Question to non-49er fans

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1k2cldl8 said:
Seanhawk":1k2cldl8 said:
Pure and simple, for me it's Kaepernick. I remember seeing an interview with him during the draft process, when the Hawks were in need of a future QB, and he was such a smug douchebag. I posted on here that if the Hawks took him, it would be the one thing that could test my fandom. I don't think I could have ever brought myself to cheer for him and his tiny, stupid head, with his big dumb ears tucked into his douchey flat bill cap.

Pre draft Kap?

Nah, I'm not buying that. There are videos of Kap even all the way up to late 2012 season as a starter where he doesn't come off annoying through the Harbaugh filter.

He's insecure and a bit immature but not a bad person.

I don't need you to buy it. From what I saw, he rubbed me the wrong way. Some people have gay-dar, I have douchebag-dar. I was wrong though. He's not a douchebag, he's a spectacular douchebag.

I really had no issue with the Niners prior to Kaep. I even remember "rooting" for the Niners in the Steve Young Super Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2zqufwra said:
Why? Is it the fans or is it the fact the SF was once a dynasty during the Walsh/Seifert years? I've actually never bothered reading many of the forums of opposing teams, but do niner fans somehow come across as more annoying online than other fans?

Aren't the most successful teams usually the most hated and have the most annoying fans that are always bringing up how many titles they've won when you're talking trash? No one hates the Jags, cause it's no fun to kick a loser when he's already down.

Also successful team's fans don't know how to handle adversity, so it's easy pickings when their team loses cause they freak out twice as much. As opposed to other fanbases that have lost forever, and therefore are cooler and less abrasive fans.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1mif2w75 said:
I can't speak for the Cards and Seahawks fans, and I know you said you can kind of understand the Rams but....really??

Niners and Rams have played 131 times and have been in the same division since 1950. Seattle and Arizona didn't join this division until 2002. So we're dealing with two very different types of hate here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/49ers%E2%80%93Rams_rivalry

SF only leads the all time series by 2 games....that would surprise some people given how bad the Rams have been since the GSOT ended. I would respectfully hate the Niners, like I do the Seahawks, if not for SOSAR and the 17 game winning streak of the 90s.

I'm only 28 - so I don't even remember that. But I live and breathe Rams football. Seeing highlights of it pisses me off.

So that's it for me (and almost all Ram fans).

I think the Hawks and Cards came into a division, which has to be a strange happening, and developed some dislike for the Rams and Niners first off. The Hawks rose quickly and probably didn't care much for the Niners....I've seen several Hawk fans mention the infamous 3 game sweep of 2004/2005, which included perhaps my favorite Ram game of all time (down by 17 with 6 minutes to play and won). The year prior we clenched the NFC West by defeating them in STL...but all this was short lived as in 2005 they ascended and we began a freefall that we wouldn't recover from until........2015 maybe??

Then over the past 4 years, lighter fluid has been thrown on the Niner/Hawk rivalry: Harbaugh/Carrol - didn't exactly like one another in the Pac 12. Sherman/Baldwin and Harbaugh - former players of his. Both teams being good, and having stout defenses and solid running games, as well as mobile QBs who have been compared endlessly.

And then the Cardinals - they probably still hate the Cowboys more than any team lol.

Good points.

If all things are even, I probably still hate the Rams more than any other division rival (due to that aforementioned 2004 season), with the 49ers a closing second. With that said, I also have a fair amount of hatred for the Cards, who always seemed to get lucky against us in Arizona. We'd force Kurt Warner into 5 turnovers in Seattle, and then Matt Leinart would torch us in AZ. Just no sense to it.

canfan

Reaction score
The blind arrogance of the fans. When the Seahawks first came back to the NFCW, the Rams were good. Then the Seahawks were good. Then the Cards were good. That brings us all the way to 09. Notice anybody missing? Yet all through the decade the 49er fans were apparently too stupid to notice that their glory days were behind them and continued to talk and act like they were the class of the division. I may have to edit this. I'm not sure if I am allowed to use "49er fan" and "class" in the same sentence. :eek:

the ditch

Reaction score
The fans are terrible it has been two decades since they won a championship but yet "kiss da ringz". Also, the eye test with Kaepernick makes him see like a narcissistic a hole, got them beats on, hat must be on a different angle each interview, stupid curt answers to questions, it's really easy to hate him and most people don't see any more than that.

