NFL.com Week 4 Power Rankings

RedAlice

Reaction score
Because you got bent over by a really bad Bengal team and we had many injuries week 1 so let’s keep everything in perspective lady. Also it was week 1. The Rams are an 8 win team maybe 9. Hawks are a shoe in for the playoffs

Lol. I was applying his logic.

Keep your pantaloons all unscrunched dude.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Fact is we're 3-1 and the lambs are 2-2, and that's the only number that matters.

Fact is I was responding to a fact about being the better team because you beat someone in THEIR HOUSE.

By that logic, Rams are better than Hawks.

Wasn’t my fact, was the fact you posted.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Fact is I was responding to a fact about being the better team because you beat someone in THEIR HOUSE.

By that logic, Rams are better than Hawks.

Wasn’t my fact, was the fact you posted.
How do you not understand that both the Lions and Seahawks are 3-1?

Third place in the division. If you were 3-1 as well I might agree, but you're not.

RedAlice

Reaction score
How do you not understand that both the Lions and Seahawks are 3-1?

How do you not understand the one fact that you stated is the one fact I am responding about?

To the further point tho, Lions are currently a more complete team than the Hawks are right now and should be ranked higher.

themunn

Reaction score
I don't really agree with it, but the Lions do have 2 statement wins - against the Chiefs at Arrowhead and Packers at Lambeau (even if the Packers do suck now), while we only have one - against the Lions to be fair.

Given we only play fodder teams for next few weeks it will be some time before we can get that 2nd statement win (in 2013 it wasn't until we beat the Saints and went 11-1 that we finally got our dues).

Our next 6 games are all winnable which would take us to 9-1, but unless we beat the Niners to go 10-1 everyone will still doubt us. That's the statement win we need

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't really agree with it, but the Lions do have 2 statement wins - against the Chiefs at Arrowhead and Packers at Lambeau (even if the Packers do suck now), while we only have one - against the Lions to be fair.

Given we only play fodder teams for next few weeks it will be some time before we can get that 2nd statement win (in 2013 it wasn't until we beat the Saints and went 11-1 that we finally got our dues).

Our next 6 games are all winnable which would take us to 9-1, but unless we beat the Niners to go 10-1 everyone will still doubt us. That's the statement win we need
You rationalize why the Lions should be regarded higher, and then remark that "everyone" will still doubt us after some success.

You know why "everyone" will still doubt us? Because our own fans, like you, doubt us. You can't have it both ways. You can't concede to being marginalized by the national punditry and then complain after they have agreed with your concession.

It reminds me of "fans" that give reasoned arguments on why former Seahawks are not qualified for the Hall of Fame or that current players are not qualified for the pro bowl. It's a beauty contest for cripes sake. There is no counter logic for a popularity contest. It is why players like Riq Woolen or Ken Walker get snubbed at the national level for ROY. It is why the crummy coach for the Giants gets an award that Pete Carrol deserved instead. WE ENCOURAGE IT. We give "reasoned" arguments for it. We spend hours trying to redefine "comeback player" instead of learning how to just accept it and say; "well deserved". It won't be long until we start to concede Spoon's award to someone else as well. Thanks for providing ammunition for others to swipe accolades and recognition from Seahawks players. Sheesh. Some "fan". I have an idea. Let's try sticking up for our own players and own team.

Last edited:

themunn

Reaction score
You rationalize why the Lions should be regarded higher, and then remark that "everyone" will still doubt us after some success.

You know why "everyone" will still doubt us? Because our own fans, like you, doubt us. You can't have it both ways. You can't concede to being marginalized by the national punditry and then complain after they have agreed with your concession.

It reminds me of "fans" that give reasoned arguments on why former Seahawks are not qualified for the Hall of Fame or that current players are not qualified for the pro bowl. It's a beauty contest for cripes sake. There is no counter logic for a popularity contest. It is why players like Riq Woolen or Ken Walker get snubbed at the national level for ROY. It is why the crummy coach for the Giants gets an award that Pete Carrol deserved instead. WE ENCOURAGE IT. It won't be long until we start to concede Spoon's award to someone else as well. Thanks for providing ammunition for others to swipe accolades and recognition from Seahawks players. Sheesh. Some "fan". I have an idea. Let's try sticking up for our own players and own team.

