Put 2023 aside and Look at 2024.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Currently at 6-6, the Seahawks will be drafting at #15.

It's a possibility that they might be drafting at #4-9 with the remaining schedule.

Should had, Could had Would had drafted a 1st round pick on a DL., and hoping that Verse is available in 2024 draft.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If we want a real contender, put 2024 aside too and lets look at 2025. That's what JS should be doing.
I just had the same thought. This team is NOT anywhere near being a contender.
If they were to cut dead weight and make savvy FA moves , and have a couple of great drafts Seattle might be ready in 2025-2026 .

They haven't done anything yet to make me think this will happen. The Leonard Williams acquisition tells me PC/JS were pushing all their chips to the center of the table for this year. Slightly desperate .

GemCity

Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, I too don’t think anything is going to happen until 2025.

There’s so many holes. In no particular order, we need: QB, safeties, MLB, IO & ID linemen…coordinator’s and it’s time for a new coach. Jeezus…that’s a lot.

Love what PC has done and have nothing but respect.

But we’re very far away from doing real damage in the playoffs. Let alone, a SB.

CactusJack

Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, I too don’t think anything is going to happen until 2025.

There’s so many holes. In no particular order, we need: QB, safeties, MLB, IO & ID linemen…coordinator’s and it’s time for a new coach. Jeezus…that’s a lot.

Love what PC has done and have nothing but respect.

But we’re very far away from doing real damage in the playoffs. Let alone, a SB.
If you bring in the right coaching staff, I think this team isn't that far off tbh. There's enough talent on this team. The issue is scheme & poor coaching imo.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Witherspoon has an all pro look. You did pretty good with that pick
Spoon is a star.

Our biggest problem at the moment isn't talent. It's coaching. The schemes for the most part remain very vanilla. There isn't a ton of variety. Opponents know exactly how to attack us without making the necessary adjustments.

Every coach has an expiration date. Pete really should have been replaced by now. Not much is going to change with him in charge.

This team has been stuck in neutral since Paul Allen's death. That's the unfortunate reality that we're faced with.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Spoon is a star.

Our biggest problem at the moment isn't talent. It's coaching. The schemes for the most part remain very vanilla. There isn't a ton of variety. Opponents know exactly how to attack us without making the necessary adjustments.

Every coach has an expiration date. Pete really should have been replaced by now. Not much is going to change with him in charge.

This team has been stuck in neutral since Paul Allen's death. That's the unfortunate reality that we're faced with.
This.

They'll be good enough at times to fool us into thinking they're taking steps towards being a real contender. But the real issues never truly get addressed.

If you like cheering for a team that is respectable and middle of the road , the Seattle Seahawks are the team .

CactusJack

Reaction score
Pete needs to take a good long look in the mirror & realize that what he's doing, isn't working. It hasn't worked for quite a while.

He needs to bring in a legit DC. Someone like Mike Macdonald (Ravens). Who can help elevate & take this team to another level.

You don't need a team full of superstars to be great. It certainly helps. But with the right scheme & coaching (Baltimore), it can be achieved.

Unfortunately, we know that Pete's too stubborn to make the necessary changes & improvements. So therefore, nothing will change.

Pete has to go.

Last edited:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Why is it, that the Hawk's injury list is always 5 times longer than the opposing team's injury list, from game 1 all the way to game 17?

Friday Injury Report

The Seahawks have seven players officially listed as questionable for Sunday's division showdown against the 49ers including Geno Smith. Smith was added to the injury report on Thursday afternoon with a groin injury that limited him in practice on Thursday and kept him out on Friday. "He just tweaked his groin a little bit yesterday. He kind of stumbled over somebody," said head coach Pete Carroll. As for whether he will start on Sunday, he could be a game time decision. "Yeah, we're going to wait and see," said coach Carroll when asked if they will wait until pregame warmups to make a decision on his game status.

Running backs Kenneth Walker III and Zach Charbonnet are both questionable after missing the first practice of the week and being limited in the following two this week. Walker has not played since exiting the loss against the Rams in Week 11 with an oblique injury while Charbonnet suffered a bruised knee last Thursday against Dallas. "Both of those guys looked pretty good. We have to see what happens tomorrow, see how they feel and all of that, but both guys worked today," said coach Carroll when asked about the status of the team's top two leading rushers.

Three starters on the defensive side of the ball are questionable as Jarran Reed, Jordyn Brooks and Tre Brown have been dealing with lower body injuries. Brooks suffered an ankle injury in the first half of the Dallas game and wasn't able to return. He missed the first two practices of the week but was able to return to the field on Friday. As for his status on Sunday, Brooks is another player that will need as much time as possible leading up to gameday to make a decision. Despite being questionable, Jarran Reed should be available to play on Sunday barring any setbacks.

The 49ers ruled three players out of Sunday's contest versus the Seahawks including defensive lineman Arik Armstead who didn't practice all week due to foot/knee injury.

Why hasn't any member of our local sports media ever asked Pete Carroll why his team has 5 times the injury list than all of his opponents have? This crap has been going on for well over eight or nine years now... 30 healthy young men are not going to beat a healthy 46 man squad.

When does this end?????

flv2

Reaction score
Ticket and merchandise buyers believing the team will compete before the season begins sells tickets and merchandising. That's what owners want. Rinse and repeat. It's unusual for teams to prioritise a future season because of the financial implications. I don't see the Seahawks prioritising 2025 over 2024.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Currently at 6-6, the Seahawks will be drafting at #15.

It's a possibility that they might be drafting at #4-9 with the remaining schedule.

Should had, Could had Would had drafted a 1st round pick on a DL., and hoping that Verse is available in 2024 draft.
Giving up next years 2nd on a half season rental is going to bite us - despite having 2 3rds. That second round pick is more useful to a team such as this - in hindsight - we’ve got a pile of FAs - I think we’re in a bit of a pickle -

This would have been a good rebuild year - but whatever. I don’t expect anything to really matter until we change our coaching staff.

GemCity

Reaction score
Giving up next years 2nd on a half season rental is going to bite us - despite having 2 3rds. That second round pick is more useful to a team such as this - in hindsight - we’ve got a pile of FAs - I think we’re in a bit of a pickle -

This would have been a good rebuild year - but whatever. I don’t expect anything to really matter until we change our coaching staff.
If Williams re-signs…maybe…just maybe it will work out.

But, he’s going to be looking for a payday.

In my opinion, giving up the pick(s) is and has been ill-advised.

Maybe we only lost our next 2nd round RB 😝.

AZHawk

Reaction score
Spoon is a star, He is great 1v1.

But you want DL pressure, 1 DL will help the other DL and will help the secondary as well.
Losing Nwosu for the season didn't help any. It's hard to plan around the loss of the best piece on the defensive line.