Rumor.. Hawks interested in trading for Brandon Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf3339

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1og6387o said:
marko358":1og6387o said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/status/566398625060638720[/tweet]

Baldwin and Kearse move down to be the #2 and #3 WRs where they should be. Then you cut Miller and let Willson and Helfet continue to progress. The offense would be light years better than last year assuming Lynch returns.

Just let Kearse walk if you have Marshall.

If this was to happen and we also some how got Suh it would be pretty much a dream come true. I also think you could figure out a way to keep Miller since he is now more of a blocking TE than a move TE and may very well want to go after one more SB ring himself. After all, he didn't may feel he owes the team a year given his injury was very early on in the season. Who knows, but fun to think about!

vonstout

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":t4pdiwm3 said:
Seahawkwalt1967":t4pdiwm3 said:
3 yr 30million extension 5/14
He'd hv to restructure
Hope he's a team player... Always felt he had a bad attitude

Yeah he was a headcase early on, but dude has really turned his life around. Would love to see him here.

You obviously haven't heard about the problems he's created this year for Chicago. He's a head case who is a "me" guy. He's a lockeroom cancer like Harvin, but not quite as bad. Don't you think it's an issue when all three teams he's played for want to get rid of him after a couple of years? No thanks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Hawks are going to go after a big veteran receiver this offseason. Their redzone passing woes really held back the offense this year and I think they are going to make it a priority to fix it. Marshall fits the bill, so we'll see if anything happens.

TAB420

Reaction score
I think we may go the Marshall, Melton rout and end all the Suh talk.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TAB420":1vu6omws said:

If the money for Marshall/Melton was equal to the money for Suh, it would be a better route.

TAB420

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ygnea0c said:
TAB420":2ygnea0c said:

If the money for Marshall/Melton was equal to the money for Suh, it would be a better route.
I think they can get both for about half of what suh is asking, even with a hometown discount.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
vonstout":3qfzjg9y said:
dontbelikethat":3qfzjg9y said:
Seahawkwalt1967":3qfzjg9y said:
3 yr 30million extension 5/14
He'd hv to restructure
Hope he's a team player... Always felt he had a bad attitude

Yeah he was a headcase early on, but dude has really turned his life around. Would love to see him here.

You obviously haven't heard about the problems he's created this year for Chicago. He's a head case who is a "me" guy. He's a lockeroom cancer like Harvin, but not quite as bad. Don't you think it's an issue when all three teams he's played for want to get rid of him after a couple of years? No thanks.

He had reported issues with Jay Cutler and losing (and it was one report about hearing screaming and arguging?), aside from that I don't know what else there was. I don't know the extent or context of those issues either and how they affected the locker room since I'm not in there or if that makes him a cancer because I wasn't there. I guess he also had that twitter thing where the dude was talking about his mom. Off the field though, I think he's toned it down a bit. He does seem genuine with all the stuff he does about advocating for mental illness awareness since he's been doing a lot of advocating and raising a lot of awareness. Dude has also been plenty open about his history and has definitely been a leader for the Bears since his arrival there.

He was definitely an on-field and off-field issue with his past teams, but the Bears according to reports have asked to him to take a pay cut, it's not like they're out right releasing him right now because he's that much of an issue (i.e.Harvin)

BR's Jason Cole reports #Bucs and #Bears will ask Vincent Jackson and Brandon Marshall to take pay cuts. Could both be cut if they decline.

This is supposed to be him being a cancer lol...?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... -turnovers

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... i-dolphins

2_0_6

Reaction score
Even though it's obvious that there is a GLARING hole at WR, I hope we don't go this route. If we eat the money on his deal via trade, the salary imitations moving forward will trickle down through out the roster.

If anything, hopefully he gets released and we can maybe work a team friendly deal. Aside from that, I would pass.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man, if Marshall and Vincent Jackson hit the market, I expect the Hawks will take whoever they can get of the two.

lukerguy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":26ltb138 said:
TAB420":26ltb138 said:

I don't. Suh is younger than both by a few years, has had zero durability issues, and is a top 3 defensive player in the league.

lukerguy

Reaction score
lukerguy":2596f1mo said:
HawkFan72":2596f1mo said:
TAB420":2596f1mo said:

I don't. Suh is younger than Marshall by a few years, has had zero durability issues unlike Melton, and is a top 3 defensive player in the league.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
My boys have attended Brandon Marshall's football camp each year here in Orlando. I have told him he should play for the Seahawks - never thinking it would actually happen. From a money standpoint, I hope it only comes about if Chicago cuts him. But, if he becomes a free agent, it was sounding like he had possible interest to go to Baltimore (because he's looking to be in a place that allows him to continue doing his TV gig?) We'll see how this shakes out. But, I'll laugh if he ends up with the Hawks and definitely look forward to seeing him later this year at his camp.

Not sure how I feel about this. Hasn't he struggled with injuries? I don't want to overpay for him. I would love for the Hawks to be a bigger threat in the passing game, though.

One of my son's friends (and former teammates - different high schools now) regularly text's/communicates with Brandon Marshall (and has gone on vacation with him.) Maybe I'll give that kid a shout if this looks to get any more steam. He probably doesn't talk about that with the kid, though.

Man, listening to John Clayton (in that link provided in this thread)... seems like they're just spewing whatever comes to mind about Marshawn. I think he either retires (because of his back) or tries to play one more year and get back to the Super Bowl with the Hawks.

King Dog

Reaction score
After the compensation this FO gave up to get Harvin, I'm afraid we're going to get fleeced again.....

Hyak

Reaction score
I don't see them trading for Marshall myself unless it's maybe a 6th or 7th rounder. More likely that they see if Jackson or Marshall are cap cuts and go from there.

Of the two, I'd rather have Jackson but either one would be an upgrade as a #1 for 2015.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
King Dog":2mfapsak said:
After the compensation this FO gave up to get Harvin, I'm afraid we're going to get fleeced again.....
:roll:

Bring him on!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Meh, Marshall wants out, Chicago have got Jeffery and Bennett, would also save $4m getting rid.

I'm not sure his trade value will be that high as most expect him to be cut. Teams with plenty of picks and little cap space to compete in the open market seem the most likely to be interested in giving up draft picks. We seem a realistic trade partner, but only if Marshall's willing to give up the extra media stuff I'd think.

As for a price, 4th round max imo. He might be the cheapest out of him, Jackson and Fitz should they become available and though I'd probably want him the least there's no doubt he'd still improve our team a lot. I still reckon Suh will be the first priority.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I'm sure PC/JS have learned from the Percy Harvin trade.
They won't make the same mistake again. There are better options (age, salary, .. etc) than Marshall, if we need a possession receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.