Re: KJ Wright Signs 4 year extension UPDATED WITH BREAKDOWN

pehawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1cnkbzum said:
pehawk":1cnkbzum said:
And you know what, go to hell. I'm being negative just to be negative"? I CONSTANTLY thank posters via PM and publically for their contributions, whether I agree with it or not. Do you do that...or do you just sit back and try to cherry pick?

So shut your mouth and save us from your drivel if you're just making shit up.
He mad

Damn straight I'm mad. I'm not going to let some asshat like Sgt Largent spout I'm a negative nancy when he offers nothing. I sincerely aint mad at you, because you're a gimmick whose name is Lief.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":f92duz20 said:
hawksfansinceday1":f92duz20 said:
Or maybe we could all be happy that this FO is very adept at identifying good football players and very committed to keeping them in a Seahawks uniform. :roll:

Boooooooooooo!

Sh I Could Bake A Cake Full Of Rainbows and Smiles
Bite me. Some of us aren't always pissed man ("pissed" as in angry, not as in drunk like you blokes across the pond use the word).
BTW, would you prefer Ruskell?

:D

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bwwz8lw said:
SomersetHawk":1bwwz8lw said:
hawksfansinceday1":1bwwz8lw said:
Or maybe we could all be happy that this FO is very adept at identifying good football players and very committed to keeping them in a Seahawks uniform. :roll:

Boooooooooooo!

Bite me. Some of us aren't always pissed man ("pissed" as in angry, not as in drunk like you blokes across the pond use the word).

Lol, I ain't pissed angry or pissed drunk. I'm a pretty perennially happy dude, serotonin imbalance or something. And I am in agreement with your sentiment towards our FO, I was just breaking your balls with a Mean Girls gif. It's my go to, no shame in loving that film.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
This kind of reminds me of the Chancellor deal with people questioning why and the money involved. Kam then went on to show that his contract was fantastic value.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2lmrtdtf said:
hawksfansinceday1":2lmrtdtf said:
SomersetHawk":2lmrtdtf said:
hawksfansinceday1":2lmrtdtf said:

Boooooooooooo!

Lol, I ain't pissed angry or pissed drunk. I'm a pretty perennially happy dude, serotonin imbalance or something. And I am in agreement with your sentiment towards our FO, I was just breaking your balls with a Mean Girls gif. It's my go to, no shame in loving that film.
I knew you weren't serious man. Don't mind having my balls busted now and then. I'm just so happy watching this front office go about their business re: extending Earl and Sherm and re-signing Bennett and now extending KJ and Cliff. Can you imagine what this team would be like if this wasn't the salary cap era, especially with Paul's money? :shock:

mikeak

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3gd33pv0 said:
mikeak":3gd33pv0 said:
I tried to get through all 6 pages but might have missed someone making the point.

People are discussing the value based on 4 years - $27 million and to me that is not how you look at it.

He is playing next year for $1.5 million. He would not play for that. He would have sat out. So I move the $1.5 million to the 27 million and now I have a $28.5 million contract for 5 years.

That is $5.7million per year.

Yes you can get into the whole - if it is backloaded that may not pay out etc as well. Point being - look at it as a five year deal counting next year.

Except KJ was a free agent next year and would have been earning nothing, no?

What do you mean - this isn't 2013 and next season isn't 2014???

Yes you are right - I am an idiot and ignored the fact that the $1.5million was for this year. Please proceed with your normally scheduled programming and ignore me

RunTheBall

Reaction score
pehawk here is a prediction/opinion I will make since you say I never make any.

Okung and/or Mebane will not be on the 2015 Seahawks roster

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":37moqw1t said:
What do you mean - this isn't 2013 and next season isn't 2014???

Yes you are right - I am an idiot and ignored the fact that the $1.5million was for this year. Please proceed with your normally scheduled programming and ignore me

Don't beat yourself up, I didn't mean the tone to be douchey, the question was half serious. :thirishdrinkers:

edogg23

Reaction score
I am not to excited about this one. I think KPL will probably be just as good if not better than KJ and yes I know we haven't seen the final contract numbers but it just feels like the Seahawks would have been fine next year letting him walk and using the money elsewhere.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":1jln5v0x said:
Ya know what, screw Sgt Largent, dude stinks.

