Question to non-49er fans

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Isn't the title of this thread "Question for non-49er fans"?
Yeah, that's what I thought. Yet they just can't resist, can they?

rideaducati

Reaction score
zifnab32":mcwldixi said:
I don't think I've ever met an Arizona or St. Louis fan in the wild. I was mostly convinced they were some kind of mythical creature.

I've met both rams fans.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1dguz9r6 said:
chris98251":1dguz9r6 said:
Marvin hey Marvin, get out of Popeyes skin :) I am stating a perspective that you can't see as a 49ers fan, thats ok, you can't stand in the house and see what everone else see's outside on the roof.

Yeah, it's just that --limiting to the parts of your post that were on topic -- 1) we disagree about if the 9ers were hated by fans of opposing teams in the late 80s and early 90s, 2) you have your history wrong in when the socioeconomic reputation of the 9ers fanbase changed.

A 9ers fan potentially having more insight into #2 is pretty obvious I'd guess, and as for #1, I'd say a 9ers fan of the time probably has better insights into what people were saying about the team back then than a fan of some random AFC team that spent the entire decade trying and failing to have a winning season. ;)

The niner fans going to the games changed once the niners started to suck. The ticket prices went down and the stick experience was awful.

As for knowing what people outside of frisco thought of the niners in the 80's and 90's, without internet someone in frisco wouldn't really know and there wasn't an internet yet. The niners were hated...still are.

The niners will be hated by me until they get to be like the curly horned goats and win 12 games in a decade...then they won't even cross my mind. Once the rams and cards get good and their myopic fans show up, I'll hate them too. It will be more fun talking ish with them because they have more than one comeback to everything.

Enjoy your two division titles from this decade because you niner fans won't be enjoying any for a while.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":2k3y5klq said:
Geez talk about not having a clue about history, we were the fastet expansion team to make the playoffs.

Sadly, not true. The 1979 Bucs made it to the NFC Championship Game with a 10-6 record where they lost to the 9-7 LA Rams 9-0. The Rams went on to lose Super Bowl XIV to the Steelers 31-19.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maulbert":tutlkjhc said:
chris98251":tutlkjhc said:
Geez talk about not having a clue about history, we were the fastet expansion team to make the playoffs.

Sadly, not true. The 1979 Bucs made it to the NFC Championship Game with a 10-6 record where they lost to the 9-7 LA Rams 9-0. The Rams went on to lose Super Bowl XIV to the Steelers 31-19.

I remember that. That was almost the end of the niners era known as the doormat era. Teams would routinely walk all over them. That era went on for almost four decades. When niner fan mentions history, they tend to leave this history out. I enjoy reminding them. How bad was that division if the Bucs made the playoffs?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":jy4b0hn1 said:
chris98251":jy4b0hn1 said:

You are correct. The Seahawks were however, the expansion team that was the fastest to post a winning record going 9-7 in their third season, 1978.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":30cmsw5e said:
Maulbert":30cmsw5e said:
chris98251":30cmsw5e said:

You are correct. The Seahawks were however, the expansion team that was the fastest to post a winning record going 9-7 in their third season, 1978.

Hey, I'm true blue Hawks fan, I would just rather have one of mine own point out a flawed argument before it was used as ammunition against me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
googoodan":3svzzpov said:
49ers fans bragging about 5 rings, to me, is like a single 35 year old man bragging about a girl he dated in high school.
BINGO!

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Maulbert":3f6iv6kk said:
I could do without Niner fans expecting me to kiss Harbaugh and Kaepernick's asses for stuff that Bill Walsh and Joe Montana did. Got nothing but respect for Joe Cool. Class act. When I see s**t like this:

WeveGot5

I just want to throw up. I thought it was really foolish for Jerry Rice to expect "Respect for the Rings" when almost no ties remain to those rings inside the organization. Niners haven't won jack squat in Santa Clara, or with this squad. Nothing but respect for Walsh, Montana, Rice, and Young. But the buck stops there.
Funny thing is... The parents of these kids who made them wear those shirts probably wasn't even born when the whiners won the first 4 superbowl. And probably was still too young and wetting their pants when the whiners won their last.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
BASF":3ggi7sdb said:
candyman4881":3ggi7sdb said:
Also, the 49ers and Rams are original NFC West teams as the Cardinals and Seahawks didn't come until 2002

The Seahawks started in the NFC West in 1976.

um I think you mean AFC West lmao

Vetamur

Reaction score
No. The Seahawks played one season in the NFC in 1976.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":2f5y939s said:
As for knowing what people outside of frisco thought of the niners in the 80's and 90's, without internet someone in frisco wouldn't really know and there wasn't an internet yet. The niners were hated...still are.

Oh, okay, so you agree with me. Was that accidental? :lol:

It's not like annoying 9ers fans were any less proudly smug of their franchises' storied history in the first decade of the 2Ks, it just that the team didn't pose a threat to anyone's team so nobody cared, just as it's not like annoying Hawks fans were any less whiny and riddled with an obnoxious victim complex before, people just take note of it now because the team poses a threat.

If you have a sustained period of success (which the Hawks might be having -- I think they'll at least need to make it to the NFCCG this year for the resentment to really foment) it's inevitable that general NFL fans will start talking about how obnoxious the fanbase and team is. See all the hatred for the Pats and their fans, the Yankees and their fans, the Red Sox and their fans right after they re-emerged, the Heat and their fans (until the big three broke up -- now nobody cares), the Lakers and their fans (until they fell, now suddenly nobody cares), etc., etc., etc.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Harbaugh... He has pricked at the Hawks and Pete Carroll ever since he became the head coach. Comments from players of both teams and our hate of Kaepernick leads us to a 3 year old rivalry which I hope never ends. I love having a team to hate.

I could care less about the 5 trophies, I was a closet/bandwagon fan mostly because I hated the Cowboys and you guys were always in their way. If anybody should loathe the Niners it's the Rams. I root for you guys against only one team... Dallas. Cardinals fans hate whoever is on top so their hatred for you ended last year..