Reports: Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Can someone photoshop Suh in a Hawk uniform??? The thought of him smashing QBs and blowing up RBs is delicious! Prayers to lil baby Jesus it happens.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1b08r5kr said:
ManBunts":1b08r5kr said:
I'm sorry but I don't want Suh. He's good, yes, but I don't want a player that dirty. I don't want that to tarnish our team. I don't want to have to deal with homers from other teams that use him as an excuse to call us all dirty players.

Mebane back healthy, Hill healthy, workup Marsh, resign Williams, get all that done and our D-line is fierce. I think we're all still a little bent out of shape about the Super Bowl and how our defense didn't hold, forgetting that a full 3/4 of our starters were injured. There's nobody to replace. Just lots of guys that need some R&R

Why?

Why do any of you care what fans from other teams think about this team? Christ on a bike. If it isn't Suh, someone will find some reason to rip your team. Best response is wins.

If people don't want Suh because of the money, or his perceived locker room disruptions, or maybe that his impact on a good rotation isnt commensurate with the money paid, or who we would have to let go, then sure. But who cares if some jabroni from Green Bay or Baltimore or Dallas or Arizona thinks our team is dirty?

I don't care as long as it's not true.

SC

ManBunts

Reaction score
Uncle Si":d2byy3sk said:
ManBunts":d2byy3sk said:
I'm sorry but I don't want Suh. He's good, yes, but I don't want a player that dirty. I don't want that to tarnish our team. I don't want to have to deal with homers from other teams that use him as an excuse to call us all dirty players.

Mebane back healthy, Hill healthy, workup Marsh, resign Williams, get all that done and our D-line is fierce. I think we're all still a little bent out of shape about the Super Bowl and how our defense didn't hold, forgetting that a full 3/4 of our starters were injured. There's nobody to replace. Just lots of guys that need some R&R

Why?

Why do any of you care what fans from other teams think about this team? Christ on a bike. If it isn't Suh, someone will find some reason to rip your team. Best response is wins.

If people don't want Suh because of the money, or his perceived locker room disruptions, or maybe that his impact on a good rotation isnt commensurate with the money paid, or who we would have to let go, then sure. But who cares if some jabroni from Green Bay or Baltimore or Dallas or Arizona thinks our team is dirty?

Let me clarify: He IS a dirty player. How many guys has he stomped on? I don't want that. I don't want that disruption. I don't want to pay enormous amounts for that. ADDITIONALLY, I don't want our team to perceived that way. You can argue against any "jabroni" that makes a homer comment, but Suh DOES play dirty, so it's not longer a perception, it's reality and it reflects on the team. That's why it matters. But still, yes, is secondary to the fact that he IS a dirty player and WILL cost too much. There, I believe that meets your criteria.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ManBunts":35zt7fk2 said:
Let me clarify: He IS a dirty player. How many guys has he stomped on? I don't want that. I don't want that disruption. I don't want to pay enormous amounts for that. ADDITIONALLY, I don't want our team to perceived that way. You can argue against any "jabroni" that makes a homer comment, but Suh DOES play dirty, so it's not longer a perception, it's reality and it reflects on the team. That's why it matters. But still, yes, is secondary to the fact that he IS a dirty player and WILL cost too much. There, I believe that meets your criteria.

How is this different than our players getting busted for PED's, screaming at Chris Carter/Deion Sanders or on the field cheap shots like Giacomini used to do all the time? (Or Irvin after the SB).

I hear what you're saying, but if you're going to pull the moral card there are more than a couple issues with our current crop of player's past that we all have seemed to gotten over that fall under the morality card.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Imagine a defensive tackle rotation of Mebane, Suh, Kevin Williams, and Jordan Hill. Wow!
If Albert Haynesworth can garner a 7 year/$100 million contract few years ago, just think what Suh will get (Suh is 1000x the player Haynesworth was). It's going to be astronomically ridiculous. Good for Suh though.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Suh is worth 15 plus but as others have stated there are plenty of reasons to take a discount.

1. Play for a Championship Team
2. Play for his Hometown Team
3. Play on an Historic Defense
4. Secure his legacy.

Seahawks can sign Suh to a huge deal:

8 years for 125 million. About 16 apy.

Back load his contract the final two years for 25m each.

The contract essentially becomes a 6 year for $75 deal.

Or 12.5 apy.

Giving him a strong signing bonus like $25 mil plus another $25-35 guaranteed in base and bonuses.

They can work his contract into the model that fits best.

Releasing

Miller 2.4
Unger 4.4 ( june 1st)
Mcdnl 3.0

Would save $9.8m against the cap.