And your coach is a hilarious baby on the sidelines literally throwing tantrums like a three year old, but I find that funny more then anything and will be the first coach to be fired with a 43-17-1 record because your owner is a 34 year old who got the keys to the car from mom and dad.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
RationalNiner":3ho13zkw said:
Why are we universally the most hated team of our division rivals? The Rams, I kind of understand, but even then, the battle of the west through some of the 2000s was mainly between the Rams and the Hawks. You ask a Rams fan and they mainly hate us. You ask a Seahawks fan, they generally us the most. You ask a cardinals fan and they generally hate us the most.

Why? Is it the fans or is it the fact the SF was once a dynasty during the Walsh/Seifert years? I've actually never bothered reading many of the forums of opposing teams, but do niner fans somehow come across as more annoying online than other fans?
It's Kaep, but mainly Harbaugh. He's a dick. And wierd. The Niners are like Darth Vador. If you were total losers it wouldn't work. Like a good supervillian, you have to be almost good enough to win it all, but then crap the bed right at the last moment. Thanx!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":s98dgt88 said:
Uncle Si":s98dgt88 said:
Marvin49":s98dgt88 said:
RationalNiner":s98dgt88 said:
Why are we universally the most hated team of our division rivals? The Rams, I kind of understand, but even then, the battle of the west through some of the 2000s was mainly between the Rams and the Hawks. You ask a Rams fan and they mainly hate us. You ask a Seahawks fan, they generally us the most. You ask a cardinals fan and they generally hate us the most.

Why? Is it the fans or is it the fact the SF was once a dynasty during the Walsh/Seifert years? Just curious why? I've actually never bothered reading many of the forums of opposing teams, but do niner fans somehow come across as more annoying online than other fans?

Speaking honestly (and I know you weren't directing it at me), I think its not the success they hate. Its 49er fans beating them over the head with that success from 20-30 years ago....especially the ones who weren't even fans when the team was winning.

I can't blame them. I hate that argument too...which is why I don't use it.

to be fair, sports fans have short term memory. i find it hard to believe that a fan hates the 9ers because of Joe Montana or Steve young or 5 super bowls or whatever.

They hate the 9ers because of Kaep and Harbaugh and the most recent success, just as much as many probably hate the Pats because of Brady more than Steve Grogan.

the Rams fell off the face of the earth after Holt, Bruce, Warner and Faulk. Ask any Seahawks fan and that team was universally the most hated for a good while.

Missed my point.

I don't think its the wins. I think its the fans that bring up the wins when they weren't even fans when the wins occurred.

I didnt miss your point. I highly doubt many people care all that much about the handful of fans that bring up trophies. the idea that the 9ers are "hated" comes from their team, the players, coach, etc.

youve done a nice job of keeping that going while your team struggles though.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I agree with most everyone - for me it's the 'net presence of the fans. Too much "cheater stadium, cheater refs, cheater bandwagon fans, kiss the rings" going on. Making fun of Kaep is just rivalry fun - like calling Elway a horse face back in the day. I think it's funny when people call Russell Wilson a running midget.

Not sure how long the rivalry can keep going if the Niners don't right the ship, though. If they suck it'll be like trying to have a rivalry between a cat and a mouse. It doesn't work.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3jxabo3t said:
I agree with most everyone - for me it's the 'net presence of the fans. Too much "cheater stadium, cheater refs, cheater bandwagon fans, kiss the rings" going on. Making fun of Kaep is just rivalry fun - like calling Elway a horse face back in the day. I think it's funny when people call Russell Wilson a running midget.

Not sure how long the rivalry can keep going if the Niners don't right the ship, though. If they suck it'll be like trying to have a rivalry between a cat and a mouse. It doesn't work.

Yeah...but I hear the second mouse is the one that always gets the cheese

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1gtfp889 said:
Marvin49":1gtfp889 said:
Uncle Si":1gtfp889 said:
Marvin49":1gtfp889 said:
Speaking honestly (and I know you weren't directing it at me), I think its not the success they hate. Its 49er fans beating them over the head with that success from 20-30 years ago....especially the ones who weren't even fans when the team was winning.

