RW3's legacy

Scout

Reaction score
Wilson was solid today and very efficient.

This is what SP wants to do on offense with a balanced attack between the ground and the air. Mims keeps impressing me and I think he should have a bigger role moving forward as he is that good.

Defensively the Broncos actually looked like they were playing with a plan instead of just letting things come to them which is a welcomed change.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RW dunking on all haterz
Funny that a 49er fan is the one calling out psychosis and coming to battle for their team’s daddy. He whoop y’all with his belt so much, y’all have to respect him. Just remember to call him “Sir”.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Funny that a 49er fan is the one calling out psychosis and coming to battle for their team’s daddy. He whoop y’all with his belt so much, y’all have to respect him. Just remember to call him “Sir”.
he did, for like a decade, dude was legit elite against SF.
Let’s Ride, are you ready to ride with Mr Unlimited?

balakoth

Reaction score
So Broncos defense held up at the end.. scored 7.. Held the the bears again and got them short field for 40 yards to get a field goal and then D sealed it with an Int yet... Russ saved them? Interesting

strohmin

Reaction score
So Broncos defense held up at the end.. scored 7.. Held the the bears again and got them short field for 40 yards to get a field goal and then D sealed it with an Int yet... Russ saved them? Interesting
Exacrtly and you know he probably said something like you want to be in those situations as a competitor as if he saved the game himself.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
RW is not the only QB that is struggling and not living up to his contract. Joe Burrow has a bigger deal and is playing even worse. Furthermore, Burrow has much more weapons to work with than RW does.
I agree Burrow is struggling but it is interesting to note that when RW went to Denver it was thought he was going to a better offence than the Seahawks (the media said a better O-Line and a better set of receivers though I didn't think the later was true).
Denver also had one the best defences in the league. Even with the lack of draft picks I am astounded how much the Denver D has deteriorated this season.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me is that Me3 isn't playing as shittily as I wanted.

Is it typical Russ hero ball typa stuff - from generally what I see on RedZone -

Unfortunately, he's not their only problem.

I wanted shittier!!!!! Dammit!!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me is that Me3 isn't playing as shittily as I wanted.

Is it typical Russ hero ball typa stuff - from generally what I see on RedZone -

Unfortunately, he's not their only problem.

I wanted shittier!!!!! Dammit!!!!
But is he worth what they are paying him? Is he an actual upgrade over Stidham? I think they'd still be at least 1-3 with anyone else

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RW dunking on all haterz

I think for most Hawk and NFL fans the hating's stopped, now it's even worse..........total ambivalence.

Russ is playing better, but that's not a compliment considering how putrid he was last season. And certainly nowhere well enough to warrant his insane contract and helping the Broncos be anything more than the worst team in their division and ceiling of a 5-6 win team.

As far as legacy, Russ's legacy took the biggest hit a legacy could take last year forcing his way out of a great situation where he was well on his way to a gold jacket. Not sure he'll ever recover, and what's going on in Denver isn't helping, cause he's mediocre and the Broncos still suck, and will continue to suck until he's gone.

evergreen

Reaction score
The important thing is they beat the Bears. Now it'll be harder to tank for Caleb. Caleb could possibly negate the Hell we sent them to since that franchise destroying trade. I was sweating bullets yesterday.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Regardless of the circumstances, Russ played well today. The fact that the Bronco's defense gave up such ridiculous numbers to Fields—maybe the worst QB in football—is the real problem for them. They are probably a fringe .500 team with a semi-competent defense.
Disagree! Look at the upcoming games on the Donk schedule. Pick out even 5 more wins. Hard to do.

NYJ
KC
GB
KC
BUFF
MINN
CLE
TEX
LAC
DET
NE
LAC
LV

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The important thing is they beat the Bears. Now it'll be harder to tank for Caleb. Caleb could possibly negate the Hell we sent them to since that franchise destroying trade. I was sweating bullets yesterday.

First, there is frequently a QB prospect that everyone agrees will be the #1 overall pick in the next draft, and as you can see by looking at a list of QBs drafted #1 overall, the chance of such a QB turning into a franchise-lifting great QB is surprisingly small.
Second, the Broncos roster already has some holes, and the big cap hits from the albatross of a contract extension the Broncos gave Wilson before he'd played a single snap for them will only start to hit next year. So that completely undoes one of the biggest advantages of drafting a QB - the potential low cap hits for a QB, who then doesn't have to be great to be a tremendous bargain. The Seahawks took advantage of having Wilson on a third-round rookie contract to spend money on other parts of the team. The Broncos, even if they managed to draft Williams next year, would not have that advantage. They'd in fact have one of the highest cap hits for their QB room in the league, between Williams's cap hits that should be somewhere along the lines of $7M, $9M, $10M, and $12M for the four fully guaranteed-at-signing years of his rookie contract and Wilson's cap hits of $35.4M, $55.4M, and $58.4M over 2024-2026. And cutting or trading Wilson doesn't get them out of cap hell either, because there's still a lot of money from his signing bonus that has to be accounted for on the Broncos' cap. Even if they cut him after 2024, when they can actually get a little cap savings, there'll still be nearly $50M of not-yet-accounted-for bonus money that'll have to either fall on their 2025 cap or be split into $18.4M on the 2025 cap and $31.2M on the 2026 cap.

I hope the Broncos draft Williams, and keep in mind that I still have more loathing in my heart for the Broncos and Raiders than I do for the Seahawks' current division rivals. Even if they get Williams, the Broncos will either have the cap-costliest backup in league history or they'll be suffering with the cap accounting for a recently cut or traded Wilson for another season or two. Either way, the Broncos should be in bad shape for a few years, because there's no way they could build a good team around Williams I'm looking forward to much Bronco failure in the next 3-4 years. The Wilson contract extension is the gift that keeps on giving to people like me who really enjoy watching the Broncos fail.

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
Disagree! Look at the upcoming games on the Donk schedule. Pick out even 5 more wins. Hard to do.

NYJ
KC
GB
KC
BUFF
MINN
CLE
TEX
LAC
DET
NE
LAC
LV
It was a conditional statement. The Broncos don't have a semi-competent defense.

In any case, I don't think picking out potential wins is hard to do.