Purely a "what if" we actually do it thread. Your plans?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Veilside":3pbgsw65 said:
If a parade does happen, traditionally when would it be exactly? I've seen mention of Tue but is that accurate? Just want to know so I can plan ahead and see it.
If I had a guess, Tuesday.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I will finally know what it's like to taste the ultimate victory for a team and a city I love. I will watch every news outlet I can, and read every newspaper there is while soaking it all in Seattle being at the center of the US's sports universe. I will take delight in knowing that there will be 1000s of super bowl commercials next year featuring the Hawks.

muxpux

Reaction score
i had initially planned to watch in seattle just for the post game celebration, but the NFCCG turned into a fiasco, i can only imagine how much worse it will be for this game, probably get together with a bunch of people locally and bask in the awesomeness, and try to get up to seattle for the parade.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Nope. I feel ya OP, but Nope. Not going to tempt fate by even thinking about it. All my juju and karma and whatever is focused on the week before. Whatever happenes afterward, happens.

But if anyone's planning anything big, keep a `nuck in mind, right? :)

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Already have tattoo designed all up going on my lower right wrist to fill more of my armsleeve i got going!!!! I draw all my tats so its one of kind

minormillikin

Reaction score
After we win I am going to vandalize my neighborhood, including turning over cars and breaking windows. Then, I think I will go looting.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Just please, please don't riot and trash your beautiful city, making you look like a-holes like these freaks in LA. Riots should arise out of protest, not celebration.

minormillikin

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":2irbl0z0 said:
Just please, please don't riot and trash your beautiful city, making you look like a-holes like these freaks in LA. Riots should arise out of protest, not celebration.

Unfortunately, the type of person who does that cannot read what you wrote.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I was able to get Saturday, Sunday AND Monday off so im going to be partying it up all weekend. Going to watch the game with my dad who has been a lifetime Seahawk fan and if they win we will be celebrating all night

minormillikin

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":6vufgr3n said:
I was able to get Saturday, Sunday AND Monday off so im going to be partying it up all weekend. Going to watch the game with my dad who has been a lifetime Seahawk fan and if they win we will be celebrating all night

This sounds like a good plan, particularly getting Monday off.

Shouldn't the Monday after the Super Bowl be a national holiday anyway?

irocdave

Reaction score
I have fireworks stashed from our 4th of July show ( big mortars). Lit one off Sunday, the remaining mortars are for the Hawks finally putting a Lombardi in the case. My parents, and two of my brothers will be over be over to watch the game. I plan on getting shitfaced when the hawks win. I will crawl in to work on Monday same as my crew will. I expect that we wont be the only people doing this and it will be understood.
What I will take ultimate pleasure in is my dad getting to see a Seattle team win a championship. He is the most negative passionate Seattle fan their is. He still watches all of the Mariners games. He loved the Sonics, always loved the Hawks but has been through more letdowns than any fan should. He always finds the negatives watching this version of Hawks and expects the worst. I feel bad about, but I scolded him twice during the NFCCG and he just sat their quite for the remainder of the game. I want to the Hawks to do it so that he can say he watched every minute of every game this team has played and felt like it was worth it. No letdown, no heartbreak just pure joy at the end and he got to watch a championship season for once. His time is limited in this world and I want him to know what it's like to trust something he cant control.

Along that same line, I have prodded my sons in to being Hawk fans. They will carry the torch forward.

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Take all my clothes off and run naked down the street!!! Although with the predicted highs next week of -7 that may not be the smartest choice. :mrgreen:

pmedic920

Reaction score
As I said in the other thread like this.
I have a pact to keep with a deceased buddy.
I'll be looking for a ink man/women for a tat. And I'll be ordering the jersey of our MVP.
GoHawks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, a cover up tat is LONG overdue and this will be the perfect occasion...

Shock2k

Reaction score
soje":ojd0j5u6 said:
To those of you who said you'd be calling out sick on Monday (or the parade day), could you please write down your names and the companies you work for? I just wanna make sure you're not one of mine.
:141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

Can you tell me where you work so I can tell all my really talented friends not to work for you.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
minormillikin":3m4wzlvg said:
WilsonMVP":3m4wzlvg said:

This sounds like a good plan, particularly getting Monday off.

Shouldn't the Monday after the Super Bowl be a national holiday anyway?

Or the NFL should seriously consider moving the Super Bowl to Saturday. Would really help with my hangover/work life balance.