Re: KJ Wright Signs 4 year extension UPDATED WITH BREAKDOWN

pehawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1i1ecpso said:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/10/nfl-2015-salary-cap/20182157/

All the chicken littles might want to read this.

Yes, no one's giving thought out reasons for concerns, at all. Everyone is just chicken littles.

Knock it off. Be better. You're doing nothing to further thoughtful discussion. You suck.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
pehawk":249tybb2 said:
RunTheBall":249tybb2 said:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/10/nfl-2015-salary-cap/20182157/

Yes, no one's giving thought out reasons for concerns, at all. Everyone is just chicken littles.

Knock it off. Be better. You're doing nothing to further thoughtful discussion. You suck.
What a well thought out personal attack that was!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3l650f12 said:
RunTheBall":3l650f12 said:

Gotta say that .NET's rookie class this year isn't impressing just yet. Lots of flash, not as much substance. Normally, I wouldn't question Rock and Aros, but it's hard not to after seeing the results this season.

pehawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2ebkva2y said:
pehawk":2ebkva2y said:
RunTheBall":2ebkva2y said:

What a well thought out personal attack that was!

Yes it was a personal attack, but not any more than you're blatant ignorance is. You brought nothing to this discussion other than generalizations with snark. If you've noticed, I've happily pointed out actual contributions, even when they disagreed with me. You sir are part of the problem with this board. It's the chicken little type comments which drive away some insightful contributions.

Now, go tattle. I'd suggest Anguish or Kidhawk, they don't like me much and will give you a sympathetic ear.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Everyone worrying about what this deals means for guys like Wagner, Avril, and Irvin extentsion and whether or not we have the money to re-sign them should be more worried if...

Okung, Unger, and Miller will all be around here next year. That's like $15 mil in Cap if they are cut.

Another thing on Wright... it was an extentsion... so I'm thinking some of that money he'll receive upfront as part of a SB...

And is there any doubt this team would re-sign the players who've bought in since day 1 and contributed right away, and became a leader right away?

Chancellor, Thomas, Baldwin, Wright, Sherman, Wagner, Wilson , and Sweezy are part of that group from '10-'12.

Cartire

Reaction score
volsunghawk":d5qalgzt said:
pehawk":d5qalgzt said:
RunTheBall":d5qalgzt said:

Gotta say that .NET's rookie class this year isn't impressing just yet. Lots of flash, not as much substance. Normally, I wouldn't question Rock and Aros, but it's hard not to after seeing the results this season.

{slowclap}

On a side note, why dont we have an applause emoji?

grizbob

Reaction score
Since I've started cutting the koolaid with cheap vodka things are looking better than ever :179422:

And my stress level has dropped considerably :vodka:

lsheldon

Reaction score
Gametime":31tg5fed said:
Why is everyone discounting the assets of chemistry and attitude. We marvel at the beauty of the defense and it works like it does because of the unity and dedication to the craft of many of its members. The BEST teams in the history of sports had guys like K.J. that didn't really flash but were integral to the success of their organization.

Percy Harvin is gifted physically in ways that are unbelievable. You can't dispute his "flashy" ability to do the spectacular. But this team was much much better kicking his divisiveness to the curb. Read Pete's comments about K.J. It's not about flash, it's about fit. It's about will and heart and work ethic. They aren't necessarily buying stats but rather they are buying a known contributor and maybe in ways behind the scenes that we will never know about.

Why people would sit in wonder and high five the things this defense does and then be shocked at signing a member of that unit that the coaching staff and FO feel is key to it is beyond me. Yes there are guys that we still need to sign but I'm pretty sure that good ole JS knows how to use a calculator and this isn't his first rodeo. He and Pete are no doubt thinking 3-5 yrs down the road with every decision they make. It's what makes this era in Seahawks sports so special and important.

This machine wasn't built in a day by luck and it will take more than one signing to change that.

Chill. Grab a beer. Enjoy the moment people.

