Lets talk Derick Hall

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think Boye Mafe is going to put Derick Hall in redshirt mode this year. Dudes been getting Pete's attention with his improvement from year one. Expect Mafe to be the starter opposite Nwosu with DT subbing in on 3rd and long. Hall will start on special teams and the occasional sub for Nwosu or Mafe to keep them fresh.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sadly Hall has not been able to show much of his vaunted first step so far. Undoubtedly he will now see more reps with Nwosu hurt.

I suspect the team is looking for a good addition. The trading deadline will be interesting.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Definitely a slow start for the young man. I was the most excited about him in the offseason. Time for him to find another level.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sadly Hall has not been able to show much of his vaunted first step so far. Undoubtedly he will now see more reps with Nwosu hurt.
Thus far, Nwosu has been getting 67% of the team's total defensive snaps while Hall has been getting 32%... so there's plenty of space for Hall's snaps to increase with Uchenna being out for the rest of the year.

toffee

Reaction score
It took Mafe a season to 'get it', so it's too early to judge Hall. That said, he hasn't impress so far.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
He's going to shine (unlike the sun in Seattle) with the injury to Nwoso, just give him some time. His play is solid, run and pass.

Cheers

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
IIRC, Either Pete or John had Hall ranked as a first round pick this year. Now, the reflex reaction to that is "Oh great, another of Pete/John's 1st round reaches" but with this being the second consecutive draft where they've hit it out of the park, it begs the question: Is Hall a 1st round talent? As of right now, his snaps have been limited; I predict that will change with Nwosu being out the rest of the year. Hall will either step up and look like the 1st rounder that Pete/John saw him as, or he will be average (possibly until he "gets it" next year, like Mafe this year).

Either way, I'm excited for Hall to get his opportunity as well as every other rookie we have. The cohesiveness is building, and that was one of the LOB's strong points is how they all knew how each other played so there was VERY MINIMUM miscommunication on the field leading to bigger plays.

Unleash Hall, elevate Bell/Smith to spell him and let's get some reps in for our young guys to shine!