Instead of releasing Mebane you give him an extension of sorts that takes the 5.5 he'll make in 2015 and converts it into a 2 yr, 6 mil deal all guaranteed.

Thats like another 2.5 this year which would put the money for Suh at 12.3m.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also Suh being a 3 down player negates the need for deep DLine.... Hes probably an exta pass rusher and DT in snaps.

And he pretty much negates Byron Maxwell with his interior presence when you add him to the mix with our Front 7 and LOB.

There is a reason why Detroits Secondary was highly regarded... Interior pressure at its finest.

Maxwell on the open market is at least worth 7.5M.

McDaniel OBS and Williams made about 6.5 last year thats 13 m alone factoring Max contract.

dadof3

Reaction score
ManBunts":1euncpzi said:

Tim Ruskell, is that you?

sc85sis

Reaction score
His talent is undeniable. His propensity for stupid, dirty plays is equally undeniable. His price tag is high.

Everyone who used to get ticked off at Breno for going over the line and drawing flags should prepare for a lot more of them if Suh were to come here. Also be prepared for him possibly getting suspended because he's a repeat offender.

We'd also be killing any depth by taking a guy on with his price tag--even if he is willing to take a little less to come to Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3durid7k said:
Also Suh being a 3 down player negates the need for deep DLine.... Hes probably an exta pass rusher and DT in snaps.

And he pretty much negates Byron Maxwell with his interior presence when you add him to the mix with our Front 7 and LOB.

There is a reason why Detroits Secondary was highly regarded... Interior pressure at its finest.

Maxwell on the open market is at least worth 7.5M.

McDaniel OBS and Williams made about 6.5 last year thats 13 m alone factoring Max contract.

Detroits secondary was their Achilles heal.

northseahawk

Reaction score
The only thing that beat us including in the SB, was quick short passes. SUH won't have much affect on that. So no for me.
Imo, giving KJ 6+ million was a total mistake. Isn't worth that much. That short game suck because of KJ alot.

cacksman

Reaction score
northseahawk":7du3tpcc said:
The only thing that beat us including in the SB, was quick short passes. SUH won't have much affect on that. So no for me.
Imo, giving KJ 6+ million was a total mistake. Isn't worth that much. That short game suck because of KJ alot.

It's never a good idea to post while drunk.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm over the "he's a bad guy" "he's a dirty player" "we're better than that"

Watching this team lose the Superbowl SUCKED. Such would go a loooong ways to preventing that feeling in the future. SIGN HIM!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Somebody in the front office had to have asked Cliff Avril if Suh is a problem.
If Cliff thinks there is an issue, the conversation about Suh ends immediately.
They worked in the same position room every day.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ManBunts":3t89yiz2 said:

I"m sorry, but since the Angry Deuce incident in the Super Bowl, our team is already been tarnished.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1bp2e8pe said:

Yeah, but to play devil's advocate, I'm sure they asked Sidney Rice, Tjack, Bevell and probably Heath Farwell about Percy Harvin...and you know how that turned out.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1xt4ti1z said:
Suh is worth 15 plus but as others have stated there are plenty of reasons to take a discount.

1. Play for a Championship Team :thirishdrinkers:
2. Play for his Hometown Team :thirishdrinkers:
3. Play on an Historic Defense :th2thumbs:
4. Secure his legacy.

Seahawks can sign Suh to a huge deal:

8 years for 125 million. About 16 apy.

Back load his contract the final two years for 25m each.

The contract essentially becomes a 6 year for $75 deal.

Or 12.5 apy.

Giving him a strong signing bonus like $25 mil plus another $25-35 guaranteed in base and bonuses.

As much as I'd like Suh on our D-line, we can't go 8 years - that's too long. He'd be 36 at the end, too much money at the end. Also, 8/$125 + $25mil bonus ends up closer $19 mil. The max I would do is 6yr/$50 plus $25 mil bonus.

The way to beat Brady has always been pressure up the middle. That was a problem for us after Hill went down. Line up Avril, Sue, Hill and Bennett on passing downs - oh boy, someone's gonna eat! :0190l:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Adding Suh to the d line would certainly help as our secondary heals up to start the season.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2ms9egud said:
TheHawkster":2ms9egud said:

Yeah, but to play devil's advocate, I'm sure they asked Sidney Rice, Tjack, Bevell and probably Heath Farwell about Percy Harvin...and you know how that turned out.

LOL. Touche!!!!!

Is it too soon to say Harvin will be back for the veteran minimum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts