Rice out for the Season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Rice has skills, I'm just not sure this offense will miss him. His talents were grossly underused in our scheme.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 36s
Rice had just 15 receptions in 8 games (though three were TDS), 29 yrs/game. I think the SEA will be fine even w/o him as deep threat
Expand

Can't say I necessarily agree with this. I didn't expect rice to be back next year because of his cap # but i figured it would be a cheaper guy coming in to replace him.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This sucks. Despite what you think about Rice, he has made some clutch catches and he has commanded some double teams this year. This just means one less playmaker on the offensive side of the ball to rotate through.

AgentDib

Reaction score
BamKam":2h3zqkwr said:
Lol it is so funny to see pundits on Twitter calling this a huge loss for the Seahawks. Even further proof none of these tools really actually watch Seahawk games.
Unfortunately other teams do not diligently read .NET and thus Rice was still being covered by the best CB most of the time. All of our receivers move up one as a result of this and get slightly better coverage against teams who shift their CBs, when we were just hoping to be able to move everybody down one instead with the debut of Harvin. I see that as a huge loss.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BamKam":1msl56xg said:
Lol it is so funny to see pundits on Twitter calling this a huge loss for the Seahawks. Even further proof none of these tools really actually watch Seahawk games.

If you don't think it hurts us at all, then maybe you need to look closer. Rice may not always be getting the ball, but he's always getting attention from opposing defenses. This has a trickle down effect that we sorely missed after he left the game last night. Just having that threat on the field helped the other receivers. Was it worth his current salary? Not IMO, but it was definitely a positive for our offense. Losing him will definitely be a set back, at least until Harvin is ready.

On the bright side, Harvin may come back this week and just take the roster spot and we won't have to cut anyone loose to do it. Hopefully he is ready to go this week, we need all the help we can get in that department.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm definitely sad to see Rice get hurt as he was a threat when in there but I'm also not sure this will really hurt our offense. especially with Harvin coming soon hopefully. If Kearse doesn't have any more stupid drops like last night he is actually a faster deep threat receiver than Rice as well.

Edit: I really don't buy this trickle down effect that supposes that Tate, Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse won't be able to get open because Rice is gone. In fact Rice was having trouble getting any separation himself and I don't think it was because he was always drawing the best corner.

hawk45

Reaction score
One of my reasons for being okay with what we gave up for Harvin was my fear that Rice could not stay healthy. So in a way, that move becomes more "worth it" with Rice out. We'd be in much bigger trouble now if we hadn't made that trade.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":20vn99fh said:
We cannot sustain another major injury at WR this year.

I am serious when I say that we should sign Chris Harper off of GB's practice squad soon. He has relative experience with our team and can be inactive until he comes up to speed, if need be.

That's a good thought and that would be a good spot to go if they need a WR.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He did not look or play as if he was well pretty much the whole season. He looked slow and has lost a step and wasn't getting separation. In fact his whole time in Seattle has been one injury after another and he was clearly under performing his contract. I suspect he knew he was done here after the season. His dropped balls numbers were also going up and he cost the team in this last game with a dropped pass that he should have cost. I suspect it will be a while before he's able to play again in the NFL if at all. The timing of this situation at least gives the team a chance to replace him, it now will be necessary for Kearse and or Baldwin or another to step up and take Rice's snaps.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Injuries happen - good teams with good QB's overcome. Look at Green Bay - they lost Jennings in the offseason, Cobb, James Jones, Finley. They just put up 44 points on the road at Minnesota. Players need to step up.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2sqnufon said:
Rice may not have been operating at 100% but over the past year and a half, he has made clutch catches that bailed out the team. Those sideline catches against the Skins and 9ers last year were top notch. Same as the catch against the Cards last week. Miami last year. Just a lot of great catches.

His health and contract is what got folks on his case. Brutal game.

Agreed with everything in this post.

w00t

Reaction score
WR's already don't get separation and our OLine is trash.

I feel sorry for Russell Wilson.