I'm not going to let some keyboard zilch tell me I'm negative, when a lot of my posts are about thank others and trying to spur on conversation. Has anyone, ever, seen or heard of Sgt Largent thanking anyone for their posts? Has anyone seen or heard him creating an OP that spurs conversations? Does he ever add anything?

He adss absolutely nothing. And he's coming in to tell me I'm a negative nancy? In a thread where I credited posters with opposing viewpoints? Screw that dude, he's an albatross and phony who's too scared the ramifications for an independent thought.

Dude tells me I'm "negative" he post trophies that say "lol wut". Get the frick out of here, dudes nothing.

Shockfacebg6

Feel better now?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RunTheBall":f8gny5st said:

Uhh, NO.

Mebane will play out his contract... the dude was playing at an All-Pro level this year and as always been consistent.And he's cheap at $5 per year.

For fourth time I have said in this thread:

The guys you need to worry about are Okung, Unger, and Miller.

These are the highly paid players who are not living up to their contractual expectations the last few years.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
pehawk":2zx53krp said:
I sincerely aint mad at you, because you're a gimmick whose name is Lief.
Hahaha, I honestly laughed out loud reading this

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2iamcyhc said:
RunTheBall":2iamcyhc said:

Uhh, NO.

Mebane will play out his contract... the dude was playing at an All-Pro level this year and as always been consistent.And he's cheap at $5 per year.

For fourth time I have said in this thread:

The guys you need to worry about are Okung, Unger, and Miller.

These are the highly paid players who are not living up to their contractual expectations the last few years.

Miller restructured his contract last offseason and basically reduced it by half of what he was due.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1bx57nqf said:

What a horrible prediction. You shouldn't make any more because 30k4uxc

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Okung is under contract for 2015. Guessing cutting him this late in the contract wouldn't save much either. So RunTheBall.......um, no with him.

Not sure about Bane. Someone?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Okung's cap number drops next year to a reasonable amount for a legit LT, even one who misses a few games. He'll definitely play out his deal. In fact, locking him up now while his value is a little down might actually be a savvy move, but I'm not sure they pull the trigger this off-season.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2syrt4aa said:
Okung is under contract for 2015 so he ain't goin' anywhere. Guessing cutting him this late in the contract wouldn't save much either.

Mebane under contract through 2015. He's due 5.5 million next year in base with a 5.7 million cap number. Had the same cap numbers this year.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2p35c7re said:
Okung's cap number drops next year to a reasonable amount for a legit LT, even one who misses a few games. He'll definitely play out his deal. In fact, locking him up now while his value is a little down might actually be a savvy move, but I'm not sure they pull the trigger this off-season.

I think his injury history will keep other teams from breaking the bank on an offer should he hit FA.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ou3lv7t said:
hawksfansinceday1":1ou3lv7t said:
Okung is under contract for 2015 so he ain't goin' anywhere. Guessing cutting him this late in the contract wouldn't save much either.

Mebane under contract through 2015. He's due 5.5 million next year in base with a 5.7 million cap number. Had the same cap numbers this year.
Thanks Basis.

So RunTheBall, guessing neither is going anywhere and you'd very likely be incorrect.
Doomsday predictions will always be a part of this community though I suppose.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":375n04p6 said:
Basis4day":375n04p6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":375n04p6 said:

Thanks Basis.

So RunTheBall, guessing neither is going anywhere and you'd very likely be incorrect.
Doomsday predictions will always be a part of this community though I suppose.

The thing is Mebane has almost no dead money left, so you're looking at 5.5 millions in savings. When there is that much discrepancy between your cost and what it costs to cut you you need to keep an eye on it.

Now me? I think he plays out the contract but those are the kind of numbers cap people look at when compared to production on the field in your absence. The D-Line has compensated in his absence and the only player not under contract from the rotation next year is Kevin Williams.