OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":uhhjh3ro said:
John63":uhhjh3ro said:
toffee":uhhjh3ro said:
Fade":uhhjh3ro said:
Pete will change the players and coaches who fail to execute his philosophy and those that do not fall in line. The philosophy stays the same. We've seen it time and time again. So changes will be made, just not to the philosophy itself.
Agree with the Philosophy, so three paths:

1. Fire Pete keep Russ, I am ok with it but who do we hire and what make us think Russ won't pull a no confidence on the new coaches after a year or two?

2. Keep Pete trade Russ, we will suck like 6-10, 8-8 kind of suck. But we might also get lucky in drafting a good QB, Pete and John did drooled over Allen and Mahomes.

3. Keep both, we will at best have another first round playoff and out season then the same saga again next off season only Russ's trade value will be lower and that risk of injury.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

"1. Fire Pete keep Russ, I am ok with it but who do we hire and what make us think Russ won't pull a no confidence on the new coaches after a year or two?" well for one he did everything he could to handle this internally, and for 2 one would presume he would have a say in the new coach

Jody or Vulcan with Jody's support will have a consultant or multiple one's brought in, they will put together list if Schneider is kept he may get promoted in some way also.

Then they will widdle it down and see whats what, Wilson will be a selling point if here, not part of the negotiations.
Jody would have to be quite mad to get a player pick his own coach. In NBA with five on the floor perhaps, not in NFL. Nevertheless Jody would have to be quite brave to keep Russ, someone who uses his media army against his coaches, the same someone who aim to own a NFL franchise.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't know what's going to happen at this point. What i do know is i'm disgusted with Wilson for doing this a year after he gets paid . He's done nothing but weaken the franchise with these leaks. Maybe it's time to get the little man out. He's a great QB but he's poisoned the well thanks alot Russ well done you idiot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
How is this Wilson's fault>?

He warned everyone last year.

What happened later? The team extended Pete, cementing his power for years.

Of course Wilson had to ratchet it up.

He was completely justified.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":gbot9mdz said:
Do you remember the Seahawks before Wilson left?

That is the future.

Imagine a future where we continue to blow 1st round picks, but cannot pull games out in the 4th quarter anymore.

(But we have a lot of really, REALLY, great excuses for why we shouldn't expect to win as much now. 'He just needs more TIME'...will be the rallying cry of the Pete apologists. Get ready for it.)

The best analogy is right after Holmgren left.

That is the future and it isn't great.

But we had years of tremendous winning football we enjoyed and near a decade with a HOF QB. We just squandered a lot of those years with stupid coaching in the playoffs. Still, without Carroll we never achieve those heights. Just a bummer keeping him too long means basically peeing in our own well.

You can still root for Wilson as he leads the Bears/Jets/Raiders (please not the Raiders) to playoff wins. He is a hell of a QB no matter which side of the field you are watching from.

We will probably see an exodus of players like Bobby Wagner who get to play for contenders again. Metcalf is perhaps tagged for one year but likely traded, no way DK re-ups and stays.

Carroll will probably rack up endorsements for Centrum Silver, Depends, and Ensure as he leads us 4-6 win seasons until we get rid of him in 3-4 years. (Maybe rename CenturyLink to HoverRound/LifeAlert stadium?)
I know. It’s all Pete’s fault. He shouldn’t have taken baby steps with Wilson and should have called out his mistakes when watching film. He created the Wilson drama. By not making him humble. I’m sure Wilson takes zero blame for missing receivers and for not seeing the field at times. It’s all Pete’s fault.

Maybe things would have been diff if we listened to the veterans telling us Pete treats Wilson with baby gloves. But we didn’t and here we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkinNY":1iaxyu2h said:
TwistedHusky":1iaxyu2h said:

That is the future.

Imagine a future where we continue to blow 1st round picks, but cannot pull games out in the 4th quarter anymore.

(But we have a lot of really, REALLY, great excuses for why we shouldn't expect to win as much now. 'He just needs more TIME'...will be the rallying cry of the Pete apologists. Get ready for it.)

