Replacement..errr....Real Refs Screw Green Bay

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
SharkHawk":f83ytuzt said:
lvnginhwktwn":f83ytuzt said:
Really, Hawk fans talking about "bad calls"? There goes the pot calling the kettle black again. And I believe after the game and the so called "catch" by Golden Tate, you all were "a win is a win".

Maybe you should worry more about next week instead of this week.

And you're here hanging out on a Seahawks board why exactly? Tell us that the pot is calling the kettle black, yet you are on a Seahawks board discussing your game from this week with Seahawks fans and saying "We" need to focus. Last time I checked, "We" aren't playing next week and don't need to focus on jack. We are fans and analyze what has happened.

You coming here to OUR board and telling us what we "should" do and claiming that we should never call out a bad call or question it is the most asinine thing I think I've read in a year, and that's saying a lot.

Your QB made a stupid play. The LBer made a stupid play. Your WR made an absolutely idiotic play running into a scrum (Boldin has been known to get injured, and he wants to run in and fight LBers and DL? Ha). McCarthy made an idiotic decision, and Bill Leavy once again made a piss poor call.

We aren't allowed to talk about it though because you said so? Go post on your red and gold board and tell us whatever you want... because we won't be there to read it. We have our own board and we will discuss what we feel like. Thanks superstar machine.

Yep typical response, "why are you on our boards" same reason so many of you Hawk fans are on ours, its a good place to exchange opinions. I see alot of the very same fans on this board at both 9er forums. If you cant handle opposing teams fans coming to your boards and having opinions different from yours then you have bigger issues.

I am giving my opinion, if you don't like it fine, disagree, no skin off my butt. As far as telling you what to do, I did no such thing. Try reading my post again, ask some of your friends to help you with the words if you don't know the definitions. "Maybe you should worry more about next week instead of this week". MAYBE being the key word, a suggestion, what you do with it is up to you.

Your boards and ours would be pretty boring if all we had was our own fans on them. Try not to get so butt hurt just because someone has an opinion different from your own.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
BASF":205o5e4u said:
Bill Leavy, who officiated the GB/SF game lives in San Jose, Ca and has Forty Niner fans in his family, should never have been allowed to officiate that game.

kigenzun":205o5e4u said:
BASF":205o5e4u said:
Bill Leavy, who officiated the GB/SF game lives in San Jose, Ca and has Forty Niner fans in his family, should never have been allowed to officiate that game.

AND is the same Bill Leavy who admitted to blowing the calls in the Superbowl XL in Detroit that cost us the Lombardi. He should not be allowed to officiate any NFL games, let alone his friggin' home town team.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-mistake/

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Look, I was right

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 8m
NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino has determined the officials made 2nd mistake in Matthews-Kaepernick scrum: Staley penalty was wrong.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero

Refs didn't help us win.

End thread

LOL at some of the posters in this thread.

hawker84

Reaction score
SF was the better team and it showed, GB was outplayed and outcoached. There were some horrible calls, and the rejection was beyond ridiculous, but the better team won that game, period......

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2xq9kz9p said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/nfl-now-says-packers-not-49ers-benefitted-from-officials-mistake/

Well that pretty much ends this discussion. Look at Matthews grabbing Staley's facemask here:

Refs should have ejected Matthews, and the 49ers should have had first and goal.

*Prediction: we will NOT see Seahawks fans come in and admit this.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3fk7hy96 said:
Sourdough #49":3fk7hy96 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/nfl-now-says-packers-not-49ers-benefitted-from-officials-mistake/

Well that pretty much ends this discussion. Look at Matthews grabbing Staley's facemask here:

Refs should have ejected Matthews, and the 49ers should have had first and goal.

Admit what? You are sounding pretty full of yourself with that statement, especially when said on another team's forums. If you are wondering if any of us would admit that Mathews should be ejected I don't know...I do not know the rules well enough concerning actual rejections. If you look at why the Carolina panther player got ejected in our game it was from a fully swung open palm punch to the face. Mathews definitely grabbed the face mask but he never did a full on swinging "punch" to the helmet so maybe that is why it didn't cross the line that the officials use to determine if a player should be ejected.

