Prediction for Power Rankings

CEHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think you can compare Denver to us right now. How can you possibly compare their schedule to ours? They've played three of the worst teams in the NFL this year and three of their four games were at home.... Three of the four teams we've played are potential playoff teams and two of those were away games. Well San Fran was a lot better before we blew their confidence and put 5 players on the injured list. Teams are also averaging 23.75 points per game against Denver, not good for the caliber of teams they are playing.

I agree I would like to see a more fluid offense for our Seahawks. I think Pete needs to take control of Bevell's playbook like he appeared to last year at mid season.

hawker84

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":30lj7i07 said:
yea, Denver is clearly the best team right now. They look unstoppable. They should be #1

I wouldn't go as far as to say they're the best team, i definitely think they have the best offense.. They are nowhere near the same level as Seattle on defense...

A

Anonymous

I agree with the OP and I'm fine with it.

I haven't looked at all the stats yet, but isn't Denver's defense giving up points? We can't get away from all the offensive/Manning love, but seems to me their D is suspect. Again, I may be mistaken.

Even though we gave up 20 yesterday, Our D is still the top unit.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Denver is dominating everyone; we are simply finding ways to win.

#1 should go to the Broncos.

However if it ends up being these two teams at the end, all bets are off. Hawks aren't just going to roll over and be dominated like that, no way.

KEWASTEES

Reaction score
Its funny but where are the other dominant teams? There are only 2 teams to literally fear this year.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":23504wg8 said:

However if it ends up being these two teams at the end, all bets are off. Hawks aren't just going to roll over and be dominated like that, no way.

They are dominating crap teams at home!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CEHawk":2m3tstyz said:
Hawknballs":2m3tstyz said:

They are dominating crap teams at home!

Seriously. The Giants have been blown out worse by Carolina and Kansas City already this season. Oakland is the second worst team in the NFL, and they put 21 on the Broncos. It's going to take more than dropping 50+ on Chip and his hurry up offense to blow me away.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really don't care about power rankings. Having said that, I do agree that Denver has had a cupcake schedule. The Ravens are not a bad team though. They did beat Houston. Just sayin....It isn't just about their schedule though, it's how they destroy teams. We have a long road ahead of us but I love the tenacity of this team. They win the games they have to. If and when we get healthy and fully loaded(Harvin). Look out Denver. They had better watch NE. They are scrapping out wins with undrafted FAs. Very dangerous team IMO.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
wow I can't believe my eyes. seriously? they haven't even had to come back from being down. they have played garbage teams. They have the easiest schedule. We were down 20-3 to have the other team, who was at home, not score a single point in 2 and 1/2 quarters. We destroyed the 49ers who went to the Superbowl last year. We aren't number 1? pff.

themunn

Reaction score
I'd be surprised at that, Seattle just came back from 17 points down against a playoff team on the road. Broncos have played 3 home games, and the road game was against 0-4 Giants, who have scored 7 points over their last 2 games combined.
It would be harsh to drop the Seahawks considering those things. I'm still not convinced by the Broncos.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
You can only play who is on your schedule. I'm not going to knock Denver for that. We played a cupcake too in the first week and needed some 4th quarter heroics to win. Until they show a human side, they're #1 to me.

plyka

Reaction score
keasley45":2pyft4it said:
E.C. Laloosh":2pyft4it said:
If anybody has SEA at #1 after the clinics Peyton has put on, they're either crazy or they're a SEA fan.

SEA fans are immune to my criticism on this, however.

I'd put the donkeys ahead of us too, but i'm getting soooo sick of all the swooning over Manning. They haven't beaten anyone. And yes, you can only play the schedule presented to you, but folks (the media) don't seem to be factoring that in when looking at what they've done. They've played the Ravens who are VERY suspect and are 2and2, the Raiders who are 1and3, the Giants (0and4), and the Eagles (1and3). That's a combined record of 4-12 (2 wins came from one team) against some of the poorest defenses in the league - yes, the Ravens D isnt all its cracked up to be. Is Manning having a great year? sure. But i'd be curious to see how well he does against a quality NFL defense who lays him on his ass a couple of times. I'm personally much more impressed with what the Patriots are doing.

Let's not underestimate the Ravens. They are a very good team. They destroyed this same Texan's team which looked on the verge of beating the Hawks, i think the score was 27-6. That said, Houston did destroy them in the first quarter, but were only up 6-0. Then came a pick-6 and a kick return for a TD for the Ravens. All that said, the Ravens are not pushovers. Still the Hawks have had the much tougher schedule. But yeah, Denver is #1 at this moment. But the Superbowl doesn't take place this weekend. The hawks must use this regular season to get their offense on some level closer to their defense.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Vpk0718":jrzbl62k said:
You can only play who is on your schedule. I'm not going to knock Denver for that. We played a cupcake too in the first week and needed some 4th quarter heroics to win. Until they show a human side, they're #1 to me.

Carolina is no cupcake. They blew out the Giants 38-0 in the last game they played.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1fsm71tt said:
I agree with the OP and I'm fine with it.

I haven't looked at all the stats yet, but isn't Denver's defense giving up points? We can't get away from all the offensive/Manning love, but seems to me their D is suspect. Again, I may be mistaken.

Even though we gave up 20 yesterday, Our D is still the top unit.

They are getting Champ Bailey and Von Miller back. Don't count out their D yet. They have had the same types of issues that we have had (with some big players on the shelf early in the year).

CEHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3mlmse9l said:
Vpk0718":3mlmse9l said:

Carolina is no cupcake. They blew out the Giants 38-0 in the last game they played.

^^ That.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Denver has to be #1. Manning and his offense is rediculous. 16TD/0INT? That's just crazy after four games. Their defense may not be elite, but they are good enough to keep teams from matching touchdown to touchdown with Peyton, which is all they really need, and Von Miller and Champ Bailey are coming back soon. Their schedule is also weak, which may help in running a perfect regular season, giving them HFA and a track to the Super Bowl (and a loss to our Hawks).

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":dt2ffdq7 said:
Vpk0718":dt2ffdq7 said:

Who can't blow out the Giants?

CEHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":mj0kuaup said:
DavidSeven":mj0kuaup said:
Vpk0718":mj0kuaup said:

The Giants scored 23 points against Denver, they scored 0 against Carolina.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CEHawk":3g4ci5ca said:
kidhawk":3g4ci5ca said:
DavidSeven":3g4ci5ca said:
Vpk0718":3g4ci5ca said:

The Giants scored 23 points against Denver, they scored 0 against Carolina.

Jags scored 17 against us and only 3 against Indy? Your point?

Each week is a different circumstance in the NFL. The Broncos still beat the Giants by 18 points. We still blew out the Jaguars when we beat them. Sometimes you get to scoring so much that defenses have small lapses and give up meaningliess points. That doesn't mean one team is better than the other

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Well what are we ranking off of? perception of better team? or actual accomplishments?

Perception of better team, fine Broncos got it, there's no doubting that.

Actual accomplishments up to this point: Seahawks

both undefeated, Seahawks big wins over SF (#1 at time), and Texans (#13 last week)

Broncos big wins: Ravens (#8 at time) and Giants (#16 at time).

#1 or #2, I'll be happy with either, as long as we're above the Niners.

Latest posts