No respect in Power Rankings.

Maulbert

Reaction score

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I love the fiery rebellion in your post, but I don’t really think we are in any situation as a team to feel disrespected. Our management has left us with a shell of the team we could have had, and one good draft and 1 win week one does not an immediate contender make.

Now in a couple weeks if we are 4-0 and still towards the bottom? I’m ready for the pitchforks then.

W

Welshers

That's actually much better than expected. We were unanimously considered bottom 5 in the league going into this season.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I love the fiery rebellion in your post, but I don’t really think we are in any situation as a team to feel disrespected. Our management has left us with a shell of the team we could have had, and one good draft and 1 win week one does not an immediate contender make.

Now in a couple weeks if we are 4-0 and still towards the bottom? I’m ready for the pitchforks then.
What is this 'shell of the team' nonsense, though? We lost one QB who got outplayed by his backup in week 1 and one HOF linebacker who, as great as his mind is for the game, has absolutely lost a step.

For that QB, we got a giant haul and turned it into a great draft. Where was the failure exactly?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Again, I don't think we're necessarily good. But I think we rate ahead of the Niners, Cards, and Donkeys after that effort, at least. At least we were actually ready to play.
Idk if we rare higher the teams in our division yet but we aren't far behind. I'd still say Donkeys are a better team right now despite the loss. We got them at a great time but top to bottom they're deeper than us

cymatica

Reaction score
Rams should not be top 10 after looking like complete garbage. Yeah it was the Bills, but that game wasn't close

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good. Hopefully they'll put is way down at the bottom all year. They played with a chip last night, and it was a huge difference in the game, period.

chrispy

Reaction score
*image*

DK stiff arming the PowerRankings

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Arent power rankings supposed to be based on how the teams have played so far??

How can they be behind teams that lost?

Image and preconceived notions arent supposed to apply to these....... ;)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score

Actually, image and preconceived notion are a big part of Power Rankings. Standings are the things that are only based on how a team has played so far and we are #1 in those...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Actually, image and preconceived notion are a big part of Power Rankings. Standings are the things that are only based on how a team has played so far and we are #1 in those...
I've always heard it said that power rankings are based on how the team is playing currently. 1-0!!!

But I guess image is always gonna sneak in no matter what :)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

All subsequent power rankings are based off the first power rankings, and since the Hawks were way at the bottom, they're not going to move up into the top 5 or wherever people think they should be in one week.

You can complain that they should have been higher to begin with? But most NFL sites, as most of us also had them pretty low.

And as excited as I am after last night? I'm not changing much about my own feelings on the Hawks this year, 6-7 wins. This roster is just WAY too thin and young for me to think they're serious contenders.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
First of all, we didn't score in the second half.
Second, Broncos moved the ball at will but then had a fumble or dropped pass that killed the drive.

Rainger

Reaction score
Second, Broncos moved the ball at will but then had a fumble or dropped pass that killed the drive.
Omg they didn't move "at will". The D stopped them when ever they got in the red zone. Their overall yardage etc was not numbers of a team going up and down the field.

Take away one long pass to a bad corner coverage and they were only good enough for 3 field goal against supposedly one of the worst rosters in the NFL

I have heard ad nauseum by people on .net talk about this gutted poorly drafted shell of a team.

Doesn't sound like a dominant O to me.

Last edited:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
What does this have to do with the Broncos and other undeserving teams being ranked ahead of us though?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
All subsequent power rankings are based off the first power rankings, and since the Hawks were way at the bottom, they're not going to move up into the top 5 or wherever people think they should be in one week.

You can complain that they should have been higher to begin with? But most NFL sites, as most of us also had them pretty low.

And as excited as I am after last night? I'm not changing much about my own feelings on the Hawks this year, 6-7 wins. This roster is just WAY too thin and young for me to think they're serious contenders.
Why would they be based off the first power rankings?
Arent those all irrelevant after watching the teams play?
Anywhere from 6-9 wins is a fair projection at this ppint. The 0,1 and 2 win people need to readjust though I think