Remember when USA Today predicted 4 wins for the Seahawks?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1d4ujrzp said:
Ah, can we stay on topic?

You mean this topic?
RE: REMEMBER WHEN USA TODAY PREDICTED 4 WINS FOR THE SEAHAWK

I stand by my "on topic" comments. That is, USA Today is no better at predicting many a team's record than even many of that team's own fan base. Proven and played out here over the last few months, and no doubt on the Colts and Chiefs fan pages as well.

...carry on..

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Nah....I’m not talking about that. This was about our predicted number of wins this year. It’s not a woulda, coulda if we made a coaching change years ago. Because even if we did make a coaching change and they still predicted 4 wins....well thats a whiff too.

That’s my point.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know that Sherman wasn't right at the time.

Seattle was lost. And in weeks 1 and 2, they didn't commit to the the running game at all. It was merely a lack of will to keep at it. No different than the entirety of 2017 when they talked endlessly about running the ball only to call 70% pass plays to start off games.

Seattle recommitted to their current identity later in this season. Thank God for it. But as of the time of that quote Sherman was pretty spot on in his assessment.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1fifkr2n said:
I don't know that Sherman wasn't right at the time.

Seattle was lost. And in weeks 1 and 2, they didn't commit to the the running game at all. It was merely a lack of will to keep at it. No different than the entirety of 2017 when they talked endlessly about running the ball only to call 70% pass plays to start off games.

Seattle recommitted to their current identity later in this season. Thank God for it. But as of the time of that quote Sherman was pretty spot on in his assessment.

What on earth are you talking about?

This was said and predicated before the season when the identity you are now seeing is what WAS being preached by the team. The point maybe works if it's said after week 2 but even then...

Sherman was hurt and upset about being cut by the Seahawks and understandably so, but he wasn't correct, that's been proven.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":35vi6r66 said:
Spot on. Pete Carroll is a great Coach and leader. I think one of his faults is not staying 100% true to his Always Compete mindset. Meaning, as a player or coach works longer for him, he overlooks some things. Pete’s flaw? Loyalty. Boy it’s hard to fault someone for being Loyal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Pete's obsession with loyalty to his staff got Cabevell a couple extra years.
It sent Dan Quinn to Atlanta, and Gus Bradley to Jacksonville.
It also brought back Ken Norton this year.
It also no doubt was a huge factor in Schottenheimer coming here.

I'll take the now-wiser Pete, still with his loyal streak. It's served him well. I think he may now temper it a bit more with performance concerns, but overall, it's a positive.

People dog Carroll for various things, but one thing Pete does is learn and adapt, despite what some posters seem to think. This season is pretty good proof of that thus far.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of people in the media said 4 or 5 wins. Of course, I basically got told that didn't happen. Shocker :roll:

Threedee

Reaction score
I have been waiting for our first season without Bevell (and Cable) since the interception happened. It's finally here, and I have that damn sense of futility lifted from my shoulder.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
One more win and Wilson will have another season at .500 or better.