Saints, GB or Niners in the Division Game - who do you want?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
GB would be my choice, but I can't see a scenario where they beat SF. I expect the Saints to be in here in 2 weeks anyway. I don't think they lose to Philly or Dallas

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":i7p4satq said:
I don't care who....any of them are fine with me.

This is where I'm at. Beat whoever it is or you're not the best team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Green Bays defense doesn't scare anyone, it's stopping their offense. Saints are a wild card, we shut them down cold and if they make adjustments they could be tough, we have the HFA but they would be tougher. 49ers won't be the same team we seen in the past, they have some confidence now, we would be in a slug fest with a team that knows us as well as we know them. The irony would be great to carry through next year to beat them but that game would be the hardest to come out of even at home on top if they get here healthy. The key with getting the bye is you get healthier and other teams have the risk of injuries with each time out.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Saints, easy.

WIN!

It's going to be San Fran vs Seattle in the NFCCG anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'd rather not play GB, because of their offense and our offensive woes. A whomever has the ball last type shoot out with the Bettislike factor is scary. A few phantom PI calls against us against one of the NFL "glamour teams" with the current commish is a scary situation.

I don't fear NO's or SF's offense's HERE at all.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Watching Follydelphia's inability to cover the Cowboys' TE ltonight leads me to believe that we will face the Saints in 2 weeks. Packers will have to go through 9ers then Carolina to get to us.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Green Bay fans travel well, somewhat mitigating our HFA, but I have to go with the Packers. Seeing the Niners go one and done would be sweet.

The Outfield

Reaction score
rjdriver":16tg40ho said:
Green Bay fans travel well, somewhat mitigating our HFA, but I have to go with the Packers. Seeing the Niners go one and done would be sweet.

I think there's more bandwagoners than travellers

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have no issues with either of those choices. In a combination of 4 games in each of their last appearances here they have combined for 4 Hawk victories, in which the Hawks have a 124-35 advantage. An average beating of 31-9.

It is no secret that the Hawks play a different brand of football when faced by what is considered an elite team at home. Wilson is 10 times the QB than he was when GB was here last time.

So really? Bring it on. The Legion and Beast Mode are ready.

James in PA

Reaction score
I think we'll be playing the Saints. Even though New Orleans isn't the same team outside the dome, I really think they can and will handle Philly. I'm not sold on Philly at all. New Orleans nearly won in Carolina a couple weeks ago and their O was clicking today. Philly has no defense.

MPLogick

Reaction score
I think the chances it'll be the Packers are pretty darn small - I can't see both wild card teams losing, when they are both arguably better teams. Between the Niners and Saints, I'd much rather play the Saints.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
As for me, though there's a piece of me that's a bit nervous about the prospect of seeing them again, I'd like another crack at the Saints. Starting with their loss to the Hawks on December 2nd, the Saints lost 3 of their final 5 games. In the regular season, they allowed an average of 4.6 Yards/Rush (tied for 27th in that category) and an average of 114.1 Rushing Yards/Game (19th). It sure seems like Carroll and the rest of the Seattle coaching staff have got the blueprint on how to attack both the Saints offense and defense.

Green Bay wouldn't be a bad choice either, as their Pass and Rush Defense was pretty bad in the regular season. The only thing that gives me pause is the idea of facing Aaron Rodgers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bad weather game with a big ass back like Lacey that can get momentum to run with guys trying to tackle and move with bad footing I could see the 49ers dropping it. Rodgers is also fresh after sitting out with an injury and got the rust off. Also this is a statement game for the Packers after getting whooped in San Francisco. Lots to look at in favor of a upset by the Packers. The problem is containment of the 49ers if it isn't bad weather, Green Bay isn't stopping anyone these days.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
A 34-28 loss in an away game isn't getting whooped by most standards.

However, the Packers scoring 28 points in only 22 minutes leaves a glimmer of hope heading into LAMBEAU. Also, Packers want the 49ers again, imo, out of any team in the NFL, even the Seahawks.

With that said... I hope the 49ers move on to Carolina.

And the Seahawks get the Saints only because It means the Eagles are out of the picture. Their offense is so unpredictably awesome and supercharged at times, I just have a feeling of uncertainty with them. Plus, Eagles are a better Road team than Home team. Although they would be a good practice for the Broncos.

Is it illegal for Paul Allen to pay another NFL team to practice and scrimmage against our team prior to the Superbowl?

JK if that was the case, Harbaugh would probably offer his team to the Broncos free of charge.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd like the satisfaction of booting the Niners from the playoffs. But, I think that's the toughest draw for us coming off of a bye.

The Saints and GB both make me nervous as when their QBs get hot, it can get ugly. I'd still rather face either one of these teams coming out of a bye. We've proven we can shut them both down.

Of the two, I'd rather see GB than the Saints. Payton and Brees make me nervous; now that they've seen the game plan, Payton usually comes up with a good offensive counter.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I want no part of the GB "Aaron Rodgers gets every call" game.

Give me New Orleans.

I respect them and I like that matchup.

San Francisco in NFC-CG?
wwe_the_rock_says_bring_it-42991.gif