Re-Sign Lynch Now

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1udvbci7 said:
hawknation2014":1udvbci7 said:
He will have practically no leverage to demand such a thing, and I don't think we would ever trade him. If he holds out through training camp, we would just continue fining him. I also can't imagine him sitting out games in his prime..

He threatened to retire last off season before we gave him more money, what makes you think he wouldn't just leave the game if he doesn't get what he wants next off season?

With Marshawn's personality, I have no doubt he wouldn't just walk away if he doesn't get what he wants.

So the question is what does Lynch want? He's such a weird dude, I don't even think he knows yet what he wants. Which is why this probably won't be resolved til maybe late next summer.

Because I think the retirement rumor was basically just a ploy to exact as much money as he could. We didn't budge from our initial offer to move a million dollars from next year's salary into this year's, and he still returned after missing a week of camp. If he walks away, we don't have him to pay him the $7 million and we get to recoup $1.5 million in signing bonus.

JS wants to enter the negotiations with the upper hand. If he ends up offering a modest raise on top of a two-year extension, with 2017 essentially a team option, I bet Lynch will jump on it. I think he wants to know that we're loyal to him, and a fair deal like that would be a good way to show it.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
hawknation2014":18iq7xgu said:
Sgt. Largent":18iq7xgu said:
hawknation2014":18iq7xgu said:
He will have practically no leverage to demand such a thing, and I don't think we would ever trade him. If he holds out through training camp, we would just continue fining him. I also can't imagine him sitting out games in his prime..

He threatened to retire last off season before we gave him more money, what makes you think he wouldn't just leave the game if he doesn't get what he wants next off season?

With Marshawn's personality, I have no doubt he wouldn't just walk away if he doesn't get what he wants.

So the question is what does Lynch want? He's such a weird dude, I don't even think he knows yet what he wants. Which is why this probably won't be resolved til maybe late next summer.

Because I think the retirement rumor was basically just a ploy to exact as much money as he could. We didn't budge from our initial offer to move a million dollars from next year's salary into this year's, and he still returned after missing a week of camp. If he walks away, we don't have him to pay him the $7 million and we get to recoup $1.5 million in signing bonus.

JS wants to enter the negotiations with the upper hand. If he ends up offering a modest raise on top of a two-year extension, with 2017 essentially a team option, I bet Lynch will jump on it. I think he wants to know that we're loyal to him, and a fair deal like that would be a good way to show it.

This is exactly what needs to happen,. Mutually beneficial, and feasible from the cap management perspective.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2fqvm7r7 said:

I'd be OK with this, my responses on this thread have been directed at the people saying "just tell Marshawn he has to play out his contract." Sorry, that ain't flying.

Nor do we want that. A position as important to this team as RB? John and Pete want that position crystal clear and locked up for at least a 2-3 year window, not up in the air with one year deals. That's not good for anybody.

dunceface

Reaction score
hawknation2014":udf80m1j said:
dunceface":udf80m1j said:
Here is a great article at Field Gulls that details how the Seahawks could move forward with Lynch and still sign the other big names they will need to keep as well (except this scenario has Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, and Jeron Johnson walking)

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-anal ... ree-agency

I could see them not re-signing Kearse and/or Carpenter.

I would be just fine with that

ManBunts

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1efw9mho said:
hawknation2014":1efw9mho said:

I'd be OK with this, my responses on this thread have been directed at the people saying "just tell Marshawn he has to play out his contract." Sorry, that ain't flying.

Nor do we want that. A position as important to this team as RB? John and Pete want that position crystal clear and locked up for at least a 2-3 year window, not up in the air with one year deals. That's not good for anybody.

Sounds good to me. I never hopped on the Michael train. No offense to the guy, but I think people don't realize just how good Lynch is. And I'm not talking about last game. I'm talking about his 3 yard run against the Raiders, or the 1 yard run against the Falcons last year. Any lesser back would've gone down. And when he breaks free, secondary players are legitimately scared of trying to tackle him.

And why are we okay with his antics, but suddenly when he wants money, which he HAS earned, it goes from "antics" to "attitude". I get the that he signed a contract, and I can appreciate the ideal that you need to stick to the bargain you struck, but we are a run first team. It's not even close. And he's that backbone. This offseason is water under the bridge. He wants to feel the love, so as said above, show him the love by giving him the option to stay where he's loved until his career is done. Because frankly I see NO indication of him falling off yet. In fact I'd love to see us pour our draft picks into some o-line talent, then see what he can do behind that.

dradee

Reaction score
Beast is easily worth 5 to 6 mill a year for the next 3 years. He is due 7.5 for just next year , guarantee him 15 to 18 mill for 3 years and I bet he signs the extension.

Its all about the guarantee BOSS! Who wouldnt sign Lynch for 15-18 mill guaranteed for 3 years? He stays in great shape on his own, he is a dedicated athlete and my first pick for a back alley fight!