Reaction score

"Since signing the dotted line to take over for legendary coach Pete Carroll, Macdonald has prioritized hiring experienced defensive coaches to his staff. Along with Olivadotti reportedly coming to the Pacific Northwest, former Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier signed on as assistant head coach and secondary coach Karl Scott is expected to return after coaching under Carroll the past two seasons."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
EXACTLY, brother. This is what a new coach should do. And he's keeping his ties, he brought in Frazier who has been a mentor to him. I honestly think that Frazier was a HUGE get for this team. He's been a head coach; he can help Macdonald to learn what he doesn't know. Macdonald comes off to me as a guy who wants to always learn, always get better and wants to sponge off people who have been there, done that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like this move as well. The D is going to need a few pieces as the changes are put in place but many are already there.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
How were the packers Lb’s? Any FA from them?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my brother who informed me that he knows Kirk because they were both on the same football squad in college. Purdue Boilermakers. My brother(starting LT)only played with him for one season(1995)before transferring to a Division 2 college to finish his schooling and football career.

I still will never understand that move by my brother. I mean he finished his schooling but didn’t get drafted. Well, duh-you walked out on your scholarship big boy. That will screw anyone over for drafting purposes. Tons of talent but major ego problems. He liked being the star and hated being scolded. He was 6’7” with 4.9 speed but major attitude issues.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my brother who informed me that he knows Kirk because they were both on the same football squad in college. Purdue Boilermakers. My brother(starting LT)only played with him for one season(1995)before transferring to a Division 2 college to finish his schooling and football career.

I still will never understand that move by my brother. I mean he finished his schooling but didn’t get drafted. Well, duh-you walked out on your scholarship big boy. That will screw anyone over for drafting purposes. Tons of talent but major ego problems. He liked being the star and hated being scolded. He was 6’7” with 4.9 speed but major attitude issues.
So many NFL careers that either never got off the ground or were cut short because it takes both the physical AND the mental. When I say mental I don't just mean intelligence but also attitude.

Aircrew

Reaction score
So many NFL careers that either never got off the ground or were cut short because it takes both the physical AND the mental. When I say mental I don't just mean intelligence but also attitude.
This. I knew guys in the military who were intelligent and strong but were just too immature to put it all together so they left the service. It takes an uncommon young man to have all of the pieces at that age and be able to go somewhere with it.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score

Cool about your brother but I kept reading this thinking you were going to give some inside knowledge on if he's a quality dude/hire.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Very true. My brother did grow up a lot. Finished his schooling and is banking six figures now. He was always intelligent but his attitude when young cost him his chance to play professionally which in hindsight he’s glad for because of the toll it took on his body.