Seahawks are #1 in ESPN's Power Rankings (Week 1)

hawknation2016

Reaction score
1. Seattle Seahawks

2015 record: 10-6
Preseason ranking: No. 1

Russell Wilson set career highs in just about every passing category last season, but the top-ranked Seahawks would probably prefer to reduce his workload this season. Wilson is 14-10 in his career when throwing 30-plus passes in a game, and 32-8 when throwing fewer than 30 passes.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1747 ... d-patriots

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Complete ranking:

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. New England Patriots
4. Arizona Cardinals
5. Carolina Panthers
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Cincinnati Bengals
8. Denver Broncos
9. Kansas City Chiefs
10. New York Jets
11. Oakland Raiders
12. Minnesota Vikings
13. Houston Texans
14. Washington Redskins
15. Baltimore Ravens
16. Buffalo Bills
17. New York Giants
18. Indianapolis Colts
19. Jacksonville Jaguars
20. Detroit Lions
21. Miami Dolphins
22. Atlanta Falcons
23. Dallas Cowboys
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
25. Philadelphia Eagles
26. San Diego Chargers
27. New Orleans Saints
28. Los Angeles Rams (seems very low)
29. Chicago Bears
30. Tennessee Titans
31. Cleveland Browns
32. San Francisco 49ers

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What happened to that East Coast Bias theory we used to sling towards ESPN for years?

Times, they sure have changed.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd put the 49ers 15 spots higher and the Rams 10 spots higher.

If you could count college teams on this ranking, I might put Chicago lower than 32nd.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I do not understand our ranking considering our woeful offensive line and somewhat weak defensive depth.
I love this team, but I am not getting the hype this year..I am praying that I am wrong.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Last time they started the season number 1 they won the Superbowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1yg4q83d said:
1. Seattle Seahawks

2015 record: 10-6
Preseason ranking: No. 1

Russell Wilson set career highs in just about every passing category last season, but the top-ranked Seahawks would probably prefer to reduce his workload this season. Wilson is 14-10 in his career when throwing 30-plus passes in a game, and 32-8 when throwing fewer than 30 passes.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1747 ... d-patriots

Umm, ya. That would be because when he is throwing that much, we are generally behind on the scoreboard!

minormillikin

Reaction score
That's great, but it just becomes trivial if we have an off year. "Remember when the Seahawks were number one in the power rankings? Hilarious!"

Ruminator

Reaction score
49ers would be mid-range if their WRs were decent, and even with the current corps they have, I think at least 6 teams are crappier than they. I almost wish the 49ers were formidable, as that would really make the NFC-W the indisputable king of all eight divisions. And maybe it already is, what with the Cardinals and Seahawks in the top 5 of all the rankings I've seen -- the top 3 in some cases.

themunn

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1qcrz66h said:
That's nice, but I don't see it. This feels like a 10-6 team to me with an inconsistent offense (due to the OL needing to gel and weird playcalling sometimes) and a good, but declining defense.

But I appreciate the props nonetheless.

I think we're a better team than last year, which was a 10-6 team that lost games against St Louis, Cincinnati, Carolina and Arizona that they led with less than 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

I'd say 10-6 is the absolute floor this year, as the schedule is about even with last year's, we still face Arizona, GB and Carolina, we have New England instead of Cincinatti, but nobody as tough at Pittsburgh, who we beat anyway.

Green3Hulk

Reaction score
Seahawks ranking number one again? Whoo. We are best the top rank. We are proud our home and proud our team. :D

Seafan

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3o0jqkya said:
I do not understand our ranking considering our woeful offensive line and somewhat weak defensive depth.
I love this team, but I am not getting the hype this year..I am praying that I am wrong.

Stay tuned.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Wilson is 14-10 in his career when throwing 30-plus passes in a game

32-8 when throwing fewer than 30 passes."

That's one of those stats that are based on the game itself, and not the stat.

If you're ahead and the running game is going well, there's no need to throw.

If you're behind, then you throw to catch up.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't get all the negativity personally. All indications this off-season shows how focused the team is and that the "brotherhood" component is at an all-time high. Very good depth and our future HoFers are currently at the peak of their careers. 11-5 is the floor in my eyes with a good shot at 12-4 or 13-3 even.

I'M IN!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":22clb0h6 said:

OL is looking better. You're right on defense. I think once Miami plays Seattle closer than it should, our ranking will come down a little, without changing the fact that this is still a playoff-caliber team.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
ivotuk":56jkcnv0 said:
"Wilson is 14-10 in his career when throwing 30-plus passes in a game

32-8 when throwing fewer than 30 passes."

That's one of those stats that are based on the game itself, and not the stat.

If you're ahead and the running game is going well, there's no need to throw.

If you're behind, then you throw to catch up.
That stat is warped by the early beast-mode years, when they won the SB. Believe me, he'll pad his 30+ passes stat--starting this year.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Aros":1hpyp8j0 said:
I don't get all the negativity personally. All indications this off-season shows how focused the team is and that the "brotherhood" component is at an all-time high. Very good depth and our future HoFers are currently at the peak of their careers. 11-5 is the floor in my eyes with a good shot at 12-4 or 13-3 even.

I'M IN!

To Me 10-6 is a embarrassment this year. how hungry they should be now that worst call in super bowl history is behind them { believe it or not that was hanging over there heads all last year } .