Harvin officially back to practice, remains on PUP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarey

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2 ... ins-on-pup

The Seahawks officially listed Percy Harvin as returned to practice per the NFL's transaction wire. This means the team now has three weeks to activate him to the 53-man roster. In other words, the latest it seems we'll see Harvin return is at home against Minnesota. Apropos.

As for what it means for this week, Harvin can still be activated as late as Sunday and play Monday night, but for now, the Seahawks seem to be taking the wait-and-see track. I'm sticking with my guess that they won't rush him back into action and instead opt to give him a few weeks time to practice with the offense, get timing down with Russell Wilson, etc.

You may remember that Harvin tweeted several weeks back that he had his eye on Week 7 - well, that game obviously came and went, but I'm guessing he's itching to get back out on the field. Does that mean he's got a good chance of playing against the Bucs? Perhaps. It will be interesting to see. More interesting to me will be how the Seahawks plan to use Harvin in their offense. Will he be just another slot receiver and will the Hawks use their standard schemes? Will they change things up dramatically for Harvin-specialized plays? Personally, I hope it's the latter, but I'm not sure that will be the case.

I figured I'd make a new thread since this is actually news, and not just talking about his possible return. I don't think he'll be back for Monday night, but he really seems ready to be on that field, and maybe they'll activate him to get in a few snaps to get acclimated during what should be an easier game with Bradford out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts