Re: KJ Wright Signs 4 year extension UPDATED WITH BREAKDOWN

pehawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3ntd4kgv said:
pehawk":3ntd4kgv said:
I think this also means they think Marsh can take Avril's spot.
What happened? All your lording over other posters went away so soon huh?

What happened? I was wrong that's what happened. I guess I could be like you and never state an opinion and contribute only in a fact-checker and "told ya so" capacity.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
pehawk":11kd0rmm said:
RunTheBall":11kd0rmm said:
pehawk":11kd0rmm said:

What happened? I was wrong that's what happened. I guess I could be like you and never state an opinion and contribute only in a fact-checker and "told ya so" capacity.
I state an opinions all of the time but it never gets bumped because it ends up being true 95% of the time and makes others such as yourself ook dumb. Here I'll bump an old thread where I made two perfect predictions JUST FOR YOU.

the ditch

Reaction score
I honestly think Okung is done with the Seahawks I don't see him getting another contract here. But I also think that having the league's worst offensive line that we could jettison all of them.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1a24y5xz said:
I state an opinions all of the time but it never gets bumped because it ends up being true 95% of the time and makes others such as yourself ook dumb. Here I'll bump an old thread where I made two perfect predictions JUST FOR YOU.

And it appears I too have made a perfect observation.

SomersetHawk":1a24y5xz said:
RunTheBall":1a24y5xz said:
.net GMs (pehawk and others) on the KJ Wright thread were all gloom and doom saying Avril was gone and possibly Wagner too as a result of the KJ contract

.... the next day Avril gets an extension

You can't make this sh-- up.

I'm sensing some narcissistic tendencies here.

mikeak

Reaction score
I tried to get through all 6 pages but might have missed someone making the point.

People are discussing the value based on 4 years - $27 million and to me that is not how you look at it.

He is playing next year for $1.5 million. He would not play for that. He would have sat out. So I move the $1.5 million to the 27 million and now I have a $28.5 million contract for 5 years.

That is $5.7million per year.

Yes you can get into the whole - if it is backloaded that may not pay out etc as well. Point being - look at it as a five year deal counting next year.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
the ditch":2nulfl6j said:
I honestly think Okung is done with the Seahawks I don't see him getting another contract here. But I also think that having the league's worst offensive line that we could jettison all of them.

Depends. His cap hit actually went down this year and his injury history greatly affects how much other teams would be willing to pay him. I don't think the Seahawks are going to break the bank but will definitely give him a competitive offer rather than just letting him walk.

I think Maxwell can make significantly more elsewhere and this FO just has a knack for finding DB's that fit the system.

And i could absolutely be wrong about both.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1mne31s1 said:
I tried to get through all 6 pages but might have missed someone making the point.

People are discussing the value based on 4 years - $27 million and to me that is not how you look at it.

He is playing next year for $1.5 million. He would not play for that. He would have sat out. So I move the $1.5 million to the 27 million and now I have a $28.5 million contract for 5 years.

Yes you can get into the whole - if it is backloaded that may not pay out etc as well. Point being - look at it as a five year deal counting next year.

Except KJ was a free agent next year and would have been earning nothing, no?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":1a4s0f14 said:
RunTheBall":1a4s0f14 said:
pehawk":1a4s0f14 said:

There's a difference between saying "hey I've ran the numbers and due to the Wright signing it appears we won't be able to keep Avril and/or Wagner, etc" Here, check out what I researched.............and just being a chicken little and assuming something you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll give anybody their opinion if it's thought out. But being negative just to be negative is irritating, especially when it's a wet blanket over everyone getting excited with keeping a player we all love.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":sqrr5517 said:
pehawk":sqrr5517 said:

Yes! Begin the revolt!

We've been ruled over by Ryan the Tyrant for too long! But we never had a champion to rally behind! A champion who would challenge Ryan in the most petty and passive-aggressive way possible to bring down his cathedral of opinion!

RTB! RTB! RTB!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TXHawk":2isxolgu said:
hawksfansinceday1":2isxolgu said:
LawlessHawk":2isxolgu said:
hawksfansinceday1":2isxolgu said:
Pete Carroll and John Schneider also brought in/traded for Percy Harvin and Charlie Whitehurst and Lendale White and.......and.....many other non-contributing players in to this team. They makes mistakes. They're human. It's possible paying KJ this kind of coin is a mistake but just as possible it isn't.

HUGE difference in the two scenarios... you should know better than that... :D
:D

I guess my point is one that Pe already made. The purpose of this place is that it's a discussion forum and people are going to have differing views and reasonable discussion on both sides of an 'issue' is what makes a place like this worth visiting/contributing to. The FO isn't always right. Tim Ruskell proved that ad naseum.

Carroll and Schneider have both proven to be far superior to Ruskell in talent evaluation and have had nearly four full seasons to evaluate KJ Wright and have decided he is one of their core group they want to lock up. This is a relatively low risk extension since they know exactly what they have in him and what to expect in the future. It's not a boom or bust signing like Harvin was.
Good points.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
mikeak":1g6v4jmi said:

He was to be a free agent after this year. The deal is for four extra years.

