Russ officially CLEARED to play on Sunday.,...

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like you're hoping he does xray. But, you've never really been a Russ fan at all so........do you.
:snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":1uc2pyct said:
Sgt. Largent":1uc2pyct said:
A_Biased_Fan":1uc2pyct said:
You guys that want to hold him out of GB and/or the Cards games are nuts. Geno is not beating those teams, even with their backup QB's. If we lose those games the season is over, and we have no first round pick.

So you're OK with possibly rushing Russell back too soon and risking further injury and/or setback?

If he says he's ready to go, then fine let him play Sunday. But if he's only 60-70%, then you'd be irresponsible starting him against GB, in a place he'd have a hard time winning even at 100%.

Makes no sense. We all get the urgency, but you also have to manage the injury and make sure that when Russ comes back, it's for good and he's at or almost 100%.

He probably won't be 100% for several weeks, if we wait that long the season is literally over.

For sure, and I never said Russ should be 100%.

No player is 100% at this time of the season. I just don't want him to rush back too soon and risk setbacks, let's be honest in a season where our chances of the playoffs aren't that good anyway.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2xo8xfxk said:
Sounds like you're hoping he does xray. But, you've never really been a Russ fan at all so........do you.

Well for him the odds re he gets what he wants. Think about it there are 3 possible outcomes

1. he plays and plays bad
2. he plays and gets hurt
3. he plays and plays well

2 of those give x-ray what he wants

While I want him to play, I am not sure it will matter as I think PC is going to play it very conservatively as he usually does when his defense plays well the game before. If that is the case we are screwed if Rodgers plays. If Rodgers does not play we are still in trouble but at least it will look better and the Defense will play well enough so PC will do it again.

Let remember GB is the 6th ranked scoring defense. The offenses with Rodgers and Wilson playing are virtually the same. but their defense is way better than ours.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let's lace em up and see what happens. If he plays, great, if not, fine.

But again, any team can be knocked off in this league. ANY team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":wakz7x7o said:
While I want him to play, I am not sure it will matter as I think PC is going to play it very conservatively as he usually does when his defense plays well the game before. If that is the case we are screwed if Rodgers plays. If Rodgers does not play we are still in trouble but at least it will look better and the Defense will play well enough so PC will do it again.

Honestly I don't think Pete would tell Russell he can't play, not at this point in Pete's career where he's desperate and probably fighting for his job.

If Russell wants to play, he's gonna play. He's got the power here.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":f6954n0m said:
Geez man, I can't win. Just passing on the news.

Go Hawks
You part of woke mob? :lol: :irishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mizak":3ac03aj4 said:
Man, Seahawks haven’t won at Lambeau Field since 1999. Thats a long time. I rather he come back against WFT. Have Geno have a crack at it against Jordan Love.

I was at that game in 1999. Sounds like I need to get my butt to Lambeau this Sunday!

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":17h1fad3 said:

^^
There wasn't room in his jock for both of us ...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nccvb27 said:
Fair enough. Think about who we are talking about here. Russ will be on the field Sunday.

I'm with Soul here in thinking that Russ will play. He's stubborn and will demand to play, but I would certainly feel better if they held him out for the next two games. I just feel he's rushing his return.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ma6s4wu said:
SoulfishHawk":2ma6s4wu said:
Fair enough. Think about who we are talking about here. Russ will be on the field Sunday.

I'm with Soul here in thinking that Russ will play. He's stubborn and will demand to play, but I would certainly feel better if they held him out for the next two games. I just feel he's rushing his return.

I actually had a dream that he played in GB and they ripped his finger completely off and Carroll was like Geno go out to the 50 yardline and get his finger put it on Ice!!!

Oh man...the dreams I have.. crap...

LTH

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If Wilson thinks he can play and the team is happy with his medical condition then recovering from the injury is something we’d long term respect and support.

RW is a warrior, he’s proven that to us and will again.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
LTH":1sqtai25 said:
pittpnthrs":1sqtai25 said:
SoulfishHawk":1sqtai25 said:

I actually had a dream that he played in GB and they ripped his finger completely off and Carroll was like Geno go out to the 50 yardline and get his finger put it on Ice!!!

Oh man...the dreams I have.. crap...

LTH

Seeing as how saving Russ' finger would be a clutch situation, Geno would probably fumble it and lose it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1hgbesfs said:
RW is a warrior, he’s proven that to us and will again.

Believe me, I'm no Russell Wilson jock sniffer, but when it comes to his desire to play, no one has a higher motivation or bigger heart. He reminds me a lot of Pete Rose, who once said that he'd crawl through hell in a gasoline suit in order to play baseball. Russell has that same mindset.

Back in 2016, when a number of defensive players were extremely critical of Russell for his snuggling up to management and subjected to the "not black enough" accusation, when Cam Newton didn't jump on a loose ball in a one score game in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl because he was afraid he'd get hurt, a number of those same defensive players said that their quarterback would crawl through the hubs of hell to get that ball back.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, why is it that if someone is a fan of Russ, he's a jock sniffer? Believe it or not, I have also been critical of him in the past. And it has been justified.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Anybody who thinks RW isn't going to play or should be held out is delusional.

We're 3-5. He will play.

misfit

Reaction score
Are people having trouble with the concept of medically cleared?

xray

Reaction score
misfit":k2pnvc32 said:
Are people having trouble with the concept of medically cleared?

^
Wilson has convinced the doctors that he is better than ever...110% at least. Everybody should be suspect of this miracle recovery . IMO

Latest posts