"Russell is losing his mind out there" per Polumbus

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
With all the talk of Wilson not running plays he is supposed to brings up the Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl when Pete Carroll catches shit for not running the ball could it have been a running play was called but Wilson wanting to be the hero audibled to a pass play

Donn2390

Reaction score
Russ's personal goals were to play until he is 45 and prove to the world that he is the best QB to have ever played the game.
If the slide continues, he will be forced to admit to himself that those goals are never going to be reached, and he needs to get out before it gets worse. The NFL history books are not going to paint him in a very good light at this point, so come up with a great excuse and get the H*ll out now.
I see him retiring due to "injuries", in an effort to save as much face as possible. He can claim that he would have been the greatest ever but the injuries piled up because evil Pete allowed him to get sacked so often.
He would have to give back a lot of money, but he will have plenty left to buy fancy clothes and perfume for mama. (or pay alimony?)
If this scenario were to play out, there would be some huge parties in the Mile High City..!

toffee

Reaction score
With all the talk of Wilson not running plays he is supposed to brings up the Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl when Pete Carroll catches shit for not running the ball could it have been a running play was called but Wilson wanting to be the hero audibled to a pass play
That has been my conspiracy theory, plays were sent from play caller, in this case Bevell to a speaker in QB's helmet. What play relayed to teammates in the hurdle, the OC has no idea or control. The headset is one way, only to listen, with no mic, and it's switched off 15 seconds left on the play call.

The story was that once Wilson called the play in the huddle, teammates suggested an audible to change the play, but Wilson refused. After the INT, Pete immediately took responsibility, Did Pete took responsibility because he approved the play, or to protect his new found franchise QB? Something only known to Pete, Bevell, and Russ.

• Only one player on offense and one player on defense can have a speaker in their helmet. This is a one-way audio device. Meaning the player can not talk back to the coach, he can only hear what the coach is saying.
  • The communication shuts off with 15 seconds left on the play clock. This is for the sole purpose of the coach not yelling in the quarterback’s ear before the play to check an audible or essentially mentally playing the game for the quarterback.
  • All players who have access to communication must wear a green dot on the back of their helmet seen in the picture below. This is for the referees to identify and check with each player to ensure they are the only ones communicating with the coach

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
That has been my conspiracy theory, plays were sent from play caller, in this case Bevell to a speaker in QB's helmet. What play relayed to teammates in the hurdle, the OC has no idea or control. The headset is one way, only to listen, with no mic, and it's switched off 15 seconds left on the play call.

The story was that once Wilson called the play in the huddle, teammates suggested an audible to change the play, but Wilson refused. After the INT, Pete immediately took responsibility, Did Pete took responsibility because he approved the play, or to protect his new found franchise QB? Something only known to Pete, Bevell, and Russ.
My guess is Pete is old school and didn’t want to take a chance with opening a can of worms that could really screw shit up

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Russ's personal goals were to play until he is 45 and prove to the world that he is the best QB to have ever played the game.
If the slide continues, he will be forced to admit to himself that those goals are never going to be reached, and he needs to get out before it gets worse. The NFL history books are not going to paint him in a very good light at this point, so come up with a great excuse and get the H*ll out now.
I see him retiring due to "injuries", in an effort to save as much face as possible. He can claim that he would have been the greatest ever but the injuries piled up because evil Pete allowed him to get sacked so often.
He would have to give back a lot of money, but he will have plenty left to buy fancy clothes and perfume for mama. (or pay alimony?)
If this scenario were to play out, there would be some huge parties in the Mile High City..!
In the direction Wilson is going no team will want him and the NFL will retire him. I saw an article from a Bronco’s site about how plausible it would be to release Wilson in a few years and how much of a cap hit , if it would be worth it especially if they draft a QB in 2 years with them expecting a top 10 pick who would be on a rookie contract to balance out the massive cap hit. The article used the Matt Ryan to Colts as an example with the cap hit the Falcons took

toffee

Reaction score
My guess is Pete is old school and didn’t want to take a chance with opening a can of worms that could really screw shit up
As I said, it's a conspiracy theory. But look, if Wilson did change the play, Pete had two choices. Took the blame for his QB, or tell the truth. It made more sense for Pete to shield Russ as Hawks were on a dynasty run, young team just went to two Superbowls.

This is something only John63 can have the last word.

