Roster cut announcements have begun

mrt144

Reaction score
Josea16":3vkplstg said:
mrt144":3vkplstg said:
Josea16":3vkplstg said:
TwistedHusky":3vkplstg said:
We wasted a 3rd round pick on a WR that isn't an OL.

We compound this by keeping worthless WR and cutting either a decent backup CB or a productive WR.

The fact the guy even got a draft pick wasted on him when we needed OL help annoys me. The fact that we let guys like Palacio, Desir and Williams go and kept this worthless WR annoys me more.

The fact that Williams was a WR for Huskies doesn't matter, it was what he did with the football as a Seahawk that mattered. What did the worthless WR that should have been an OL do with the football?
Dude, Kasen was waived injured. He'll reach the practice squad easily when he gets healthy.

https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/9 ... 4973390848
So what? Nobody but the Seahawks even care about him. Every team in the has their version of Kasen Williams they are trying to sneak on to their practice squad.

Have a toke or a shot or something to soothe those nerves.

AusSeahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":16rkkg3n said:
AusSeahawk":16rkkg3n said:
Darboh was never getting cut, Kasen was competing against McEvoy for the final spot.

Im glad they gave it to McEvoy hes got some serious talent.

I actually agree with this (except for cutting Williams part). Almost always compete in this case.

Williams wont get picked up by anyone else and hell be PS guy again.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I think everyone is happy that the Cut this year was held on one-day rather than spread out, but man its like the old taking off a bandage advice, - - - best to pull it off it one painful quick tug. Seeing Williams name made it very painful.

But like the bandage advice, What's done is done. We are left with a bounty of talent, and before the trade deadline is here we can count on a name or two being added to the roster that will generate lots of excitement here.

Josea16

Reaction score
mrt144":5efr5iu7 said:
Josea16":5efr5iu7 said:
mrt144":5efr5iu7 said:
Josea16":5efr5iu7 said:
Dude, Kasen was waived injured. He'll reach the practice squad easily when he gets healthy.

https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/9 ... 4973390848
So what? Nobody but the Seahawks even care about him. Every team in the has their version of Kasen Williams they are trying to sneak on to their practice squad.

Have a toke or a shot or something to soothe those nerves.
What are you talking about? I have zero attachment to the guy. Why should I given he'll be on the Seahawks practice squad soon enough anyway.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And it won't change the fact that wasting a 3rd round pick on a WR, when we needed OL help and were in the middle of one of the deepest drafts for guys that play in the secondary, was stupid.

Especially when the guy you got isn't going to do much for you anyway, and showed that all preseason.

Whether Williams makes the PS is hardly the issue. The issue is putting a useless player in the 53 instead.

jpetty38

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":6lbksse5 said:
And it won't change the fact that wasting a 3rd round pick on a WR, when we needed OL help and were in the middle of one of the deepest drafts for guys that play in the secondary, was stupid.

Especially when the guy you got isn't going to do much for you anyway, and showed that all preseason.

Whether Williams makes the PS is hardly the issue. The issue is putting a useless player in the 53 instead.

:roll:

Jeremy517

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jlkjmvh5 said:

Wide receiver is one of the toughest positions to come in and play for a rookie. There have only been 15 1,000-yard receiving seasons by rookies EVER. Throwing away a third-round rookie wide receiver would be incredibly stupid.

Darboh would never have made it to the Seahawk practice squad, because there is absolutely no chance he would clear waivers.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People said that about Collins last year.

WRs and RBs are a dime a dozen. They are undervalued by most NFL teams and unless you are the Jets, getting WRs, especially barely productive ones, isn't that hard.

You are correct that most WRs do not produce well against 1s in the regular season but even those guys do well well against the 2s. Not producing well in the preseason is a very bad sign for a supposedly effective WR - especially for one you wasted a draft pick on.

Darboh would have made a practice squad because nobody cares about non-productive WRs when looking to fill active roster spots. They pick guys that either have experience or showed tremendous upside. Occasionally speed guys that need time to get football bodies - not often unproductive preseason guys that showed nothing against decent competition.

They said the said crap about Collins last year and it was crap then and is crap now. Usually the only team that cares about overdrafted players is the one that drafted him.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":36rbd1g2 said:
They said the said crap about Collins last year and it was crap then and is crap now. Usually the only team that cares about overdrafted players is the one that drafted him.

Collins was a fifth-round running back, Darboh is a third-round wide receiver. Comparing them is nonsensical.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ctacwd6 said:

WRs and RBs are a dime a dozen. They are undervalued by most NFL teams and unless you are the Jets, getting WRs, especially barely productive ones, isn't that hard.

