Russ officially CLEARED to play on Sunday.,...

uncle fester

Reaction score
Just bananas that’s he’s even been cleared. Yes, best medical/physio care possible and all that, but a broken finger and a torn tendon is still a broken finger and a torn tendon. Amazing that he’s been cleared after three weeks of a 4-8 week projection. All credit to the staff involved - and Russ.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
After what we saw in the NFL yesterday, it's laughable that somehow the Hawks have "no chance" of winning on Sunday.

But.........think about where we are :mrgreen:

Oh well, I passed on the news. Back to work........

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30cr8hxo said:
Soulfish,

Do you believe that Russ would wait until he was 100% to come back? Given everything you know about him?

And wouldn't it be better to have him back 100% before we tried pitting him against 2 of the better teams in the league?*

* I would hold him out against GB and against the Cards.

Dude I agree with you he should sit one more week out...but... He is going to play trying to Keep wilson out of this game is not going to happen.. he wants to be out there... He is playing...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wrjbvu5 said:
So now you want him to get hurt LTH? :mrgreen:

yeah i want him to get hurt... :sarcasm_on:

i just think trying to keep Wilson out of this game is like trying convincing Twisted Husky the Hawks are a good football team... its not going to happen...

LTH

xray

Reaction score
If Wilson does play ; and if I was a GB defender ; I would be looking for a chance to mangle that hand if given the chance. Wilson better think about what's left of his season or his career for that matter , before he takes the field Sunday . IMO

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2val6q2k said:
Whatever they decide to do, I'm good with it. It's not like we have any control over it.

Even if they keep him out they still have a chance to win it... if Geno can not turn the ball over , taking advantage of scoring opportunities, and the D plays well it would be a low scoring game and the Hawks could pull it out...

LTH

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Honestly I'd ride with Geno he's more than capable of packing Green Bay's fudge. Russ needs one more additional week to allow the swelling to go down and get good movement in it. Too early

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":110xhiut said:
Soulfish,

Do you believe that Russ would wait until he was 100% to come back? Given everything you know about him?

And wouldn't it be better to have him back 100% before we tried pitting him against 2 of the better teams in the league?*

* I would hold him out against GB and against the Cards.

I would hold him out against the Packers, but he has to play against the Cards if we want any chance at salvaging this season.

Unfortunately with how poorly this team's played, there won't be any room for caution if we go into playing Arizona at 3-6. Russell has to play.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
You guys that want to hold him out of GB and/or the Cards games are nuts. Geno is not beating those teams, even with their backup QB's. If we lose those games the season is over, and we have no first round pick.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
If I was Russ I’d break my other finger. Playing him this soon and especially against the Mud Packers is a very bad idea.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And not to try to argue more, but opponents being aware of an injury is nothing new in the NFL. ALL defenses know very well what injuries every player is coming back from. Especially the QB. I totally get why people want them to wait.
It's just my OPINION (not a fact) that he is going to play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":20po6eap said:
You guys that want to hold him out of GB and/or the Cards games are nuts. Geno is not beating those teams, even with their backup QB's. If we lose those games the season is over, and we have no first round pick.

So you're OK with possibly rushing Russell back too soon and risking further injury and/or setback?

If he says he's ready to go, then fine let him play Sunday. But if he's only 60-70%, then you'd be irresponsible starting him against GB, in a place he'd have a hard time winning even at 100%.

Makes no sense. We all get the urgency, but you also have to manage the injury and make sure that when Russ comes back, it's for good and he's at or almost 100%.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25cj8l7h said:
A_Biased_Fan":25cj8l7h said:

So you're OK with possibly rushing Russell back too soon and risking further injury and/or setback?

If he says he's ready to go, then fine let him play Sunday. But if he's only 60-70%, then you'd be irresponsible starting him against GB, in a place he'd have a hard time winning even at 100%.

Makes no sense. We all get the urgency, but you also have to manage the injury and make sure that when Russ comes back, it's for good and he's at or almost 100%.

I agree with you I think he should sit this one out against GB... The problem is Russ...Russ ain't going to sit out...there is just no way to keep the man down...If he got cleared by a doc and passes all the tests he is playing...

LTH

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oc7rngx said:
A_Biased_Fan":1oc7rngx said:

He probably won't be 100% for several weeks, if we wait that long the season is literally over.

LTH

Reaction score
its an interesting decision... lots of factors in this game... whats the weather going to be like? what game plan will Pete implement? it could be a really conservative game plan...If Pete thinks the D can handle the packers O he might lean on the D foir this one and have a low scoring game...

Edit< maybe they get the run game going?

LTH

xray

Reaction score
If Wilson tosses a bunch of lame duck passes along with 2 or 3 interceptions , I guess we will all know if he was ready to play or not . :snack: