Russ officially CLEARED to play on Sunday.,...

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":38gpnnf9 said:
Anybody who thinks RW isn't going to play or should be held out is delusional.

We're 3-5. He will play.
I don't think it's delusion I just think it's someone's opinion. None of us are finger doctors we can only go on the swollen pic we saw guy. Take a seat :rumble:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3l3iyod5 said:

We're 3-5. He will play.

I guarantee you Russell is not taking into account the Seahawk's record as to whether he feels healthy enough to play or no Sunday.

If he feels great and he's confident he can make all the throws he needs to? He'll play. If he doesn't? He won't.

As I said earlier in this thread, "medically cleared" does not = "able to play."

Remember the 2010 season when we went 7-9, and won the west with Whitehurst playing the final game of the year? Hasselbeck was "medically cleared," but he didn't play. So one does not guarantee the other.

With all the corny media Russell's pumping out this week? It sure seems like he's playing, but our record has nothing to do with it.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2icwgjys said:
Hockey Guy":2icwgjys said:

We're 3-5. He will play.

I guarantee you Russell is not taking into account the Seahawk's record as to whether he feels healthy enough to play or no Sunday.

If he feels great and he's confident he can make all the throws he needs to? He'll play. If he doesn't? He won't.

As I said earlier in this thread, "medically cleared" does not = "able to play."

Remember the 2010 season when we went 7-9, and won the west with Whitehurst playing the final game of the year? Hasselbeck was "medically cleared," but he didn't play. So one does not guarantee the other.

With all the corny media Russell's pumping out this week? It sure seems like he's playing, but our record has nothing to do with it.

my wife is a nurse for over 25 years she works ICU... she says she has seen this before... she says he is coming back to early and she is RARELY wrong... i would say Russ is pushing to hard... but he is going to do what he is going to do that's just Russ.. he might get away with it but playing in GB in adverse weather conditions is NOT the smartest thing he could do...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2s1dxems said:
my wife is a nurse for over 25 years she works ICU... she says she has seen this before... she says he is coming back to early and she is RARELY wrong... i would say Russ is pushing to hard... but he is going to do what he is going to do that's just Russ.. he might get away with it but playing in GB in adverse weather conditions is NOT the smartest thing he could do...

LTH

Interesting.

I wonder if Russell's condition is going to affect play calling. Is it riskier for him to take snaps under center or from the gun? Will we be more cautious of calling long developing plays that require better protection? Fewer RPO's? And if you're the Packers DC, how does it affect your defense? Tighter coverage at the LOS in anticipation of more quick passes?

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":21qnmqg4 said:
LTH":21qnmqg4 said:

LTH

Interesting.

I wonder if Russell's condition is going to affect play calling. Is it riskier for him to take snaps under center or from the gun? Will we be more cautious of calling long developing plays that require better protection? Fewer RPO's? And if you're the Packers DC, how does it affect your defense? Tighter coverage at the LOS in anticipation of more quick passes?

If there is adverse weather conditions one might think it would be a conservative game plan...looks like Carson is going to play.. O line is healthy.. it will be interesting to see how Carroll approaches it..

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Carroll : Ok Russell your Starting

Russell : Told you I cold do it, my Miracle water in my Bong err um vitamin drink combo really worked.

Carrol : Go Get em

After Warm ups the weather forecast changes to severe cold and Snow Storm.

Rodgers decides he may need a week of practice after all ( Really thinks those people don't deserve to watch Greatness after how they treated me last week)

Carroll hears the news and after the Kickoff and Wilson takes the field and before the snap calls a Time out.

Carroll to Wilson : Well I kept my word, but you know how we like to be extra careful with coming back from injuries, we are going to give you another week off just as a pre caution.

Geno : So 28 degrees Snowing, no first team reps this week and your throwing me to the wolves in Green Bay ?

Rat

Reaction score
Does anyone remember any other QBs having this kind of surgery? Just wondering if we should expect some break-in time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12uuclc3 said:
You're right about that Chris. Pete's time management is painfully bad.

Holmgren wasn't a lot better. Must be something in the Gator Aid we're giving those guys.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
RiverDog":6428g7tz said:
LTH":6428g7tz said:

LTH

Interesting.

Taking snaps under center are always more risky for finger problems. The snap is violent and if it happens to come before you're anticipating it, fingers can get mangled. Ask me how I know :2thumbs:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q9rwglr said:
Hockey Guy":3q9rwglr said:

We're 3-5. He will play.

WTF is this sh**?

All I'm saying is he is an ulra-competetive guys who, in his mind, still holds out hope they can make the playoffs & win a Superb Owl this year which would be much more realistic from a 4-5 record than a 3-6 record. We will probably all agree this is delusional but we all know this is the way he thinks.

If you don't think there's any correlation between their record & their prospects to make the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":8i48e65m said:
Sgt. Largent":8i48e65m said:
Hockey Guy":8i48e65m said:

We're 3-5. He will play.

WTF is this sh**?

All I'm saying is he is an ulra-competetive guys who, in his mind, still holds out hope they can make the playoffs & win a Superb Owl this year which would be much more realistic from a 4-5 record than a 3-6 record. We will probably all agree this is delusional but we all know this is the way he thinks.

If you don't think there's any correlation between their record & their prospects to make the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you.

So what, Hasselbeck is not as competitive as Russell? Why didn't he play in 2010, he was medically cleared to play, and that was the last game of the year to win the division.

My point is you're applying a factor that's not a factor in this discussion.

Our record midway through the season with 8 games left has ZERO to do with whether Russell's playing or not Sunday. It's 100% his health and comfort level with the finger.

That's it.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":szzpeezf said:
Cleared to play doesn't equal will play.

So while this is great news, I still think it's a 50/50 as to whether Russ plays Sunday.

Remember his recovery timeline was 4-8 weeks, and this would be on the very front end of that, and this is at a cold 40 degree Lambeau Field, a place Russell's never won.

So again, even with "cleared to play" I'd put it at 50/50.
I agree.
I think the 35-40 degree weather will come into play with the finger. Damn, I have some old wounds that ache in 50 degree weather.
Wilson wants to play, no question. His longball is a thing of beauty but it may not be the time to have him throw it.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1459308033704542209[/tweet]

RiverDog

Reaction score
had2bhawk":xn7c8038 said:
Sgt. Largent":xn7c8038 said:
Cleared to play doesn't equal will play.

So while this is great news, I still think it's a 50/50 as to whether Russ plays Sunday.

Remember his recovery timeline was 4-8 weeks, and this would be on the very front end of that, and this is at a cold 40 degree Lambeau Field, a place Russell's never won.

So again, even with "cleared to play" I'd put it at 50/50.
I agree.
I think the 35-40 degree weather will come into play with the finger. Damn, I have some old wounds that ache in 50 degree weather.
Wilson wants to play, no question. His longball is a thing of beauty but it may not be the time to have him throw it.

Russell's not only going to play, he's going to start and take every snap. You heard it here first.