Now, here's Aaron Rodgers. Same theme:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/packrfan4/status/1063294059635228673[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1044244809647628288[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LANGSTON253/status/1059264541681315840[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/beam_me_up_1/status/1046481135276978176[/tweet]

These are from 2016, in case some think he's only recently making mistakes:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/789253210309402625[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/786300788738056193[/tweet]

I can find more examples. Both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are the greatest of all time to me, and when it's all said and done Wilson will be up there. But let's stop making these QBs sound perfect simply to bash Russ. Russ makes a lot of good to great plays to balance out his screw ups, just like they do

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But Fade, listen to some sense. None of these are Russ, so they don't count. He's bad all by himself. . . right? What other QBs do is irrelevant to the conversation about how bad our own QB is.

I mean, right?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Keep 'em coming Scorpion05.

This is what I am talking about. These delusional-or-ill informed fans have no idea what they are watching. It's time to educate them, or watch their heads explode. Either way it will be a fun time.

200w

The truth is If you put any of the "Elite" guys under the microscope you will see the blemishes, and worts that they have.

"but.. but.. but.. Wilson still makes mistakes, he isn't perfect." News flash Bucko I never said he was, and secondly no one is. :2thumbs:

Rodgers can't see he is too short.

Like Wilson, Rodgers likes to hold the ball, and extend the play.

rcaido

Reaction score
Didn't you know all his stats comes from garbage time. He simply doesn't pass the eye test....Too short and not black enough to be elite.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":54kwdrre said:
I just think some of us are desensitized to Wilson and more or less brainwashed by the NFL’s directive of mandating as well as insuring high-scoring, high powered passing offenses. And it’s incredibly passive... I’d say probably 99% of Seahawks are NOT dissecting every QB, in every game, and every play. Most of us are just privy to game highlights and the often personal agendas and biases of NFL’s mainstream analysts, many who are just pure instigators or promoters instead of actual professors. So more often than not we only see the successes of the league’s best rather than the whole picture.

But I’d say a good majority of us fans, ill say a good 80-90% are watching every Seahawks games, and probably a good chunk I’d say 40-50% of those fans are dissecting every single thing Wilson does. I’d say half of those fans are of the highly critical variety... the whole thing about being highly critical... those types of fans tend to only focus on the negative. They only tend to nitpick every single thing Wilson does wrong, every mistake, every missed opportunity, every failure with or without context of why those things happened. Yet they seem to blur out all the extraordinary things Wilson does or better yet they think Russell Wilson, the Super Powered version should always be his standard each and every game. To a point because they want to believe he’s just not good.

I didn’t think Russell was Elite a few years ago like after 2014 and absolutely got blasted for it and I believe that thread ended up shacked.

This is an ongoing argument that’s not going to go away because there is some of who recognize Russell Wilson as who he is in the confines of his weaknesses, from that side to other and in between, those who are blurring his greatness into his standard where he should be passing like the 2nd half of 2015, running likes it’s 2014, while winning every game that’s there is an opportunity. And we he fails the expectations and he does because he’s human, not a god. He’s not the player they thought he was of thought he was going to be.

And so on and they sour on him. I’m sure you’ve been to bars, parties, tailgates, games, social media, forums, water coolers, there’s always that one freakin dude that will point out every single thing Russell does that has negative impact, and he’ll tell you about it religiously, you might even be that guy.

I’m not sure if Russ is best of the best, most elite, however those numbers in the OP put him in the conversation, no doubt, but if you’re a person who thinks Luck is better than Wilson. That’s dumb.

If you’re a fan that thinks 2018 Russell Wilson has regressed that’s even dumber.

I also think you can call him glorified game manager if you like but know if you do, you have to call him The Greatest Game Manager of All-Time or That Has Ever Existed because he’s on a career trajectory that will land him in Canton one day

Good Thoughts Overall.

Scorpion05's twitter breakdowns add to it, and clearly illustrates the other guys make mistakes too. And there are plenty more breakdowns to dissect out there if you really want to overanalyze and nitpick a guy.

Bottom line the production is there, the wins are there. The 4th qtr comebacks, and game winning drives are there. And he did it behind Cable offensive lines, and a guy who can't find a job in the NFL calling plays.

Unless someone wants to argue against irrefutable factual evidence.

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FkVaj8JXJcDsqs2Fgiphy

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Really, you can go without stats at all and just look at the Seahawks in 2011 vs 2012. Virtually the same team, RW replaced Turdvarious Jackson. Who already know the bevel 'schemes' inside and out from time spent in both Minne and here.

2011, meh. 2012, one bad quarter of D away from the NFCCG. 2013, Superb Owl winner.

Since this is already all known, there is probably nothing anyone can say to the delusionals that can get them out of their alternate realities.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'm just happy we don't have an O-line coach that is trying to get our QB killed. You'll see a difference. I predict as many TD passes as last season, or more.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
TBH, I think that particular stat would be more accurate if every sack was counted as a throw-away pass since in 'passer rating against the blitz' both a throw-away/incomplete and a sack show that the blitz worked. Do you know if that's how they do it? I mean, I could get sacked 1000 times and only get off one throw, and if it's complete for a TD my passer rating against the blitz is 158.3 or whatever 'perfect' is.

HawkGA

Reaction score
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics. You get them to say just about anything you want if you pick and choose what you put in. For example, I don't see height anywhere in your comparisons.
:sarcasm_off:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":1dspt1hm said:
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics. You get them to say just about anything you want if you pick and choose what you put in. For example, I don't see height anywhere in your comparisons.
:sarcasm_off:

Maybe his huge hands make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fade":4ufjie7l said:
Unless someone wants to argue against irrefutable factual evidence.

Twisted will be here to do that as soon as the Seahawks lose again. He is the only Wilson detractor I take seriously, as he is far less vindictive in his assertions.

Interested to hear his take on this before a loss though

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd goes in.
[youtube]KZGKL6ygprY[/youtube]

Rodgers is not elite based on the standards some of these delusional Seahawks fans have set for Russell Wilson. Hold Aaron Rodgers to those same standards then he isn't elite either.

Time to wakeup.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Biggest lesson learned: If you have an elite or even good QB, invest in protecting him. Almost every QB, no matter their skill level, is far better when the Line hovers between competent to good.

So I suggest all the Russell haters re-direct their vitriol towards the actual source of most of our offensive woes over the last few years: OL play.

Thank goodness this season has shown a real effort to shore that up. Firing Cable, hiring Solari, signing Fluker, Sweezy and Brown. Getting the run game going. And low and behold, Russ is having statistically one of his best seasons ever.

It's a team game. You cannot neglect the lines especially.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3k79yo1w said:
Hox and others who continually criticize Russell’s ability to identify the blitz should read https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patrio ... inst-blitz

That’s right.... #1 vs the blitz.

Awesome find.

Keep stuff like this coming guys.

"Against five or more rushers this season, according to ESPN's NFL Matchup, Brady is the lowest-rated quarterback in football.

His 59.6 rating in those situations ranks worse than Josh Rosen (63.7) and Case Keenum (64.9). It's a significant drop-off from where Aaron Rodgers (126.8) and Drew Brees (124.7) sit as the No. 2 and No. 3 quarterbacks in football against five or more rushers. Russell Wilson is No. 1 (129.4)."

Whelp I guess Brady isn't "Elite". He can't even beat out Case Keenum when throwing against the blitz.

Fun fact: Russell Wilson is consistently among the league leaders year in & year out against the blitz, and has finished #1 in the league several times.

justafan

Reaction score
I applaude any positive post these days. We know these stats have been posted several times a year and will continue to grow but there will never be a nail in the coffin until he is retired. He doesnt play the same game as a Goff or Brees so they will pile on his next ugly stretch of football. Same goes with Pete. Winning isnt enough they want the new shiny thing like a Mcvay or Nagy. Many wont truly appreciate what they have accomplished until they are gone.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's been known for a while that Wilson struggles against zone coverages and against corners who can stick close to their man. He faced both against Los Angeles and it's a big part of why he struggled. He faced neither against Green Bay, or against Detroit.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
justafan":4nnugvjx said:
I applaude any positive post these days. We know these stats have been posted several times a year and will continue to grow but there will never be a nail in the coffin until he is retired. He doesnt play the same game as a Goff or Brees so they will pile on his next ugly stretch of football. Same goes with Pete. Winning isnt enough they want the new shiny thing like a Mcvay or Nagy. Many wont truly appreciate what they have accomplished until they are gone.

No brother, I killed it. I put the nail in the coffin.

And fellow Hawk fans if you find mistakes, flaws, and nitpicks with the other "elite" QBs post it in here.

Credit to Scorpion05 & brimsalabim. Keep dropping info.

Please link any of these delusional posters you're finding to this thread so they can get bodied, or cured of their illness "Mythical Franchise Quarterback Syndrome".

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Cowherd has finally opened his eyes on Erin? What took him so long?
I guess he is just taking a break from bashing Cam Newton and Matt Ryan.
Russel is elite. Period. Thanks for sharing the stats to prove it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
You want an interesting addendum to the Rogers road-woes statistics, go look at Drew Brees road-win % on PFF (click on "Splits" for this data), then compare that with Russ. Also, look at Russ's road vs. home passing statistics, and you'll see there isn't much difference in yards, completion, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.