Screw the Arizona game Lets look at week 17

chris98251

Reaction score
Lots to look at.

Homer should get full reps in practice this week, Lynch and Turbin will get a crash course in Schotty's run game and probably a good 20 plays at least to digest, I expect about 10 carry's at most for Lynch out of the gate unless he starts to roll. Have not heard if Turner is activated yet but he or Turbin will be inactive I am pretty sure.

O line will get a work out, Fant, Jones and Pocic getting pushed hard to force the run game to work. Would expect Haynes to also be active this week.

Injuries on defense will need to be sorted out Clowney I would expect if at all possible will play, Diggs one has to wonder if he does he will be rolling the dice on every play right now on re injury Griffin, Wagner, Kendricks, Luke Willson I hope have a good comeback from Hammy's and an ankle. Iupati and Ziggy better from Neck and stingers.

This isn't an all or nothing game granted but does set the stage of what we will be in another week if we're wild carding it.

After a game like last week I would have hoped for a easy practice week for the team, they will need reps to get as much in sync as they can, defense has to work hard on communication in the back field, can't have Hill over playing stuff and we need to get the screen thing figured out as well as gap maintaining for that running game. Throw in Kittle needs a guy on him regardless, he is a back breaker if he gets started. He is their Beast Mode really, they feed off him more then Jimmy G.

MrThortan

Reaction score
It was tough getting our assess kicked, and even more so getting it kicked again after the Ram's game. I surprisingly wasn't filled with gloom after those losses though. Football season is almost over and we are guaranteed at least two more games. If the 49ers kick our asses, then its time to focus on the playoff game. If we are one and done, then on to the draft. Off season, then preseason. Super Bowl is the goal, but I am not let down if our team does not claim the ultimate prize.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The good news is that we will know how important this game actually is before it starts.

If all the home teams win this week then we would be playing for the #1 seed and in my view that is absolutely worth treating as an all or nothing game. However, if both the Saints and Packers win their road games, then the game "only" determines whether we get the #3 or #5 seed. In that scenario we should still obviously play to win but shouldn't push too hard when it comes to playing through injuries or pulling out all the stops.

As far as who should/might play it's hard to say much until we get to Wednesday's injury report at least. At the moment I think we need to approach this game with an underdog mentality which means risk seeking behavior. Trick plays, going for 4th downs, risking an interception here or there. That could change if we get very good and unexpected news on the injury front, particularly on defense.

One overlooked downside of Hunt having to take over for Britt is that it encourages us to keep Pocic on the active list due to his flexibility as a potentially needed backup center. He's been a huge liability in relief at either guard spot this season and so we really need our mammoth starting guards to stay healthy all game. Alternatively, we could roll the dice and activate Haynes instead.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MrThortan":3tbl3qvl said:
It was tough getting our assess kicked, and even more so getting it kicked again after the Ram's game. I surprisingly wasn't filled with gloom after those losses though. Football season is almost over and we are guaranteed at least two more games. If the 49ers kick our asses, then its time to focus on the playoff game. If we are one and done, then on to the draft. Off season, then preseason. Super Bowl is the goal, but I am not let down if our team does not claim the ultimate prize.

I am on this magic carpet ride. I still remember that we are in a retooling year and have made it past where we should be with all the wins this season.

This division is back to being hot for all the right reasons. Fire Tempers Steel. And all in our division are on fire. This year aint over yet, but it is like a new season on the horizon. It shall be interesting.

minormillikin

Reaction score
"Screw the Arizona game Lets look at week 17, " said the Seahawks coaches, players and press during the week before the Arizona game.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
minormillikin":3t9cqgvf said:
"Screw the Arizona game Lets look at week 17, " said the Seahawks coaches, players and press during the week before the Arizona game.

Pretty much this is what I saw last Sunday too

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
minormillikin":14fvifuc said:

Have a Link to this?