Russ officially CLEARED to play on Sunday.,...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Dr. Steve Shin, who performed the finger surgery Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson in October, officially cleared him today to play Sunday at Green Bay, per source. Wilson is back.
9:47 AM · Nov 8, 2021

Again, very few guys are as tough imo. Will be a hell of a tough game w/out a doubt. But this is huge news obviously.

Mizak

Reaction score
Man, Seahawks haven’t won at Lambeau Field since 1999. Thats a long time. I rather he come back against WFT. Have Geno have a crack at it against Jordan Love.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cleared to play doesn't equal will play.

So while this is great news, I still think it's a 50/50 as to whether Russ plays Sunday.

Remember his recovery timeline was 4-8 weeks, and this would be on the very front end of that, and this is at a cold 40 degree Lambeau Field, a place Russell's never won.

So again, even with "cleared to play" I'd put it at 50/50.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, no way in hell he misses Sunday. Just my opinion.

And the next game is against the Cards, not WFT.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Good news. Like Sgt. largent said cleared is not will. So I'm also hesitant to get too excited that he'll be on the field next sunday.

Mizak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1op0z7xl said:
Nah, no way in hell he misses Sunday. Just my opinion.

And the next game is against the Cards, not WFT.

So you want Wilson to injure his finger against the Packer defense who knows he got cleared to play? They are gunning for him and gonna try to mess up that finger. If I were Pete, I’m not taking that chance. Yeah, sit him out until the game against WFT.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is no upside here if Aaron is playing.

Not even sure if he isn't.

Hold Wilson out and let him get stronger and back into things. Throwing him into the fire seems ridiculously counterproductive.

Also, Wilson is an extreme believer in his abilities. His actual health may correlate loosely to the information he is providing the team.

Not worth it.

I would rather take 1 L and get a solid Wilson back instead of rushing him back and losing him for more games later.

Winning a regular-season game over there is not worth the risk.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":168degex said:
Fair enough. Think about who we are talking about here. Russ will be on the field Sunday.

For sure, but IMO even 50/50 is pretty damn impressive for the injury and recovery timeline.

Personally I'd rather have a 90% healthy Russ against the Cards than 60-70% healthy Russ against the Packers, a game we'll have a hard time winning even with Russell.

hawker84

Reaction score
If he can grip the ball and make all the throws without re-injuring then cool. If not, sit him until he's really ready... no need for high stakes risks at this point.

Mizak

Reaction score
That Packers defense held Mahomes and the Chiefs to 13 points even though they lost. Pretty sure they would use the same defensive schemes against Wilson and the Hawks if he were to play.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How did you come to the conclusion that I want him to injure his finger again? :?
I'm just saying I think he's gonna' play. If they were to hold him out, cool.

Mizak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mumaqd4 said:
How did you come to the conclusion that I want him to injure his finger again? :?

Because you wanna rush him out to play again??

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zfx5yy1 said:
SoulfishHawk":1zfx5yy1 said:
Fair enough. Think about who we are talking about here. Russ will be on the field Sunday.

For sure, but IMO even 50/50 is pretty damn impressive for the injury and recovery timeline.

Personally I'd rather have a 90% healthy Russ against the Cards than 60-70% healthy Russ against the Packers, a game we'll have a hard time winning even with Russell.

My hope is in the Hawks D...I'm really hoping they dominate...I want to see a intense pass rush...

LTH

Mizak

Reaction score
LTH":28r7gwyr said:
Sgt. Largent":28r7gwyr said:
SoulfishHawk":28r7gwyr said:

My hope is in the Hawks D...I'm really hoping they dominate...I want to see a intense pass rush...

LTH

Chiefs defense blitzed Love 17 times yesterday. Perhaps, Seattle should do the same but I doubt it because of who the Head Coach is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Soulfish,

Do you believe that Russ would wait until he was 100% to come back? Given everything you know about him?

And wouldn't it be better to have him back 100% before we tried pitting him against 2 of the better teams in the league?*

* I would hold him out against GB and against the Cards.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You mean actually adjusting in game? Talk about something that has been missing for a long while. :pukeface:

That's exactly what I said Twisted. Think about who we are talking about here. He could be 50 percent and he would tell Pete he is ready. I want the team to win, so yes I want him out there. But, IF they hold him out longer, so be it. And it would make total sense. I just have the opinion that he is going to play. Somehow that became me wanting him hurt.
Because yeah, I want my favorite player in the league to get hurt :?
Whatever they do, let's rock.