You are correct that most WRs do not produce well against 1s in the regular season but even those guys do well well against the 2s. Not producing well in the preseason is a very bad sign for a supposedly effective WR - especially for one you wasted a draft pick on.

Darboh would have made a practice squad because nobody cares about non-productive WRs when looking to fill active roster spots. They pick guys that either have experience or showed tremendous upside. Occasionally speed guys that need time to get football bodies - not often unproductive preseason guys that showed nothing against decent competition.

If a team thinks he has enough upside though, it might be a good move long-term to burn a roster spot to get him for free and let him develop. The big question is how much does one sub-par pre-season negate everything scouts saw in college, etc to warrant a third round pick?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jixz3v5 said:
How did our front office do last year?

Weren't we the team that basically made it into the wild card game and then were absolutely embarrassed by Atlanta in the very next game?

The same FO that made decisions that led to a disaster of an OL that ended up destroying Wilson's health and getting nobody to back up Rawls so we could take the heat off Wilson while Rawls was still injured?

The same great decision making that led to us keeping Alex Collins who showed NOTHING in the preseason only because he was a relatively high draft pick?

Not exactly a great track record by our FO on those keeps in recent years to be honest.

And if you don't want to keep Williams because Wilson won't throw to him, then keep Desir. But don't keep a worthless WR because you blew a 3rd round pick on him - and get rid of someone that can produce for you somewhere else.
That is a foolish and flawed view.

w00t

Reaction score
damn there's so many people butt hurt about Kasen being cut LOL

KillerB

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3nh76fqi said:
We wasted a 3rd round pick on a WR that isn't an OL.

We compound this by keeping worthless WR and cutting either a decent backup CB or a productive WR.

The fact the guy even got a draft pick wasted on him when we needed OL help annoys me. The fact that we let guys like Palacio, Desir and Williams go and kept this worthless WR annoys me more.

The fact that Williams was a WR for Huskies doesn't matter, it was what he did with the football as a Seahawk that mattered. What did the worthless WR that should have been an OL do with the football?

Wasted, worthless, wasted, worthless, worthless...let go of your hate. Darboh has not played a single down of real football yet.

If he gets ten balls this year, he'll have doubled Kasen Williams' 3-year total. I like Williams. But he runs one meaningful route and did manage to drop a gimme touchdown along with the good things he did this preseason.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
falcongoggles":24fmtoeo said:
Seahwkgal":24fmtoeo said:
All these armchair GM's. :laugh:
Look, I thought Williams should have made the roster based on what I saw on TV. Hell, I am a Michigan homer and thought Darboh would be cut. I was fine with that, but honestly, I am not out there evaluating talent in practice-etc.
All I am going to say is that if you all think you know more than the F.O.-get a NFL Coach/GM or Scout job and then comeback and talk.
I will let the front office do their job and not lose any sleep over it. It's not worth the stress that some of you express. It really isn't. GoHawks!

You don't have to be a GM or front office employ to use your eyeballs and recognize when talent has been cut. Remember Michael Bennett?
How is it you are wiser at this than our HC, GM, and personel people?

erik2690

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ue5i09v said:

Does limited targets in preseason production numbers really have big correlation to NFL success? You keep talking about production which is valid but needs context. It's less than 4 games worth of snaps and he's the WR4 at best so production now isn't really the only factor right? Like no one is going to get big production at WR4 on this team. Chris Matthews made those Kasen catches on a way bigger stage against way better competition. Having some big production in a game or 2 doesn't really signal anything long term. I would have loved to kept Kasen but I think you are making this out to be quite a bit more than it is.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
to all of you claiming that this goes against Pete's mantra:

How do you know?

We see limited snapshots in a few meaningless games. The coaches see much more than we are ever privy to.

Additionally, Kasen has been with the team for years now, the coaches know what he can and can't do. The truth is that he is limited a bit athletically and while he had some good moments this preseason, the over reaction to this is borderline comical. The guy wasn't really even all that great at UW, and I'm a huge dawg fan.

Let's direct our fake outrage elsewhere. Not sure Kasen really deserves it imo.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Terpdragon":chjloxuy said:
I am more disappointed Marcel Reece was let go

Meh he'll be back in a couple of weeks if the current fb doesnt work as we wont have to guarantee his salary. Not a lot of teams use them.

Hoping kasen makes the ps but teams like chicago seem kinda wr needy right now.

I hope they try get another qb in the practise squad at some point. Taysum hill looked decent for the packers.

Mick063

Reaction score
w00t":323hb8wy said:
damn there's so many people butt hurt about Kasen being cut LOL

The rookie from Michigan is better.