I can't blame them. I hate that argument too...which is why I don't use it.

to be fair, sports fans have short term memory. i find it hard to believe that a fan hates the 9ers because of Joe Montana or Steve young or 5 super bowls or whatever.

They hate the 9ers because of Kaep and Harbaugh and the most recent success, just as much as many probably hate the Pats because of Brady more than Steve Grogan.

the Rams fell off the face of the earth after Holt, Bruce, Warner and Faulk. Ask any Seahawks fan and that team was universally the most hated for a good while.

Missed my point.

I don't think its the wins. I think its the fans that bring up the wins when they weren't even fans when the wins occurred.

I didnt miss your point. I highly doubt many people care all that much about the handful of fans that bring up trophies. the idea that the 9ers are "hated" comes from their team, the players, coach, etc.

youve done a nice job of keeping that going while your team struggles though.

LOL. If you say so.

If I had a nickel for every time I was accused of bringing up "dusty trophies" even though I pretty much never do I'd be a rich, rich man. :)

I don't doubt people hate Harbaugh/Kaep, etc tho. I've seen the venom.

chris98251

Reaction score
Battle of the bay hate, 49ers use past history to justify being douches presently, Raiders never changed who they were under Davis, in your face nasty we don't care what anyone thinks, and they won, won with cast offs, won with rejects, won with attitude, won with the most penalties. Davis declined later on but from the 60's till I'll say early 2000's he was the Darth Vader of the NFL.

49ers don't have the Trophies to back up their talk in recent years, the old saying if you talk the talk you have to walk the walk. Now Harbaugh and Kaep arn't even talking.

You may have hated the Raiders, but they never pretended to be anything but the Silver and Black, 49ers on the other hand keep trying to push the good guy image but show douchbagery.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hate the niners because their fans have been saying the SAME EXACT THING for 20 years and haven't come up with any new smack. niner fans are that guy that tells the same joke EVERY TIME you see him after you first heard him tell the joke in 1994... Come up with some new material. I know it's hard because the niners suck now, but at least try.

I think most of us here have respect for what most niner fans daddy's niners did and absolutely zero respect for you and your whiney friends bragging about your daddy's niners. What makes it sad is that most of the idiot whiner fans that bring up the 5 old rings weren't even out of diapers when the last of the 5 old rings were won.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":walqke2b said:

It's not because of those players specifically, I admire the hell out of those players. It's the Niners fans using their past SB's like it's an end to the discussion.

Me: "Hawks just rolled your Niners like a hobo in the hot sun........in your stadium"
Niners fans: "5 SUPER BOWL WINS BITCH!"

Anyone can see how that's annoying as hell, and it's a cop out when talking about the current teams. But I understand, when your team's a mess and not as good as the other team you're debating with, you gotta cling onto the past like grim death.

chris98251

Reaction score
The rest of the NBA sucks we have a Trophy in Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":13sykaez said:
Seanhawk":13sykaez said:
Pure and simple, for me it's Kaepernick. I remember seeing an interview with him during the draft process, when the Hawks were in need of a future QB, and he was such a smug douchebag. I posted on here that if the Hawks took him, it would be the one thing that could test my fandom. I don't think I could have ever brought myself to cheer for him and his tiny, stupid head, with his big dumb ears tucked into his douchey flat bill cap.

Pre draft Kap?

Nah, I'm not buying that. There are videos of Kap even all the way up to late 2012 season as a starter where he doesn't come off annoying through the Harbaugh filter.

He's insecure and a bit immature but not a bad person.
I didn't like his attitude pre draft either.

chris98251

Reaction score
googoodan":1k42you7 said:
49ers fans bragging about 5 rings, to me, is like a single 35 year old man bragging about a girl he dated in high school.

If he's still hitting her and she looks good you can brag, now if she has went pie face and bon bon girl then well shud up :)

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
googoodan":w3oyjlz1 said:
49ers fans bragging about 5 rings, to me, is like a single 35 year old man bragging about a girl he dated in high school.

More like who his dad dated in high school.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":13pmwv68 said:
googoodan":13pmwv68 said:

More like who his dad dated in high school.

:th2thumbs: