Replacement..errr....Real Refs Screw Green Bay

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Uh huh. While in mid-air on a third down he knew EXACTLY that Kap was going to step out rather than try to turn and score from the five. WTF are you even talking about? It makes no sense. By stepping out a yard and a half shy he was making it a fourth down. Anybody on defense with a brain would think the guy was TRYING for a first down, not conceding it. Use your head.

Jville

Reaction score
Our 49er guests tonight are prisoners of their own emotions. They can't see or think straight. I hope this isn't a preview to what they expect us to host and put up with for the rest of this week.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I hate Clay Mathews probably more than any other player in football. I hate the Packers with a passion. I didn't care who won this game either way. I just wanted to see them both look bad to be honest. It doesn't impact me who wins, because if GB loses, then it's good... 1 loss for an NFC team that I hate and don't want to face at their place in the playoffs (especially since we don't meet head-to-head... all losses are good). We play SF twice so can balance out any wins they get when they aren't playing us. So really I could care less.

I am just saying what I saw and how the play should have been ruled. McCarthy ultimately made a horrible decision. That is the main thing. But Boldin made a blatantly stupid push on that play and should have been flagged (I agree that Staley probably shouldn't). I don't think Mathews did anything worth getting kicked out of the game for. I thought it was a stupid idea to wrap up the QB in mid-air. But jumping at him and flying was actually a really intelligent thing because he's not looking at yard lines. He knows the guy has moved forward and could easily flip his arm out and extend over the goal line as we see QB's do every single week. He commits to the guy as he heads toward the sideline and should have let him bounce off. But he had no choice as he was in mid-air. It was flukey. Kap should have turned up and headed for the endzone. His decision to run out was as inexplicable as McCarthy's choice to take the penalty and then Leavy's choice to call a penalty on Staley and not Boldin and then to offset and replay the downs. It was stupid all around.

49ers fans spending their evening posting here doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not over posting on their board about it. I'm talking about it here.... because my team played today and we won. But to each their own.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Really, Hawk fans talking about "bad calls"? There goes the pot calling the kettle black again. And I believe after the game and the so called "catch" by Golden Tate, you all were "a win is a win".

Maybe you should worry more about next week instead of this week.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It was a catch, NFL said so.

NFL admitted wrong doing on this play in question already.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
As much as I wanted Green Bay to win this game to put the Niners off to an 0-1 start, Green Bay's defense didn't deserve even an ice cream cone after the game. It's a JOKE how bad Green Bay's overall defense is. Also, Dom Capers is wildly overrated.

One thing I was pleased to see, though, is the 49ers defense looking quite average overall. I'm a little less concerned about next Sunday than I was when I woke up this morning.

Plus, maybe the resident 49ers fans here can explain to me how Kaepernick is still taking multiple delay of game penalties in one game? Can't wait to see how that works out next weekend.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2dh9hc66 said:
Really, Hawk fans talking about "bad calls"? There goes the pot calling the kettle black again. And I believe after the game and the so called "catch" by Golden Tate, you all were "a win is a win".

And you're here hanging out on a Seahawks board why exactly? Tell us that the pot is calling the kettle black, yet you are on a Seahawks board discussing your game from this week with Seahawks fans and saying "We" need to focus. Last time I checked, "We" aren't playing next week and don't need to focus on jack. We are fans and analyze what has happened.

You coming here to OUR board and telling us what we "should" do and claiming that we should never call out a bad call or question it is the most asinine thing I think I've read in a year, and that's saying a lot.

Your QB made a stupid play. The LBer made a stupid play. Your WR made an absolutely idiotic play running into a scrum (Boldin has been known to get injured, and he wants to run in and fight LBers and DL? Ha). McCarthy made an idiotic decision, and Bill Leavy once again made a piss poor call.

We aren't allowed to talk about it though because you said so? Go post on your red and gold board and tell us whatever you want... because we won't be there to read it. We have our own board and we will discuss what we feel like. Thanks superstar machine.

Jville

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3dyzeisb said:

Why return again and again with this nonsense?

Defending the 49er honor or some such obsession?

Do you think such behavior healthy?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
If karma is real then I guess Boldin will experience it for the two cheap shots he took today. We'll also see some karma for SF getting a free TD play.

Throwdown

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2na1bxt7 said:
Throwdown":2na1bxt7 said:
It was a catch, NFL said so.

NFL admitted wrong doing on this play in question already.

Offensive PI.

Ticky tack, it happens all the time on those kinds of play, you're just being petty.

jkitsune

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ucx9vnes said:
If you guys see the replay of Clay Mathew's late hit, and the following incident between him and Joe Staley, you will see that all Joe did was get in his face in defense of Kapernick. Clay then started hitting Staley and for some reason the ref threw the flag against Saley. GB didn't get screwed, Clay got lucky that the ref didn't throw the second flag against him like he should have.

The fact that the refs screwed up, really only corrected their initial mistake of penalizing staley in the first place.

One thing is for sure though...Mathews is a punk ass bitch!
This is what I saw too. Staley had the guy by the jersey but clay was the one punching. This hit was actually way less borderline than the one in the tb-nyj game. You can argue all you want about whether clay should have launched, but any time you make contact after the qb is two steps out of bounds it's going to get called.

The way it was enforced was silly, but the packers weren't the better team, didnt deserve to win, and that call isn't what cost them.

BASF

Reaction score
Bill Leavy, who officiated the GB/SF game lives in San Jose, Ca and has Forty Niner fans in his family, should never have been allowed to officiate that game.

kigenzun

Reaction score
BASF":1xmqycd8 said:
Bill Leavy, who officiated the GB/SF game lives in San Jose, Ca and has Forty Niner fans in his family, should never have been allowed to officiate that game.

AND is the same Bill Leavy who admitted to blowing the calls in the Superbowl XL in Detroit that cost us the Lombardi. He should not be allowed to officiate any NFL games, let alone his friggin' home town team.

OverWeightMan

Reaction score
Poor little innocent clay clay, just let the boys play ref!

kaephit.gif

Packers 49ers2 original

clearly the Niners got away with robbery.. (sarcasm off)

mretrade

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he was in the air as he was going bounds. Kap was clearly running out of bounds. Are you even allowed to lead with your head?

OverWeightMan

Reaction score
mretrade":2orocosa said:
It doesn't matter if he was in the air as he was going bounds. Kap was clearly running out of bounds. Are you even allowed to lead with your head?

He's not in the air when Kap steps out of bounds, and he doesn't touch him until a whole yard out of bounds. Then some how the other penalty is called on Staley..

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
look@dafilm":2wr2jqal said:
Oh well. Matthews doesn't make a garbage late, dirty, ejection-worthy hit on a player so far out of bounds he might as well have tackled Vic Fangio, it doesn't give an opportunity for the scuffle for the refs to wrongly call a penalty on Joe Staley, which doesn't give an opportunity for the refs to make their "mistake" on the off-setting penalties call.

no sympathy from for the garbage Packers who were obviously out there to prove a point: that they weren't soft, after that absolute SPANKING they received to end their season back in January.

Bummer

Quoting this for posterity. So, if by chance you win a tough-fought game next week, you're cool with folks shrugging it off and pointing to an "absolute SPANKING" you received late last year too, right?