Congrats to a young man who just got paid. He earned it.

This sums it up for me perfectly. :13:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigcc":2cg8ni5q said:
Sgt. Largent":2cg8ni5q said:
Yeah Unger has two more years on his deal, and Okung's big cap hit was this year (11 M), so next year he's a bargain LT at 7M if you want him to play out his deal to prove he can stay healthy for a new deal............which I'd be fine with.

Miller's gone, I can't see Pete and John taking a 4M hit on his contract next year. He'll be in the Rice category of "if you wanna try and still play, come on back for training camp and we'll see what you got."

If they cut Miller they only save 3 Mil not 4, and even then for the value he provides theres absolutely no way you cut him. He's only 28 and do we really wanna have to really on moeaki or another draft pick?

That's what I meant by 4M hit, as in they keep him on his current contract. Yes, his dead cap hit would only be 1M.

I do not pay him 4M next year, no way in hell. I tear up Miller's contract and give him a low base with a ton of incentives. So if he does stay healthy he can still make 4M.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":222a8cnr said:
When I first heard about this contract today on the radio, it did make me pause and wonder if we overpaid. But afyter thinking about it for a while. Schneider is a top 3 Gm in this league, he helped build this team from scratch, and seems to be ahead of the curve in most cases. These guys are not going to cash strap themselves knowing who is coming up on free agency. This does tell me the writing is on the wall for Malcom Smith.

Anyone remember their first reaction when Kam got resigned a few years ago before we really hit his stride?

Schneider has been great overall, but the Harvin trade was the worst move in Seahawks history and one of the worst in NFL history. Harvin made millions of dollars per game played for us and did nothing, while costing us Tate + another player.

Schneider is not immune from making seriously horrible moves that hurt the team long-term.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":174zw0bh said:
Hawk_Nation":174zw0bh said:
When I first heard about this contract today on the radio, it did make me pause and wonder if we overpaid. But afyter thinking about it for a while. Schneider is a top 3 Gm in this league, he helped build this team from scratch, and seems to be ahead of the curve in most cases. These guys are not going to cash strap themselves knowing who is coming up on free agency. This does tell me the writing is on the wall for Malcom Smith.

Anyone remember their first reaction when Kam got resigned a few years ago before we really hit his stride?

Schneider has been great overall, but the Harvin trade was the worst move in Seahawks history and one of the worst in NFL history. Harvin made millions of dollars per game played for us and did nothing, while costing us Tate + another player.

Schneider is not immune from making seriously horrible moves that hurt the team long-term.

So hyperbole is your shtick, then?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
pehawk":1phqtaqp said:
I think this also means they think Marsh can take Avril's spot.
What happened? All your lording over other posters went away so soon huh?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1tfxpp1r said:
Scottemojo":1tfxpp1r said:
Now I think Avril walks, because that is a lot of cash to lock up in the defense without getting lopsided.
LOL

Oh look, RunTheBall is calling people out again.

At least these guys are having an opinion. How about you put your balls on the line once in a while and contribute something worthwhile?

I can now Christen my ignore list!

RunTheBall

Reaction score
kearly":1q4emwrz said:
It is a bummer though that this move will probably necessitate the loss of Cliff Avril. I don't think we're ready to move on from Avril yet. This move could also make it a challenge to pay Lynch in 2015 as well.
LOL

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Bprez3":fz4s5ogz said:
This extension all but solidifies that Maxwell, and Avril will not be returning next year.
People are just on fire right now

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
RunTheBall,
The idea is to call out stupid posts, not incorrect posts. Those stances that you were quoting weren't unreasonable even if they ultimately proved to be wrong.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1n6hz4lf said:
RunTheBall,
The idea is to call out stupid posts, not incorrect posts. Those stances that you were quoting weren't unreasonable even if they ultimately proved to be wrong.

Better to focus on the incorrect assumption that his deal is for 27 million (without waiting for the guaranteed money and structure) and comparisons to Von Miller's contract.