If you are wondering if any of us would agree that Mathews should have been flagged again, sure I'll admit that camera angle shows him as being the aggressor in that confrontation. Of course, was Mathews continuing to go after Kaep and needed to be grabbed by the SF player... *shrug*... don't know. I just created the thread when the announcers stated at halftime that the refs made a major error. I'm not going to lose any sleep now that the NFL has clarified that they made an error about their error.

Does that satisfy you Mr. High on Your Horse 49er fan?

BASF

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1cf0gaqs said:
Sourdough #49":1cf0gaqs said:

Watching the GIF, I can tell you that Staley didn't deserve the penalty, however you can clearly see Anquan Boldin punch a guy in the face, which should have had the penalty call. Both Matthews and Boldin should have been ejected. The play should have not been offsetting and it would have been field goal Niners.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I hate this about myself right meow, but I have to agree that was a pretty cheap hit by Mathews. Kaepernick (prolly spelled that wrong) was out when Clay launched. I get the launch - Kaepernick was pretty close to the 1st down marker and at that speed, it's a judgement and you gotta stop him, but it did look pretty late. However there was no need to wrap him up and take him down. And yeah, Staley wasn't the one grabbing facemask either.

Dammit - I hate the 9ers, but I also hate GB and Mathews. So I feel pretty objective about this one.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Barakas":2qkwmrgw said:
5_Golden_Rings":2qkwmrgw said:
Sourdough #49":2qkwmrgw said:

Admit what? You are sounding pretty full of yourself with that statement, especially when said on another team's forums. If you are wondering if any of us would admit that Mathews should be ejected I don't know...I do not know the rules well enough concerning actual rejections. If you look at why the Carolina panther player got ejected in our game it was from a fully swung open palm punch to the face. Mathews definitely grabbed the face mask but he never did a full on swinging "punch" to the helmet so maybe that is why it didn't cross the line that the officials use to determine if a player should be ejected.

If you are wondering if any of us would agree that Mathews should have been flagged again, sure I'll admit that camera angle shows him as being the aggressor in that confrontation. Of course, was Mathews continuing to go after Kaep and needed to be grabbed by the SF player... *shrug*... don't know. I just created the thread when the announcers stated at halftime that the refs made a major error. I'm not going to lose any sleep now that the NFL has clarified that they made an error about their error.

Does that satisfy you Mr. High on Your Horse 49er fan?

Somewhat, yes. But it's the intent of the thread that irks me, that the 49ers didn't deserve the win, as if the ONLY reason you or anyone here not a 49er fan would say that isn't because it's the 49ers, and for no other reason in the slightest. Of course, I should expect that much, after all we're all rabid fans.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2igiuwgj said:
Somewhat, yes. But it's the intent of the thread that irks me, that the 49ers didn't deserve the win, as if the ONLY reason you or anyone here not a 49er fan would say that isn't because it's the 49ers, and for no other reason in the slightest. Of course, I should expect that much, after all we're all rabid fans.

I think you need to read the title of the thread and when I posted the thread (i.e., at halftime before the game was over). If you can't find the irony that the announcers stated that the refs could have potentially screwed GB AGAIN on our Seahawk forums then I think you are over zealously looking for people to say bad things about your team and maybe you should take a breather or stay a day or two on your own forums.

FYI, I would have made the exact same post if this happened to GB playing against the Rams or the Cardinals. The damn thing is funny even if in the end the second flag shouldn't have been thrown!! :D :D :D

Driftster

Reaction score
BASF said:
Watching the GIF, I can tell you that Staley didn't deserve the penalty, however you can clearly see Anquan Boldin punch a guy in the face, which should have had the penalty call. Both Matthews and Boldin should have been ejected. The play should have not been offsetting and it would have been field goal Niners.

Actually, Anquan Boldin didn't throw a punch... He grabs the face mask of who I believe is Sam Shields bends him forward and walks him out of the "commotion" area and releases him.. Then Shields runs back to Boldin but is stopped by a number of other Packers.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
BASF":31yuh2vb said:
5_Golden_Rings":31yuh2vb said:
Sourdough #49":31yuh2vb said:

By watching the GIF huh? Boldin threw a punch? LMFAO!!!

Perhaps you should just check it out on YouTube instead of making up your own little fantasy world for what happened out of the view of "the GIF".

Latest posts