Seahawks eligible comp picks (so far)

Jville

Reaction score
Update ........

The signing of TE Pharaoh Brown negated compensation for Drew Lock.

So it is back to ................

- 4th round pick (Damien Lewis)
- 5th round pick (Jordyn Brooks)
- 6th round pick (Colby Parkinson)

............................. from Over The Cap.

Jville

Reaction score
For those interested, Nick Harris signing doesn't impact ongoing interest in compensatory picks for 2025.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. My expectations are average in 2024 and damn good in 2025. A new coach needs to build the team how he wants it.

chrispy

Reaction score
Have we lost all expected comp picks with later signings...???

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
This is great. So another way to look at it (with the Leonard Williams trade), we have 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7 so far next year. It's going to be a multi-year process to recast this roster.
We need another sixth rounder can't have 666 LOL

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
You can trade compensation pics can you trade them this year to move around the draft?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
You can trade compensation pics can you trade them this year to move around the draft?
You can only trade picks you actually have. We won’t know for sure about any compensatory picks for the 2025 draft until probably February next year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Some people are way too infatuated with comp picks, IMO. Sure, it's nice if we end up getting a couple/few, but forgoing signing a good player that could help the team this season because it might cost us a super late 5th round pick (or whatever) just makes no sense to me.
Well considering we haven’t had one that wasn’t a 6th or 7th for what seems like ages.

But it seems like the Seahawks were able to balance it thus far and perhaps not improve the team but still stabilize it.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm just going on recollection and interpretation, but does it seem like comp picks were a priority early on and later became an after-thought but have become more important again this season?

First that's an actual question, not me trying to uncover some great unnoticed truth.

Second, here's my thought process.... I think FA comp picks started a few years after PC/JS started their terms in Seattle. I recall that there were a few years where 3 and 4 comp picks were awarded to the Seahawks. However, in the last several seasons it seems like mediocre FAs cancelled out brutal FA losses. Of course that's retrospect so judging is easier.... Is it possible that PC knew his time was growing shorter and cared less about future years' drafts each off-season? Or that PCs philosophy changed to believing he just needed that one piece and a future 6th isn't going to be "the guy.". I obviously don't know, but looking at projected comp picks as a result of this year's FAcy, it seems like protecting those comp picks is more of a priority by going after FA pieces that don't cancel out our losses.

Am I drawing conclusions that don't exist or might we see this as an ongoing priority?

WarHawks

Reaction score
I would be surprised if it isn't a priority moving forward. Hard to build a roster without as many picks as possible.

Jac

Reaction score
I'm just going on recollection and interpretation, but does it seem like comp picks were a priority early on and later became an after-thought but have become more important again this season?

First that's an actual question, not me trying to uncover some great unnoticed truth.

Second, here's my thought process.... I think FA comp picks started a few years after PC/JS started their terms in Seattle. I recall that there were a few years where 3 and 4 comp picks were awarded to the Seahawks. However, in the last several seasons it seems like mediocre FAs cancelled out brutal FA losses. Of course that's retrospect so judging is easier.... Is it possible that PC knew his time was growing shorter and cared less about future years' drafts each off-season? Or that PCs philosophy changed to believing he just needed that one piece and a future 6th isn't going to be "the guy.". I obviously don't know, but looking at projected comp picks as a result of this year's FAcy, it seems like protecting those comp picks is more of a priority by going after FA pieces that don't cancel out our losses.

Am I drawing conclusions that don't exist or might we see this as an ongoing priority?
I think the talent also started drying up after a long series of poor drafts so we weren’t losing enough players for meaningful compensation.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Is it possible that PC knew his time was growing shorter and cared less about future years' drafts each off-season? Or that PCs philosophy changed to believing he just needed that one piece and a future 6th isn't going to be "the guy.". I obviously don't know, but looking at projected comp picks as a result of this year's FAcy, it seems like protecting those comp picks is more of a priority by going after FA pieces that don't cancel out our losses.
Every NFL front office is short-term minded because that's how they are incentivized to behave. Have you ever heard anybody give Tim Ruskell credit for Earl Thomas becoming a Seahawk? Ruskell is the one who traded a 2nd in 2009 for the 1st in 2010 that ended up being the 14th overall pick. Of course he was fired in the interim and so the entire benefit of that long-term minded move went to the new front office.

In my view it's up to fans and ultimately ownership to push in the other direction. If the team is properly rebuilding and eating dead cap now, then we should recognize that and be more tolerant of a down season. The same applies if we trade players for draft capital or give a lot of playing time to younger players.

far north

Reaction score
Hoping they keep the two extra picks and go into 2025 draft in a position to make some things happen after seeing where they are this year with the new staff