RW3's legacy

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Yeah - I noted the competent defense caveat after I posted.

I wouldn't 20$ on the broncos to win any of those games. Most likely wins are prob GB and LV. But still seems easier to sell losses on that schedule than wins.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Regardless of the circumstances, Russ played well today. The fact that the Bronco's defense gave up such ridiculous numbers to Fields—maybe the worst QB in football—is the real problem for them. They are probably a fringe .500 team with a semi-competent defense.
Denver's problem is the same problem we had at the end of Russell's tenure. 90% of his production comes on 3 or 4 plays. The rest of the time they can't move the ball for large chunks of games and the defense gets bombarded. If it wasn't for their d getting 2 takeaways and scoring a TD, they would've lost by 2 scores to the BEARS. it took a poor coaching decision by Chicago to not lose even with the takeaways.

knownone

Reaction score
Denver's problem is the same problem we had at the end of Russell's tenure. 90% of his production comes on 3 or 4 plays. The rest of the time they can't move the ball for large chunks of games and the defense gets bombarded. If it wasn't for their d getting 2 takeaways and scoring a TD, they would've lost by 2 scores to the BEARS. it took a poor coaching decision by Chicago to not lose even with the takeaways.
I agree. I mentioned in one of these threads that Russ is a losing player for similar reasons to the ones you've stated. Nonetheless, I had the unfortunate pleasure of watching that game this Sunday; Russ was lights out in the second half. So, my perspective shifted a bit. Why? Well, the Bears had the worst passing offense in NFL history heading into week 4, and the Broncos still gave up 300+ yards passing and 4 TDs. This was a week removed from giving up 70 points.

That's a pretty terrible situation for Russ to be in. And I have no issues giving him credit when he does well. And make no mistake, he did play well. He's not elite anymore. But he's certainly good enough to win games with a competent defense.

JPatera76

Reaction score
With very VERY lopsided TOP, gassing his defense.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And in cringe worthy #3 fashion , his press conference afterwards sounded like they were ready for the playoffs. If you didn't watch the game,you'd think they won 35-10.

" oh man , everyone was blocking so good, that was such a great route , the defense was playing lights out, my wristbands were so on point ."

olyfan63

Reaction score

Ozzy

Reaction score
He's actually have a great year. This obsession with Russ is weird to me.

Wilson was fantastic while here and was a massive reason we went to 2 superbowls and won one.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
And in cringe worthy #3 fashion , his press conference afterwards sounded like they were ready for the playoffs. If you didn't watch the game,you'd think they won 35-10.

" oh man , everyone was blocking so good, that was such a great route , the defense was playing lights out, my wristbands were so on point ."
Did he seriously say that the defense, who gave up 4 TD's to the worst passing offense in the league, played lights out?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Did he seriously say that the defense, who gave up 4 TD's to the worst passing offense in the league, played lights out?

View attachment 60978
I wasn't quoting exactly what he said but I'm not too far off. C'mon you've heard a few of his press conversations and their is NOTHING NEGATIVE. Syrupy cheesiness on full tilt douchness 😂

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I wasn't quoting exactly what he said but I'm not too far off. C'mon you've heard a few of his press conversations and their is NOTHING NEGATIVE. Syrupy cheesiness on full tilt douchness 😂
Oh man, you had me fooled. 😅

I reread your post, I was so focused on the defense comment, I didn't even see the last one, which is a dead give-away that you were just joking. "the wristbands were so on point" :ROFLMAO: I guess you did a good job of channeling Russ' corniness. Probably not too far off from what he would actually say.

Weadoption

Reaction score
He's actually have a great year. This obsession with Russ is weird to me.

Wilson was fantastic while here and was a massive reason we went to 2 superbowls and won one.
thread winner and it ain’t even close

rcaido

Reaction score
With very VERY lopsided TOP, gassing his defense.

Seattle is currently ranked 31st out of 32 in TOP even with that amazing defensive game last night, would you blame Geno for the bad TOP or is it because of the defense?

Wilson right now 2nd in TDs, 9th in yards, & 3rd in Passer rating. While having a 67% completion rate. Its still early though but this could be a bounce back year, making last year a fluke.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Seattle is currently ranked 31st out of 32 in TOP even with that amazing defensive game last night, would you blame Geno for the bad TOP or is it because of the defense?