I don't doubt us - I go into every season thinking we'll go undefeated. Now I think we'll go 16-1.

But ultimately, the Lions have gone 11-3 in their last 14 games, which includes 2 wins at Lambeau and a win at Arrowhead against the defending superbowl champs. Yes we beat them, but we've also gone 6-6 in our last 12 games, that includes 4 losses to teams that finished last season with a losing record.

I believe we were better last year than our record showed and that our current 3 game win streak is indicative of our true strength, but it will take longer than that to convince neutral observers. As a top 10 or top 5 team we should be expected to win 80% of game against teams with losing records (there's always the occasional upset - Washington just took the Eagles to OT for example) - it's plausible that our next 5 opponents all finish this season with losing records or thereabouts, so we *should* go 4-1 and get ourselves to at least 7-2 going into the 49ers game, maybe even 8-1 - but if we don't win that nobody outside of our own fans will believe we are good enough to win the Superbowl (which we are).

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
At the end of the day I don’t give a hoot about rankings. We beat the Lions last year on the field and we did it again this year, both games at their house, so don’t give me this “Lions deserve the playoffs” bullshit if it comes down to a tie breaker again. Everything is earned in this league not given. I like that everyone is sleeping on us. I doubt they will when we destroy the Bengals in 2 weeks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like that everyone is sleeping on us. I doubt they will when we destroy the Bengals in 2 weeks

Mmmmm, pretty sure they still will.

It will be the usual recipe: 10 minute segment of "Bengals are clearly struggling right now, just not very good, Burrow's injury, Chubb being out..."

And the last 10 seconds will be: "Oh yeah, the Seahawks won apparently, I guess. Whatever. Next up! 49ERS and COWBOYS CIRCLE JERK! Back in 30 seconds!!"

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Well other than power rankings, we're apt to be ignored by the media on the bye week otherwise. Happens to every team on bye...

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Mmmmm, pretty sure they still will.

It will be the usual recipe: 10 minute segment of "Bengals are clearly struggling right now, just not very good, Burrow's injury, Chubb being out..."

Do you mean the running back Nick Chubb, who recently sustained a nasty injury and is out for the rest of the season? He is under contract with the Browns, not the Bengals.

And the last 10 seconds will be: "Oh yeah, the Seahawks won apparently, I guess. Whatever. Next up! 49ERS and COWBOYS CIRCLE JERK! Back in 30 seconds!!"

That kind of stuff used to bother me a lot. When I was on the Seahawks fan site with the silly name (I left in 2020 and came here), I would lament being a fan of a team from "South Alaska" and having to endure the way mediots treated the team.
Now I don't let popularity contests like "power rankings" (or PFF grades, which are the same thing) bother me. I wish I could say it's something I actively sought to change about myself and managed to change, but it's not. I have no idea why those things don't bother me as much now. They just don't. 🤷‍♂️

Mind you, I still really dislike Troy Aikman and Joe (Dum)B(f)uck, but I dislike them even when the game they're ruining doesn't involve the Seahawks. I do notice the way they treat Seahawks success as failure by the other team and that they fail to understand basic things about the Seahawks in a way that makes it look like they're doing it intentionally, because it seems like nobody with the kind of access they have could be that ignorant, but it still just doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Monday night, I was trying to focus on the game, so my computer was in sleep mode, but there was a time just a few years ago when I would have fired it up and posted angry comments about the way the announcers were slighting the Seahawks. Instead, I just chuckled and shook my head.

evergreen

Reaction score
The whole national mediat response to the game was what a horrible contract the Daniel Jones contract was and to a lesser extent how badly beat up their O line is. When the Cowboys played them it was how fantastic the 'boys D is. When the 9ers played them it was how unstoppable the 9ers O is. What ever.

Jac

Reaction score
I used to like power rankings when it was a fresh concept by Dr. Z. Then I quit caring after realizing how much mental energy I was wasting getting worked up about Prisco's power rankings (years worth). I came across this when I just googled Dr. Z's power rankings. The last ranking before Brady took over (and the Seahawks are on this screen cap to keep it topical and all).

3E4ivMQ