Post Russell Wilson era

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I still think that we missed the boat to trade Wilson last off season, he trade value was at its peak. My rationale then was the risk of an injury or subpar season, he trade value will drop a bit. So far, almost 1/3 of the season in, Wilson has been good on stuffs that he has always been good, but I will argue the new offense haven't elevate him to new height. And yes, he is injured.

I do agree that Wilson is a generational player, the best QB we ever had, a true franchise QB. Wilson wants a change of scenario, and he earned it. For the Hawks, all the draft picks for trading Wilson may not make us a better team. But probably a better team than having an unhappy QB.

Fade

Reaction score
toffee":3e2kwgxj said:
I still think that we missed the boat to trade Wilson last off season, he trade value was at its peak. My rationale then was the risk of an injury or subpar season, he trade value will drop a bit. So far, almost 1/3 of the season in, Wilson has been good on stuffs that he has always been good, but I will argue the new offense haven't elevate him to new height. And yes, he is injured.

I do agree that Wilson is a generational player, the best QB we ever had, a true franchise QB. Wilson wants a change of scenario, and he earned it. For the Hawks, all the draft picks for trading Wilson may not make us a better team. But probably a better team than having an unhappy QB.

With Pete still here you might as well flush those picks down the toilet. That cannot rebuild properly until Pete is gone. With or without Wilson.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I guess know we'll find out if the Seahawks were winning because of Pete's masterful coaching job or Wilson. I'm thinking more along the lines of latter since Pete boasted 7-9 seasons before Wilson era. Let's see how Pete does with Geno at the helm. I don't think he will be no better than T-Jack did (except they had a better defense then than now).

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am resurrecting this old thread for bro John63. This thread was created in March 2021, a full year before Wilson was traded, here John ably defended Russ. Boy I miss John :)

BASF

Reaction score
I am resurrecting this old thread for bro John63. This thread was created in March 2021, a full year before Wilson was traded, here John ably defended Russ. Boy I miss John :)
I have always believed that John was one who Wilson visited in a hospital and I believe he has passed away. Can we let the man rest in peace?

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Interesting to see how many were so off given the actual outcome.
I admit I was a "staunch" supporter of RW before everything came out...I referenced comments from him that I cited as "clear" indicators he was "staying". With RW gone I "championed" Drew Lock when I felt John Schneider "wanted him" in our trade...lotsa "crow" to eat as I'm now fully onboard with Geno looking like a true "gunslinger" QB just not as reckless as I had assumed.

Fade

Reaction score
Interesting to see how many were so off given the actual outcome.
Geno Smith playing like a Pro-Bowler changes the equation entirely. (Which no one anticipated. His biggest proponents had him as a solid starter, and a nice bridge QB, but not this.)

If you were to keep everything the same, but instead they get mediocre to bad QB play in 2022, they would've had one of the worst records in league, and the prospect of being contenders is years away. Pete's on the hot seat, and things are looking grim.

That is the impact Geno Smith had.

Trading Wilson for a haul, and not having a drop-off at the position is a real coo, And is what is making the rebuild seem so effortless.

The Seahawks are eating their cake and having it too.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Geno Smith playing like a Pro-Bowler changes the equation entirely. (Which no one anticipated. His biggest proponents had him as a solid starter, and a nice bridge QB, but not this.)

If you were to keep everything the same, but instead they get mediocre to bad QB play in 2022, they would've had one of the worst records in league, and the prospect of being contenders is years away. Pete's on the hot seat, and things are looking grim.

That is the impact Geno Smith had.

Trading Wilson for a haul, and not having a drop-off at the position is a real coo, And is what is making the rebuild seem so effortless.

The Seahawks are eating their cake and having it too.
For trading away super stars, i am totally with Bill Walsh, he famously said that he rather trade a star a year or two too early than a year or two too late.

Latest posts