Wilson right now 2nd in TDs, 9th in yards, & 3rd in Passer rating. While having a 67% completion rate. Its still early though but this could be a bounce back year, making last year a fluke.
all cool stats. But the most important stat?

1-3

olyfan63

Reaction score

You got me wondering with the "wristband" thing too, Mr. Barnum...
Russell has agreed to wear a wristband for Payton, and is actually singing the praises of the wristband ("...my wristbandS were so on point..."), wow, Payton has really gotten through to Russell! ...IF it were true...

Ignoring the sheer weirdness of Russell praising wristbands' contents, e.g., with the right plays designed to win against this opponent, I guess, the grammatical error gives it away, isn't there only typically ONE wristband that a QB wears, not two? But the cornball Russ could plausibly gush about his wristBAND (singular) because he says enough other weird things.

It's like those scam emails or texts we get where words are misspelled, incorrect English is used, etc. that call them out as obvious scams. Next time, do a grammatically correct version, and you'll hook a lot more suckers.

P.S. We need your help getting the Prince's $20M monie out of Nigeria, would you like to make ten thousand dollar for helping?

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I wonder how long this board will continue to seethe about RW?

I still love the guy; even though I am glad he's gone. I liked him failing when it gave us draft capital, but now all I wish is for him to have success, unless it effects us.

Scout

Reaction score
Broncos lose out and the Hawks have a high pick so yeah watching the Broncos lose is something to consider.

Broncos should beat the Jets but the Jets are going to be a lot tougher than the Bears. And then you end up with a tough stretch of games that will be brutal.

I think the Jets game is a must win for the Broncos because if they lose against the Jets they have a short week to prepare for the Chiefs on Thursday night. Then they have the Packers, Chiefs again, and the red hot Bills that just spanked the Dolphins.

Followed by the Vikings, Browns, Texans and Chargers all looking to be in the hunt toward .500 or better.

But then finish the season against Lions, Patriots, Chargers and Raiders.

So yeah if the Broncos want to have a winning season the Jets game is a must win.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Oh man, you had me fooled. 😅

I reread your post, I was so focused on the defense comment, I didn't even see the last one, which is a dead give-away that you were just joking. "the wristbands were so on point" :ROFLMAO: I guess you did a good job of channeling Russ' corniness. Probably not too far off from what he would actually say.
Hahaha , I wish I could like your post twice 😜

morgulon1

Reaction score
You got me wondering with the "wristband" thing too, Mr. Barnum...
Russell has agreed to wear a wristband for Payton, and is actually singing the praises of the wristband ("...my wristbandS were so on point..."), wow, Payton has really gotten through to Russell! ...IF it were true...

Ignoring the sheer weirdness of Russell praising wristbands' contents, e.g., with the right plays designed to win against this opponent, I guess, the grammatical error gives it away, isn't there only typically ONE wristband that a QB wears, not two? But the cornball Russ could plausibly gush about his wristBAND (singular) because he says enough other weird things.

It's like those scam emails or texts we get where words are misspelled, incorrect English is used, etc. that call them out as obvious scams. Next time, do a grammatically correct version, and you'll hook a lot more suckers.

P.S. We need your help getting the Prince's $20M monie out of Nigeria, would you like to make ten thousand dollar for helping?
Now I'm self conscious of my poor command of the English language. You know I am actually Nigerian royalty. I was actually picturing #3 with the standard wristbands and not the QB wristband with the information.

Thank you Olyfan63!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Now I'm self conscious of my poor command of the English language. You know I am actually Nigerian royalty. I was actually picturing #3 with the standard wristbands and not the QB wristband with the information.

Thank you Olyfan63!
Now if you'd quoted him with, "even the fragrance I wore today was so on point, it was 'Intense' from the R&C fragrance collection, that's r-a-n-d-c-fragrance.com, and it truly sparked the whole team to play with intensity.",
Yup, THAT I would have totally bought, hook, line, and sinker.

And yes, that is the actual name of one of his and Ciara's fragrances.

Of course, it would open him up to pundit comments like, "Well, Russell and the Broncos really stunk up the joint today, so bad that even Russell and Ciara's latest fragrance couldn't mask the stink." Brandon Perna, are you listening?