"Russell is losing his mind out there" per Polumbus

BASF

Reaction score
I'm having trouble squaring this with the guy who learned all of Wisconsin's playbook in a week or two and who so impressed Pete with his quick learning at rookie minicamp that Pete let him compete for the starting job. What happened to THAT guy?
Not to throw shade at Bret Bielema, but Wisconsin was not exacly a complicated offensive system. It honestly still isn't. Also, Wilson was still making his name off broken plays in Wisconsin, same as NC State. He carried that on to the Seahawks.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The more Russ tries to bolster his image directly, the more damage he does to it! That’s what makes me question whether he’s lost his mind.

He couldnt scramble around to escape a collapsing pocket even if he wanted to, and he doesn’t even want to.

toffee

Reaction score
The more Russ tries to bolster his image directly, the more damage he does to it! That’s what makes me question whether he’s lost his mind.

He couldnt scramble around to escape a collapsing pocket even if he wanted to, and he doesn’t even want to.
He is looking like a full back out there, quite sure he isn't the 4.53sec guy anymore, more like a 4.8 sec guy or about the same speed as linemen and linebackers.

BamKam

Reaction score
Ego, of course, but it's also a case of priorities. When he enter the league as a 3rd round pick, making the team was priority number 1. Once he got his first contract extension, the priority shifted to become the highest paid. By the time we reached the second extension, Wilson's priority shifted again. Wilson has been moving away from football slowly, as witnessed by the slow growth of his belly.
I have been enjoying the Wilson downfall as much as anyone, been gobbling it all up and washing it down with a moscow mule... but I think a lot of this stuff is overblown. While it is true that he isn't 100% football anymore, this is no different than a lot of other players who have played as long as he has like families and endorsements etc. His weight is normal too for someone in his mid 30s who had a muscular frame. Sure he has a little more of a dad bod now but I don't attribute that to him being lazy, it's just the natural order of things as you age.

This is purely ego in terms of Russ doesn't want to do whats best for the team but whats best for Russ and his pursuit of a MVP for his legacy. He wants to play hero ball, not team ball.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
I have been enjoying the Wilson downfall as much as anyone, been gobbling it all up and washing it down with a moscow mule... but I think a lot of this stuff is overblown. While it is true that he isn't 100% football anymore, this is no different than a lot of other players who have played as long as he has like families and endorsements etc. His weight is normal too for someone in his mid 30s who had a muscular frame. Sure he has a little more of a dad bod now but I don't attribute that to him being lazy, it's just the natural order of things as you age.

This is purely ego in terms of Russ doesn't want to do whats best for the team but whats best for Russ and his pursuit of a MVP for his legacy. He wants to play hero ball, not team ball.

Lol @ it being normal to have a dad bod in your early 30s. I was in the best shape of my life in my early 30s. And Shannon Sharpe would like a word.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He is looking like a full back out there, quite sure he isn't the 4.53sec guy anymore, more like a 4.8 sec guy or about the same speed as linemen and linebackers.

Right. Ive Read that the weight gain might make him more durable by acting like sack padding, but it also means he will take more sacks.

So does having a third string o line plus now down not just Hamler but Jeudy at receiver. Whatever cooking Russ might do diminishes.

If I’m Denver, I would minimize Russ’ involvement on Sunday. That game should be Mostly on the ground and short passing to Keep the chains moving. Above all get the ball out of your hands in 2 seconds instead of assuming you have 4.

toffee

Reaction score
Cowherd is turning 180, now doesn't even defend Russ anymore. He is buying into Russ using Hawks' audibles in Bronco huddle, and highlighted no teammates came out to defend Russ.

12s to Russ: Miss Pete yet?

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
His weight is normal too for someone in his mid 30s who had a muscular frame. Sure he has a little more of a dad bod now but I don't attribute that to him being lazy, it's just the natural order of things as you age.
Sorry, age is not an excuse, not for a PROFESSIONAL athlete who bragged about having full time chef, nutritionist, and trainer. Either he hired the worst help or he is not following their advises. Here's why:

OK, Wilson is 33, I am 66, I have less muffin top and beer gut than him, sure, less muscles also, a lot less. I do weekly resistance workout, eat right, hey, I can still fit into a 32" pants and pull my chain over that bar 10 times. Look, I am retiree trying to stay healthy just so not to be a burden to my wife as we age, but Wilson is a professional football player, his employer deserves and has every right to expect a fit Wilson after paying him a truck load of $$.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Sorry, age is not an excuse, not for a PROFESSIONAL athlete who bragged about having full time chef, nutritionist, and trainer. Either he hired the worst help or he is not following their advises. Here's why:

OK, Wilson is 33, I am 66, I have less muffin top and beer gut than him, sure, less muscles also, a lot less. I do weekly resistance workout, eat right, hey, I can still fit into a 32" pants and pull my chain over that bar 10 times. Look, I am retiree trying to stay healthy just so not to be a burden to my wife as we age, but Wilson is a professional football player, his employer deserves and has every right to expect a fit Wilson after paying him a truck load of $$.
Age is real though. Doesn’t matter what kind of shape you’re in if your left knee is bone on bone. Cartilage breaks down and arthritis becomes acute to the point where mobility is shot. He’s had that bad knee since 16’

toffee

Reaction score
Age is real though. Doesn’t matter what kind of shape you’re in if your left knee is bone on bone. Cartilage breaks down and arthritis becomes acute to the point where mobility is shot. He’s had that bad knee since 16’
To help and save that knee, even more reason not to carry extra weight, right?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I was just going to say 2016 was when he stopped being mobile, possibly by playing thru said injuries. No one has expected him to take off with the ball for years now, and now it’s affecting his ability to scramble while buying time.

For Denver to even go 6 and 8 with him would require a 2021 Seahawks environment to even exist, including Their o line and Receivers. The years it might take to build that up would also be years off his body taking sacks and, apparently, fattening up to pad himself from sacks.

Donn2390

Reaction score

...and what about all of those "Victory" prime ribs we've been hearing about..?

keasley45

Reaction score
Russ looks like he does now because he lost his edge. The pounds stacked at the end of the dumbbell bars have been replaced by candy bars and coin in the bank. He's reached the top... as far as he can go. He's beyond rich. He's got a beautiful family. He's got his business ventures... fame. Freedom.

But he no longer has the edge. Even if the edge was him studying to do what he did best and not traditional qb'ing. He doesn't have it.

He'd already maxed out what he could do given his style of play and age. Will be interesting to see where he goes next.

If he were to retire, how much $ would Denver recoup?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russ looks like he does now because he lost his edge. The pounds stacked at the end of the dumbbell bars have been replaced by candy bars and coin in the bank. He's reached the top... as far as he can go. He's beyond rich. He's got a beautiful family. He's got his business ventures... fame. Freedom.

But he no longer has the edge. Even if the edge was him studying to do what he did best and not traditional qb'ing. He doesn't have it.

He'd already maxed out what he could do given his style of play and age. Will be interesting to see where he goes next.

When Luck retired, it was reported that he would owe the Colts 30m. The Colts let him keep the money. What I’m unsure about is how his arrangement impacted Dead cap.

This Denver story came after I wrote what I did.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

His future brand depends On his being seen as a hof, or at least a faltering hero. Plus someone thats Likeable or at least seems genuine.

For instance, this.

This is how it looks like to “keep working” during the bye week, Russ.