Relocation

GreenHawk

Reaction score
I'm of the thought that the committee recommended the Carson site to get Kroenke to sweeten the deal for Spanos, because I just don't see Carson being a better candidate than Inglewood. And I'd love the Rams to be in LA so that realignment would be off the table.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
RedAlice":1venbquw said:
My understanding is the Raiders are the ones who don't want to share Levis stadium.

They are now voting between Carson (Raiders/Chargers) and Inglewood (Rams/Chargers).

Rams alone failed, but was close to the 24 votes needed.

If they both have the votes to block each as rumored, then we could end up with still no resolution today.

I think if Spanos/Kroenke work out an arrangement due to pressure, then everything will magically work itself out and then...

Welcome back to LA and a TRUE NFC West!

Threedee

Reaction score
I hope the Raiders work out a short-term deal with the Niners to share Levi until they can get Oakland to wake-up and do something. Likewise, I hope the Chargers only move temporarily and continue talks with SD. I just want the Rams to move back home permanently.

rideaducati

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1w641biw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687036947986952192[/tweet]

I think the hold up to Kroenke is a few owners that don't want to foot their own bill for their own stadiums. They don't want people to be able to point to that owner over there that built his own stadium and ask "why can't you build your own stadium?", when they are due for a new stadium.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":2m75klhh said:
I think the hold up to Kroenke is a few owners that don't want to foot their own bill for their own stadiums. They don't want people to be able to point to that owner over there that built his own stadium and ask "why can't you build your own stadium?", when they are due for a new stadium.

Pretty much - it's the Old Guard families whose only business is their NFL team.

I'm suprised at how close the Rams alone to Inglewood vote was though: 21 for, 8 against and 3 abstaining.

Martin Kilcoyne @martinkilcoyne2
The #NFL owners began voting process with each proposal voted on. Inglewood #Rams vote was 21-8-3. 21 for. 8 against. 3 abstained. #fox2
2:49 PM - 12 Jan 2016

RedAlice

Reaction score
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 2m2 minutes ago
Source just said #Chargers will be given the right to relocate to Inglewood, joining the #Rams

I can't believe this might finally be real.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":srf1dvfs said:
Source just said #Chargers will be given the right to relocate to Inglewood, joining the #Rams

After checking out a few Rams forums, it appears as though many (if no most) Rams fans were fans of the original LA Rams, and are happy they are moving back. The St. Louis fans don't seem to be complaining all that much. Is that accurate?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":3mlpyx41 said:
RedAlice":3mlpyx41 said:

After checking out a few Rams forums, it appears as though many (if no most) Rams fans were fans of the original LA Rams, and are happy they are moving back. The St. Louis fans don't seem to be complaining all that much. Is that accurate?

The StL fans on the StL Newspaper board are complaining like crazy, along with all of their media on twitter.

I only post on the LA Rams boards, so I don't know what the other sites are like right now. Ours is ecstatic....waiting for the final vote to be announced.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3mdz4w3m said:
The StL fans on the StL Newspaper board are complaining like crazy, along with all of their media on twitter.

I only post on the LA Rams boards, so I don't know what the other sites are like right now. Ours is ecstatic....waiting for the final vote to be announced.

Given that I'm happy that our road game will now be on the west coast, and that I formerly lived in LA (and still love it), i'll give you an early congrats!

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":31ntv0eu said:
Yoonhawk":31ntv0eu said:
RedAlice":31ntv0eu said:

All three of the St Louis fans are TICKED.

New vote coming...the owners just scrambled back into meeting.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1vqu1wwc said:

I hope it is! Rams belong in LA. StL Rams has never seemed right to me. Good luck RedAlice and LA Rams fans. I want it to be a real NFCW.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Portland Raiders... I still like the sound of that :stirthepot: :242735:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So what I've read is that the Rams are moving back and the Chargers have some time to work out a deal to join them. If the Chargers can't work out a deal then the Raiders get the opportunity to negotiate with the Rams. If the Chargers and Rams come to an agreement then the Raiders are given an extra $100 million to try and get a stadium built in Oakland. My question is, if the Raiders can't get Oakland to cooperate can they take that $100 million and use it to help relocate to San Antonio? They were looking pretty hard at moving there a year or so ago.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Ruminator":3knv1p07 said:
Yet more information on the three franchises eyeing the Los Angeles market in this CNN Money article. It almost casts some doubt on whether any team will move at all despite the six-member relocation committee tasked with identifying which team(s) should be allowed to move:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/08/news/nf ... -stack-dom

Excerpts:

Early last year, conventional wisdom among NFL insiders was that the St. Louis Rams were best-positioned to make the move to Los Angeles. But that has changed in recent months, for several reasons, and now the San Diego Chargers look to have the edge.
"In the spring, the Inglewood proposal was head and shoulders above Carson," said Marc Ganis, the Chicago-based sports marketing consultant. "In recent months, the gap has closed considerably, and many believe Carson is above Inglewood."
But Rams owner Stan Kroenke has his own leverage. While not as popular as Spanos, his money and his business acumen are widely respected. There is little doubt among those involved that Kroenke could amass the nine votes needed to block the other teams from moving to Los Angeles if he wanted to do so.
...the Chargers and the Rams would move to Los Angeles, and the NFL would work with Davis to organize a sale of the Raiders to another owner -- perhaps a tech mogul in Silicon Valley.
Whatever the case, the team or teams that do not come to Los Angeles will need to be rewarded in some fashion -- extra money from the group fund, a new stadium, the right to host special events like Super Bowls and drafts, etc.
The final option is that no team will move to Los Angeles, because the proposal will fail to satisfy all parties -- a result that would disappoint almost every member of the league.

The Rams are moving back.
It's official.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would bet San Diego tries to get something done to keep the Chargers now with a gun to their head, even if the Chargers leave that 100 million, San Diego Raiders with the 100 million and a agreement to build one after the Chargers have said they will leave, now this puts a gun to the Oakland situation much like Al did. This isn't over for years.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
In the end, I find myself so very unsurprised that the decision went:

Richest owner of the 3 gets exactly what he wants. 2nd richest gets options. 3rd richest gets scraps.

Goodell is a slimy bastard. After telling STL that adding 100 mil in league money is not at all an option, the league adds 100 mil to the potential stadiums in SD and OAK.

All that said, I am glad the Rams are in STL, for purely Seahawks reasons, one less early start per year.

But I don't trust Goodell and the league one bit.

rideaducati

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1hk3q1jv said:
And all of LA says, "who cares, wanna go to the beach?"

We can't go to the beach in winter...it's only 70 degrees outside.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Scottemojo":epqiya51 said:
In the end, I find myself so very unsurprised that the decision went:

Richest owner of the 3 gets exactly what he wants. 2nd richest gets options. 3rd richest gets scraps.

Goodell is a slimy bastard. After telling STL that adding 100 mil in league money is not at all an option, the league adds 100 mil to the potential stadiums in SD and OAK.

All that said, I am glad the Rams are in STL, for purely Seahawks reasons, one less early start per year.

But I don't trust Goodell and the league one bit.

Word :th2thumbs:

Latest posts