But we had years of tremendous winning football we enjoyed and near a decade with a HOF QB. We just squandered a lot of those years with stupid coaching in the playoffs. Still, without Carroll we never achieve those heights. Just a bummer keeping him too long means basically peeing in our own well.

You can still root for Wilson as he leads the Bears/Jets/Raiders (please not the Raiders) to playoff wins. He is a hell of a QB no matter which side of the field you are watching from.

We will probably see an exodus of players like Bobby Wagner who get to play for contenders again. Metcalf is perhaps tagged for one year but likely traded, no way DK re-ups and stays.

Carroll will probably rack up endorsements for Centrum Silver, Depends, and Ensure as he leads us 4-6 win seasons until we get rid of him in 3-4 years. (Maybe rename CenturyLink to HoverRound/LifeAlert stadium?)
I know. It’s all Pete’s fault. He shouldn’t have taken baby steps with Wilson and should have called out his mistakes when watching film. He created the Wilson drama. By not making him humble. I’m sure Wilson takes zero blame for missing receivers and for not seeing the field at times. It’s all Pete’s fault.

Maybe things would have been diff if we listened to the veterans telling us Pete treats Wilson with baby gloves. But we didn’t and here we are.

Highlighted part if he is here somehow isn't going to continue, you want to play the game he is playing he is going to have to deal with the other side as well.

Big boy pants are now your Normal.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":23d86jvx said:
HawkinNY":23d86jvx said:
TwistedHusky":23d86jvx said:

That is the future.

Highlighted part if he is here somehow isn't going to continue, you want to play the game he is playing he is going to have to deal with the other side as well.

Big boy pants are now your Normal.
In this post Wilson era, 12s could start whispering that our Russ was a little different. From thin skin, to "go Hawks", to ... as you once joked, wife swapping or basically no buds on the super bowl teams. Pete saw Wilson's talent and gift, he did the best to handle him.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This is on Wilson Pete didn't create this problem Wilson has. The mistake is on Ownership for giving Pete a 5 year extension. Pete just wants to win so does Wilson they need to get in a room and resolve this or trade him .

Make no mistake though they didn't trade Rogers in GB when they were having problems they fired the coach. Ownership has boxed themselves in with the Pete, John extensions so now there going to have to eat a huge contract trade Wilson or go into next season as is. Maybe we make the playoffs maybe not but the Seahawks are not winning the Division this upcoming season not after this BS.

Wilson has killed the golden goose the moron now we just have to hope the relationship can be mended or that John and Pete can pull off another great QB decision in the draft after they trade him.

I'll finish with this i'd like to see them mend the relationship but i'm not sure that's possible anymore . Right now if you look at our playoff record with Wilson since the Super Bowl. It does not impress. The team has gotten stale . Maybe it's time to rebuild. Were not winning the division next year we'll be wild card team at best one and done again and Wilson will be right back at it.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1zebgfyf said:
This is on Wilson Pete didn't create this problem Wilson has. The mistake is on Ownership for giving Pete a 5 year extension. Pete just wants to win so does Wilson they need to get in a room and resolve this or trade him .

Make no mistake though they didn't trade Rogers in GB when they were having problems they fired the coach. Ownership has boxed themselves in with the Pete, John extensions so now there going to have to eat a huge contract trade Wilson or go into next season as is. Maybe we make the playoffs maybe not but the Seahawks are not winning the Division this upcoming season not after this BS.

Wilson has killed the golden goose the moron now we just have to hope the relationship can be mended or that John and Pete can pull off another great QB decision in the draft after they trade him.

I'll finish with this i'd like to see them mend the relationship but i'm not sure that's possible anymore . Right now if you look at our playoff record with Wilson since the Super Bowl. It does not impress. The team has gotten stale . Maybe it's time to rebuild. Were not winning the division next year we'll be wild card team at best one and done again and Wilson will be right back at it.

Drafts have a lot to do with it! I don’t mean bad draft pick decisions but lack of over all talent in the drafts. You can see talent has been increasing with WR’s and now QB’s. You gotta zig when zigging is good and zag when zagging is good.

