Relocation

SeatownJay

Reaction score
RedAlice":2spgdsr9 said:
HawkGA":2spgdsr9 said:
minormillikin":2spgdsr9 said:
For whatever team(s) moves to LA, where will they play in 2016? Rose Bowl? Just curious...

I think somebody said they would play at UCLA's stadium. Which I guess is the Rose Bowl.

They will play at the Coloseum (UCLA). They have said one NFL team can play there.

The Rose Bowl (USC) declined to have an NFL team as they want a big concert weekend instead. I'm sure that can change.

For pure rumor - UCLA is said to maybe have a deal worked out w Rams for some $ towards their renovations. Rams play there until 2019, then they do the renovations and possibly play at the Rams new stadium during them. Pure speculation and rumor.
The Rose Bowl is UCLA's stadium. USC plays at the Colosseum.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sorry, I've been doing a CES tear-down. I did watch your game: Congrats to Hawks! My god what a game!

If that had been my team, I might've died.

Onto relo:

So much happening right now it is crazy. I will post links - do not accept anything as fact.

Rams could easily be back in StL as LA. It's a ClusterF.

All powerful parties are fighting. Feels like a night at my house.

Links and what is said....next post. I am doing my best to be non-partial.

But, given all the info I am pursing or knowing: Rams/Chargers in Inglewood and Raiders some cash for Oakland.

I

RedAlice

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3pbwre93 said:
Heard on one of the pregame shows that Jerry Jones has a proposal that would have the Chargers and Rams move to L.A. and share a stadium.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/stad ... eague.html

Oh, yes Jerry did that. Not surpsrising and no new info.

The one thing it did do is clarify to all owners that his 'block" supports Kroenke and the Rams.

Also: if you are undecided: well this is the better plan....Kronke is willing to accept a partner into Ing. Come join. Jerry made that public.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm sooooo behind in my relo updates....just now leaving Vegas after 10 days of CES.

Not sure I can even beathe, but I have been following the updates. Will share.

In case you forgot: I am a trade show planner. We have to be here to the end. :D

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3l1envdc said:
Hey Alice, did you know UCLA plays.....

Just funnin' ya...(they're correct though as I've been to a WSU/UCLA game there)

I am aware I suck at which college team plays in which place.

All my friends make fun of that....I do not watch or follow college FB.

My facts are correct for location, prollly wrong on college teams.

Co is Rams next year.

Rose bowl has said no.

RedAlice

Reaction score
LA Times article -

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... story.html

"Multiple league officials and owners not involved with the Inglewood project, or the competing proposal in Carson, say there is momentum to pair the two franchises in what one owner describes as a "transformational" project backed by the Rams."

---

Seems to be a lot of news regarding Rams/Chargers sharing the Inglewood stadium.

Hope they vote soon and get this over with one way or the other.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Have said for some time Rams and Chargers would be in LA and Raiders would get a new stadium in Oakland somehow, some way. Just been my gut and not based on anything else. Watching Kroenke the last few months though, I am utterly convinced he will move them to Inglewood and go all Al Davis on the NFL if necessary.

Rams in Coliseum rather than Rose Bowl huh? That's a surprise. Guess you can go home again.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1hlj5ttv said:
Have said for some time Rams and Chargers would be in LA and Raiders would get a new stadium in Oakland somehow, some way. Just been my gut and not based on anything else. Watching Kroenke the last few months though, I am utterly convinced he will move them to Inglewood and go all Al Davis on the NFL if necessary.

Rams in Coliseum rather than Rose Bowl huh? That's a surprise. Guess you can go home again.

The rams ARE moving to L.A.. They will take the Chargers in with them. The raiders will find a home once they are sold.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hopefully they vote today. All 32 are meeting today in Houston - which is rare. Even your owner showed up and he hasn't attended one in a long time. Brown didn't show, but his wife is there and she can vote.

Rams, Spanos and Iger (Disney) presented this morning and then they broke for lunch.

Twitter rumors for both sides still everywhere and seems LA Committee will recommend Carson for Chargers/Raiders. No surprise - McNair and Richardson have been very pro-StL and are on that committee.

They still have to vote - hopefully they get it done and over with today one way or the other.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The raiders should stay in Oakland and the nfl have find the stadium. The team has sucked for a long time and the fans are dedicated. Much like here team sucks for years no fans. Give them a winner they come.

Look at the Warriors a 20k waiting list. When I lived in the SFBA I could walk up and get great seats

OrFan

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1rlu7g8d said:
The raiders should stay in Oakland and the nfl have find the stadium. The team has sucked for a long time and the fans are in prison.

FIFY

RedAlice

Reaction score
The LA Committee recommends the Carson (Raiders/Chargers) plan by a vote of 5 - 1. The one exception was Hunt, the KC owner.

Fred Roggin ‏@FredNBCLA 25m25 minutes ago
#Rams #Raiders #Chargers LA committee recommends Carson 5-1. For Inglewood to win, everything must be fair. Compromise or over!

Fred Roggin ‏@FredNBCLA 6m6 minutes ago
#Rams #Raiders #Chargers from the inside. Concern about Rams Stan Kroenke playing fairly with Chargers Dean Spanos.. more..

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm gonna laugh when the only owners that vote for Chagers/Raiders to Carson are the relocation committee and Spanos/Davis. The Carson project is in an awful location and they still have a lot of hurdles to get past in order to build on that old garbage dump.

Meanwhile, Kroenke has the land, already cleared, the stadium planned, and the builders ready to break ground immediately. Kroenke is going to move his team.

Here is my solution...Let Kroenke build his stadium and have the chargers move in. Then, push for San Diego to build a new stadium with the promise of the chargers moving back. Once they break ground on the San Diego stadium, Oakland is put on notice to either build a stadium for the raiders or lose them to Los Angeles to share the stadium with the rams.

All of this crap could be easily done if the niners would share their stadium with the raiders.

RedAlice

Reaction score
My understanding is the Raiders are the ones who don't want to share Levis stadium.

They are now voting between Carson (Raiders/Chargers) and Inglewood (Rams/Chargers).

Rams alone failed, but was close to the 24 votes needed.

If they both have the votes to block each as rumored, then we could end up with still no resolution today.