Roster cut announcements have begun

ducks41468

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":22pw9kku said:
The reason we kept Darboh is simple, we're 2 for 2 with Jim Harbaugh receivers in the Carroll era.

Carroll and Harbaugh were rivals for years and years, but its not rooted in hatred. I think Carroll really respects Harbaugh, and whatever info they picked up about Darboh surely had to come from Harbaugh.

Also, for years people were complaining about how we don't have any big receivers and then want to cut a guy whose 6'2", so you really can't win with Seahawks fans.

We've tried to draft bigger receivers in the past and seem to strike out every time. Kris Durham, Chris Harper, Kevin Norwood. All didn't work out.

We need a tough receiver willing to take a hit, Darboh is going to be a tough player for us. We have a lot of softer guys in Richardson, Lockett and Graham.

Now we have Darboh and McEvoy. Very excited about McEvoy, could be special player for us.

Isn't our history with taller receivers (plus Darboh's ineffectiveness so far) evidence against keeping Darboh? Likewise, we wouldn't keep a fringy, mediocre o-lineman because we've done so poorly at drafting them in the past.

Seymour

Reaction score
Josea16":1aigrgjy said:
mrt144":1aigrgjy said:
Josea16":1aigrgjy said:
mrt144":1aigrgjy said:
So what? Nobody but the Seahawks even care about him. Every team in the has their version of Kasen Williams they are trying to sneak on to their practice squad.

Have a toke or a shot or something to soothe those nerves.
What are you talking about? I have zero attachment to the guy. Why should I given he'll be on the Seahawks practice squad soon enough anyway.

Guess again. First team that had a shot at him took him. Enough of the PS player again already, he's gone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":2mw7qy8j said:
The Breh":2mw7qy8j said:
Natethegreat":2mw7qy8j said:
I am surprised Kasen was cut but I think the Darboh trashing is pretty silly. Reports were that he wasn't doing much in camp either but you have to give receivers time to develop. The talent and measurables are there he just needs time.
As for Kasen he already has shown an ability to make big time plays I'm still bummed he was cut. Yeah Wilson doesn't throw a lot of 50/50 balls but Chris Matthews showed he can do it well when nothing else seems to be working.

So a dude like Kasen who's out there making plays gets cut for a guy that "needs time" to develop ?
What kinda stupid bullshit against the "always compete" shit is this ?
While making a case for an unproven Darboh you're putting down Kasen.
Acting like you've seen Darboh make the same catches Kasen did which we all thought earned him a roster spot.
Y'all are trying your best to rationalize this. :pukeface:
It is very easy to justify this decision. Our HC knows more than any of us on who is the who in the NFL.
The HC cuts a guy you covet and you call BS on that.
Childlike response.

Its not out of somebodys mind to question Pete though. He's been known to let his ego do the thinking on more than one occasion and i'm not sure thats not what happened with the Williams cut. We as fans can only call it as we see it and we saw Williams play well with Darboh doing absolutely nothing. Seems Williams finally figured it out and he was shown the door. Thats somewhat frustrating in a win now league.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
How is this for a Fan disclaimer?

All opinions are my own except those that have been programmed into my brain as a result of NFL entertainment indoctrination. I take no responsibility for those.

mrt144

Reaction score
Josea16":3bth53es said:
mrt144":3bth53es said:
Josea16":3bth53es said:
mrt144":3bth53es said:
So what? Nobody but the Seahawks even care about him. Every team in the has their version of Kasen Williams they are trying to sneak on to their practice squad.

Have a toke or a shot or something to soothe those nerves.
What are you talking about? I have zero attachment to the guy. Why should I given he'll be on the Seahawks practice squad soon enough anyway.

Okay, I'm buying your shot or nugget. Clearly you need it.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2tf08oty said:
LudwigsDrummer":2tf08oty said:
The Breh":2tf08oty said:
Natethegreat":2tf08oty said:
I am surprised Kasen was cut but I think the Darboh trashing is pretty silly. Reports were that he wasn't doing much in camp either but you have to give receivers time to develop. The talent and measurables are there he just needs time.
As for Kasen he already has shown an ability to make big time plays I'm still bummed he was cut. Yeah Wilson doesn't throw a lot of 50/50 balls but Chris Matthews showed he can do it well when nothing else seems to be working.

So a dude like Kasen who's out there making plays gets cut for a guy that "needs time" to develop ?
Acting like you've seen Darboh make the same catches Kasen did which we all thought earned him a roster spot.
It is very easy to justify this decision. Our HC knows more than any of us on who is the who in the NFL.
Childlike response.

Its not out of somebodys mind to question Pete though. He's been known to let his ego do the thinking on more than one occasion and i'm not sure thats not what happened with the Williams cut. We as fans can only call it as we see it and we saw Williams play well with Darboh doing absolutely nothing. Seems Williams finally figured it out and he was shown the door. Thats somewhat frustrating in a win now league.

He didn't figure it out though, that's just it.

In order to be a low-end receiver for Seattle, you have to be willing and able to block the guy in front of you when you're not the play. He didn't figure it out.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3fes3mx1 said:
The Breh":3fes3mx1 said:
Natethegreat":3fes3mx1 said:

Childlike response.

Trusting every decision leaders or coaches make = Sheeplike response.

Critical, objective thinking and analysis is always warranted.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":26gdr3ya said:
LudwigsDrummer":26gdr3ya said:
The Breh":26gdr3ya said:
Natethegreat":26gdr3ya said:

Childlike response.

Agreed.

Though there isn't much that's objective about griping over depth when Kasen is cut, but not Kearse.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":15bhgkay said:

Analysis is shaped by access to information and the completeness of that information. The information we have to work with is incomplete.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":10er35yz said:
pittpnthrs":10er35yz said:
LudwigsDrummer":10er35yz said:
The Breh":10er35yz said:
Childlike response.

He didn't figure it out though, that's just it.

In order to be a low-end receiver for Seattle, you have to be willing and able to block the guy in front of you when you're not the play. He didn't figure it out.

Did Pete or another coach announce that blocking was the reason he was let go or are you just stating what you perceive to be the reasoning?

Latest posts