RW isn’t playing good, Bobby still a stud but no longer able to compensate for poor Will LB, DL & Safety play, Lockett has lost his value due to the new kick off rules and is a heart beat away from a career ending injury, and Duane Brown is slowly dropping out of the high performance level.

If we can change out these guys for better players we are back in the game!

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2f45fcwc said:

Sorry but disagree. This is on both of them. PC for blowing Wilson off when he tried to handle this internally and Wilson for taking it externally instead of trying internally again.

As to playoff record yeah not the best, but you have to get there first and guess what no one has won more games in their first 9 years then Wilson.

As to playoffs well he has a better playoff winning percentage minus SB than Brees and Rodgers. He is top 10 in QB rating in the playoffs even higher than Brady.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
John63":3vc9hvks said:
Northwest Seahawk":3vc9hvks said:

Sorry but disagree. This is on both of them. PC for blowing Wilson off when he tried to handle this internally and Wilson for taking it externally instead of trying internally again.

As to playoff record yeah not the best, but you have to get there first and guess what no one has won more games in their first 9 years then Wilson.

As to playoffs well he has a better playoff winning percentage minus SB than Brees and Rodgers. He is top 10 in QB rating in the playoffs even higher than Brady.

I believe John & Pete did it purposely because they believe as I do RW’s play has deteriorated! In my mind it was ruthless and it probably is some of the reasons Russ threw bad passes in the playoffs! RW has lost his way causing Pete & John to handle it this way. RW is no match for Pete, John, and the Seahawk Franchise it never was a fair fight. They put Russ through the ringer during the regular season to make sure their analysis is correct.

As a fan I’m sitting here watching it unfold part of me likes it and part of me hates it. I know they got a plan and I’m sure it’s going to work. I’m going to have to pray and ask forgiveness as I root for Russ to crap it up on his new team so our draft picks will be of high value. It’s a ruthless thing we’re doing here even though Russ & Ciara brought it unto themselves they’re just misinformed kids and were crushing them for Seahawk football.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3nd0yaf6 said:
John63":3nd0yaf6 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3nd0yaf6 said:

I believe John & Pete did it purposely because they believe as I do RW’s play has deteriorated! In my mind it was ruthless and it probably is some of the reasons Russ threw bad passes in the playoffs! RW has lost his way causing Pete & John to handle it this way. RW is no match for Pete, John, and the Seahawk Franchise it never was a fair fight. They put Russ through the ringer during the regular season to make sure their analysis is correct.

As a fan I’m sitting here watching it unfold part of me likes it and part of me hates it. I know they got a plan and I’m sure it’s going to work. I’m going to have to pray and ask forgiveness as I root for Russ to crap it up on his new team so our draft picks will be of high value. It’s a ruthless thing we’re doing here even though Russ & Ciara brought it unto themselves they’re just misinformed kids and were crushing them for Seahawk football.
If Russ's plan was to force Jody to fire Pete, or to have Johnny rebel against Pete, we haven't seen any indication that it's working.

If Russ's plan was to force a trade, it's working 75%, as Cowboy wasn't interested and passed on him.

What his plans have achieved so far? Pissed of his OL, Seahawks' new OC and part of his fan base.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
However, if Wilson's plan was to:

- Highlight his brand and keep him in the spotlight as a HOF QB
- Get credit for almost the entire Seahawk run of success
- Pile almost all the failure onto Pete
- Set himself up for success elsewhere as he leaves a smoldering crater behind him
- Look like the good guy in all this

Then it is working perfectly. Because those are all the talking points in almost every media outlet now.

If you are on Team 3 you couldn't be happier right now. He was almost certainly stuck for another year anyway and he might end up on the Bears with a good chance to do what Brady did with the Bucs. (Probably a year away)

Pete is going to get blamed for every missed opportunity in the playoffs involving Wilson.

And Wilson is getting tons of exposure while looking like he was the good soldier the entire time and had no choice but to say something after years of trying to fix it from inside.

You couldn't ask for a better outcome for Wilson unless you literally wanted to handpick the place you are traded.