BASF

Reaction score

Decent theory, however there is video of Pete asking for a pass play on the sideline just before the play went in. The problem with that is that Bevell is a moron and asked for a play that we only ran one play out of that formation. It should have been a variation of the play from that formation and we get a walk in touchdown. Browner recognized the play and so did all the other defense since it was one that he had them specifically look out for. Him practicing against it dozens of times a year for the years he was with us was the nail in the coffin. Bevell is at fault.

warden

Reaction score
Russell’s true downfall is when he decided that he was going to be a pocket passer. That is the downfall of most running quarterbacks. They start trying to be something they are not. Russell has never been and never will be a pocket passer. He is too slow getting the ball out from the pocket. He can’t do the 3 step ball is gone, 5 step ball is gone plays. Now that defenses are no longer worried about him taking off running, they know exactly how to defend him. This is what I have been seeing for a few years now. I rarely post here because the fire Pete Carroll let Russ cook crowd made it impossible to have a intelligent conversation about the Seahawks

toffee

Reaction score
Decent theory, however there is video of Pete asking for a pass play on the sideline just before the play went in. The problem with that is that Bevell is a moron and asked for a play that we only ran one play out of that formation. It should have been a variation of the play from that formation and we get a walk in touchdown. Browner recognized the play and so did all the other defense since it was one that he had them specifically look out for. Him practicing against it dozens of times a year for the years he was with us was the nail in the coffin. Bevell is at fault.
If Pete asked for a pass play, then my conspiracy theory goes out of the window :)

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The one thing that is interesting about the whole Russ thing is its totally obvious at this point that the culture Pete creates with the Seahawks is special.

Yes everthing being said about Russ and his deficiencies are true but the fact that Carroll finds a way to have success with a QB with those kinds of deficiencies is quite amazing.

Its quite clear the difference between Hackett and Carroll

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The one thing that is interesting about the whole Russ thing is its totally obvious at this point that the culture Pete creates with the Seahawks is special.

Yes everthing being said about Russ and his deficiencies are true but the fact that Carroll finds a way to have success with a QB with those kinds of deficiencies is quite amazing.

Its quite clear the difference between Hackett and Carroll

In some ways it is, in some ways it’s not.

Russ in 2012-14 was like the cherry on top of lob and marShawn. Pete decided Russell was the most sustainable piece and hence attempted to build around him while betting that he could just get better and better.

This was a bad bet. Lets be glad Russ swallowed Pete’s optimism bullshit enough to force a trade. Because otherwise it’d be us at maybe .500.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Lol @ it being normal to have a dad bod in your early 30s. I was in the best shape of my life in my early 30s. And Shannon Sharpe would like a word.

View attachment 55784
Same here dawg. I was still in an active men’s basketball rec league well into my late 30’s. Admittedly my bod is more of a dad bod now but he hasn’t aged well at all. Too bad he chose Ciara’s booty over playing the quarterback position. He’s too short to pocket pass lol

sc85sis

Reaction score

Pete was heard on video calling for pass. As far as we know, it was Bevell who called that specific pass play.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
In some ways it is, in some ways it’s not.

Russ in 2012-14 was like the cherry on top of lob and marShawn. Pete decided Russell was the most sustainable piece and hence attempted to build around him while betting that he could just get better and better.

This was a bad bet. Lets be glad Russ swallowed Pete’s optimism bullshit enough to force a trade. Because otherwise it’d be us at maybe .500.

Pete was heard on video calling for pass. As far as we know, it was Bevell who called that specific pass play.
Is there a link for this?

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Come to think of it, he never does go to the Children's Hospital without multiple cameras in tow...

I'm having trouble believing any of his philanthropy comes from any place other than self-promotion. He's even getting product placement in his children's hospital visits in Denver.

Not for nothing. It's still cool to visit those kids. But there's even rumors that he avoids visiting more physically disfigured children because they're not as photogenic...
Recently spoke to a person who works at the Children’s Hospital. Their opinion was that the visits were often more for show the last few years, and definitely caused a lot more sadness and heartbreak. They said he would come in with his entourage and have a strict schedule that allowed him to spend a few minutes with a few children. He would get his pictures for his social media sites and then leave. They said they always had a lot of kids who wanted to see him, many who had terminal illness and they would be so sad when he left and they didn’t get a turn. The person knew he couldn’t possibly see everyone, of course, but they said the amount of time he spent versus the amount of accolades he received for his time there made them and a lot of the staff question his authenticity. Especially as they were left to console all the sad kids. I wasn’t there and don’t know, of course, but that seems to mesh with what I have seen of him these last five years behind the scenes and on his social media.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russ is going to these children’s wards plus adult cancer units wearing shirts With logos like in his first subway ad. The orange and blue swag he gives out has the same logo.

If this is an attempt at subliminal programming, I’m gonna say epic fail.

toffee

Reaction score
Recently spoke to a person who works at the Children’s Hospital. Their opinion was that the visits were often more for show the last few years, and definitely caused a lot more sadness and heartbreak. They said he would come in with his entourage and have a strict schedule that allowed him to spend a few minutes with a few children. He would get his pictures for his social media sites and then leave. They said they always had a lot of kids who wanted to see him, many who had terminal illness and they would be so sad when he left and they didn’t get a turn. The person knew he couldn’t possibly see everyone, of course, but they said the amount of time he spent versus the amount of accolades he received for his time there made them and a lot of the staff question his authenticity. Especially as they were left to console all the sad kids. I wasn’t there and don’t know, of course, but that seems to mesh with what I have seen of him these last five years behind the scenes and on his social media.
"IF" it's true that he spent just a few minutes, then it's very sad, he might as well no go.