But you are correct that the 27 million is not his likely salary. The guarantees are going to be much lower and the 27 million would be if he remained on the roster all four years and hit every incentive.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mgwybaom said:
pehawk":mgwybaom said:
RunTheBall":mgwybaom said:
pehawk":mgwybaom said:

There's a difference between saying "hey I've ran the numbers and due to the Wright signing it appears we won't be able to keep Avril and/or Wagner, etc" Here, check out what I researched.............and just being a chicken little and assuming something you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll give anybody their opinion if it's thought out. But being negative just to be negative is irritating, especially when it's a wet blanket over everyone getting excited with keeping a player we all love.

Oh, so replying to a thread about Tharold Simon starting with a picture of a trophy "lol wut" is how I should behave, Gallant?

I'm not ever going to run the numbers. I'm going to give an opinion, and rightly or wrongly, I and a lot of others value that. I'm not saving lives or writing a thesis in quantum physics.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Basis4day":thkcir17 said:
mikeak":thkcir17 said:

He was to be a free agent after this year. The deal is for four extra years.

But you are correct that the 27 million is not his likely salary. The guarantees are going to be much lower and the 27 million would be if he remained on the roster all four years and hit every incentive.
Which is why I still don't get people being all upset over this. We haven't seen the TRUE (guaranteed) money yet. NFL contracts are a smokescreen. Exhibit A: Kraeperdink.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3w34hsrs said:
pehawk":3w34hsrs said:
RunTheBall":3w34hsrs said:
pehawk":3w34hsrs said:

And you know what, go to hell. I'm being negative just to be negative? I CONSTANTLY thank posters via PM and publically for their contributions, whether I agree with it or not. Do you do that...or do you just sit back and try to cherry pick?

So shut your mouth and save us from your drivel if you're just making shit up.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":24nod16j said:
Yes! Begin the revolt!

We've been ruled over by Ryan the Tyrant for too long! But we never had a champion to rally behind! A champion who would challenge Ryan in the most petty and passive-aggressive way possible to bring down his cathedral of opinion!

RTB! RTB! RTB!

pehawk":24nod16j said:
Sgt. Largent":24nod16j said:

Oh, so replying to a thread about Tharold Simon starting with a picture of a trophy "lol wut" is how I should behave, Gallant?

I'm not ever going to run the numbers. I'm going to give an opinion, and rightly or wrongly, I and a lot of others value that. I'm not saving lives or writing a thesis in quantum physics.

I will fight for you. :duel:

RTB and Sgt Largent couldn't be less gracious enemies. We will pillage their village and give a wide berth to their women.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
pehawk":22t3qw8o said:
And you know what, go to hell. I'm being negative just to be negative"? I CONSTANTLY thank posters via PM and publically for their contributions, whether I agree with it or not. Do you do that...or do you just sit back and try to cherry pick?

So shut your mouth and save us from your drivel if you're just making shit up.
He mad

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":armliocd said:
volsunghawk":armliocd said:
Yes! Begin the revolt!

RTB! RTB! RTB!

pehawk":armliocd said:
Sgt. Largent":armliocd said:

I will fight for you. :duel:

RTB and Sgt Largent couldn't be less gracious enemies. We will pillage their village and give a wide berth to their women.
Or maybe we could all be happy that this FO is very adept at identifying good football players and very committed to keeping them in a Seahawks uniform. :roll:

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1v3dpp68 said:
Which is why I still don't get people being all upset over this. We haven't seen the TRUE (guaranteed) money yet. NFL contracts are a smokescreen. Exhibit A: Kraeperdink.

They shouldn't be, but NFL contracts take a bit to grasp before you get the basics.

KJ Wright Salary is 4 years 27 million total value. Guarantees haven't been reported.
Avril's new salary is around 28 million total value, but only 16 million guaranteed.

Thinking logically, who is likely to have a more guaranteed money? Avril of Course.

Which players guaranteed money hasn't been reported yet? KJ's

Patience everyone.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ya know what, screw Sgt Largent, dude stinks.

I'm not going to let some keyboard zilch tell me I'm negative, when a lot of my posts are about thank others and trying to spur on conversation. Has anyone, ever, seen or heard of Sgt Largent thanking anyone for their posts? Has anyone seen or heard him creating an OP that spurs conversations? Does he ever add anything?

He adss absolutely nothing. And he's coming in to tell me I'm a negative nancy? In a thread where I credited posters with opposing viewpoints? Screw that dude, he's an albatross and phony who's too scared the ramifications for an independent thought.

Dude tells me I'm "negative" he post trophies that say "lol wut". Get the frick out of here, dudes nothing.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":o3lhknwy said:
Or maybe we could all be happy that this FO is very adept at identifying good football players and very committed to keeping them in a Seahawks uniform. :roll:

Boooooooooooo!

Sh I Could Bake A Cake Full Of Rainbows and Smiles