And bonus, most Seattle fans will probably love him and root for him after he leaves.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1xh55qf8 said:
John63":1xh55qf8 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1xh55qf8 said:

Well for one you can't prove anything you say, and for 2 the stats say otherwise.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":19o9oecg said:
FresnoHawk68":19o9oecg said:
John63":19o9oecg said:
Northwest Seahawk":19o9oecg said:

If Russ's plan was to force Jody to fire Pete, or to have Johnny rebel against Pete, we haven't seen any indication that it's working.

If Russ's plan was to force a trade, it's working 75%, as Cowboy wasn't interested and passed on him.

What his plans have achieved so far? Pissed of his OL, Seahawks' new OC and part of his fan base.

Again don't know if it pissed of the oline you are assuming given he did not call them out. Also, you don't know if his new OC is pissed off and as to fans guess what those that are pissed at him were pissed before this and will be pissed not matter what he does.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jes6jjk3 said:

- Set himself up for success elsewhere as he leaves a smoldering crater behind him

Then it is working perfectly. Because those are all the talking points in almost every media outlet now.

If you are on Team 3 you couldn't be happier right now. He was almost certainly stuck for another year anyway and he might end up on the Bears with a good chance to do what Brady did with the Bucs. (Probably a year away)

Pete is going to get blamed for every missed opportunity in the playoffs involving Wilson.

And Wilson is getting tons of exposure while looking like he was the good soldier the entire time and had no choice but to say something after years of trying to fix it from inside.

You couldn't ask for a better outcome for Wilson unless you literally wanted to handpick the place you are traded.

And bonus, most Seattle fans will probably love him and root for him after he leaves.

Agreed what some here are forgetting is he has tried to express his feelings and was dismissed. Other players have said things, former players have said things relating to the same things Wilson is complaining about. SO this is not like its just him.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
John63":19junyn3 said:
TwistedHusky":19junyn3 said:

Agreed what some here are forgetting is he has tried to express his feelings and was dismissed. Other players have said things, former players have said things relating to the same things Wilson is complaining about. SO this is not like its just him.
Regardless how we get here, we are still in post Wilson era.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we have to lose Wilson and get stuck with Grandpa instead, at least it will be entertaining.

Because I expect this drip campaign of constant leaks and bad takes about our coaching staff from the inside will continue all next season.

That will actually be fun in a dark way.

Pete is going to be dragged from now on until the day Wilson ends up wherever else he goes.

Since his number one thing is protecting the team and keeping everything in-house this is going to drive him crazy.

I will enjoy it, if we have to turn into a bottom-feeder at least the road there can be entertaining.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":27vu7flv said:
If we have to lose Wilson and get stuck with Grandpa instead, at least it will be entertaining.

Because I expect this drip campaign of constant leaks and bad takes about our coaching staff from the inside will continue all next season.

That will actually be fun in a dark way.

Pete is going to be dragged from now on until the day Wilson ends up wherever else he goes.

Since his number one thing is protecting the team and keeping everything in-house this is going to drive him crazy.

I will enjoy it, if we have to turn into a bottom-feeder at least the road there can be entertaining.
Make no mistake, we won't have a QB of Wilson's calibre this season. Our record will drop, may be by quite a bit, we shall not enjoy the first round and out in playoff.

chris98251

Reaction score
So if your Pete, which way do you go if Wilson ends up here still.

Placate his desires and let the OC who has got to be hogtied due to all the drama about what he wanted to do run a Ram Offense here, initially, I am sure there were suppose to be some interviews and such and collaborative things with Wilson, it's kind of how Pete and the Seahawks like to do things.

Stick to his guns nd not be swayed by a player knowing that Wilson will most likely be gone next season, also do you start to give your depth QB's reps during games to get them prepared ?

If the second choice is made with few Draft picks this year it will be a toss away season with dissention elevated all year and maybe more rifts created as the year progresses with other players. Sort of a mutiny by the end of next year where if Wilson goes many impact players may as well.

Sac

Reaction score
I swear to all that is holy if PC's ego and stubbornness runs Russ out of town I'll be ******* livid.

This whole situation blows.

Latest posts