Post Russell Wilson era

Fade

Reaction score
I will keep typing this until it gets rammed into those that have thick skulls. They aren't trading Wilson unless they get a good QB in return for the next 2 years, as the Jets own Seattle's 1st round picks. They can't rebuild properly. Pete would be the laughing stock of the league if he did that.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3p7kd6ol said:
John63":3p7kd6ol said:
TwistedHusky":3p7kd6ol said:
However, if Wilson's plan was to:

- Highlight his brand and keep him in the spotlight as a HOF QB
- Get credit for almost the entire Seahawk run of success
- Pile almost all the failure onto Pete
- Set himself up for success elsewhere as he leaves a smoldering crater behind him
- Look like the good guy in all this

Then it is working perfectly. Because those are all the talking points in almost every media outlet now.

If you are on Team 3 you couldn't be happier right now. He was almost certainly stuck for another year anyway and he might end up on the Bears with a good chance to do what Brady did with the Bucs. (Probably a year away)

Pete is going to get blamed for every missed opportunity in the playoffs involving Wilson.

And Wilson is getting tons of exposure while looking like he was the good soldier the entire time and had no choice but to say something after years of trying to fix it from inside.

You couldn't ask for a better outcome for Wilson unless you literally wanted to handpick the place you are traded.

And bonus, most Seattle fans will probably love him and root for him after he leaves.

Agreed what some here are forgetting is he has tried to express his feelings and was dismissed. Other players have said things, former players have said things relating to the same things Wilson is complaining about. SO this is not like its just him.
Regardless how we get here, we are still in post Wilson era.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sorry we are not yet in the post Wilson era. We may or may not get there.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":20ax213c said:
So if your Pete, which way do you go if Wilson ends up here still.

Placate his desires and let the OC who has got to be hogtied due to all the drama about what he wanted to do run a Ram Offense here, initially, I am sure there were suppose to be some interviews and such and collaborative things with Wilson, it's kind of how Pete and the Seahawks like to do things.

Stick to his guns nd not be swayed by a player knowing that Wilson will most likely be gone next season, also do you start to give your depth QB's reps during games to get them prepared ?

If the second choice is made with few Draft picks this year it will be a toss away season with dissention elevated all year and maybe more rifts created as the year progresses with other players. Sort of a mutiny by the end of next year where if Wilson goes many impact players may as well.
Couldn't agree more with ya Chris,

brimsalabim

Reaction score
What was Pete's record in the NFL before Russell's arrival in 2012?
47 - 49 ?

Doesn't this not concern anyone else?

John63

Reaction score
toffee":1jixob4t said:
chris98251":1jixob4t said:

Placate his desires and let the OC who has got to be hogtied due to all the drama about what he wanted to do run a Ram Offense here, initially, I am sure there were suppose to be some interviews and such and collaborative things with Wilson, it's kind of how Pete and the Seahawks like to do things.

Stick to his guns nd not be swayed by a player knowing that Wilson will most likely be gone next season, also do you start to give your depth QB's reps during games to get them prepared ?

If the second choice is made with few Draft picks this year it will be a toss away season with dissention elevated all year and maybe more rifts created as the year progresses with other players. Sort of a mutiny by the end of next year where if Wilson goes many impact players may as well.

Except what Chris says is speculation as well you don't know "initially, I am sure there were supposed to be some interviews and such and collaborative things with Wilson, it's kind of how Pete and the Seahawks like to do things." IN fact if we believe what has been published Wilson was blown off when trying to collaborate.

AS to the rest the mutiny has started....again this is not the first time players were not happy with PC.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":tou5vwmj said:
toffee":tou5vwmj said:
chris98251":tou5vwmj said:

Except what Chris says is speculation as well you don't know "initially, I am sure there were supposed to be some interviews and such and collaborative things with Wilson, it's kind of how Pete and the Seahawks like to do things." IN fact if we believe what has been published Wilson was blown off when trying to collaborate.

AS to the rest the mutiny has started....again this is not the first time players were not happy with PC.

It was a question and some through thought, I never said anything was fact, you need to put down the Coke spoon a bit, your ready to attack anything posted concerning Wilson.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If we weren't in the post- Paul Allen era, we wouldn't be worried about the post-Wilson era. I blame ownership or lack thereof for this entire debacle.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":7bbe6vhc said:
toffee":7bbe6vhc said:
chris98251":7bbe6vhc said:

Not the first time people are questioning Russ either....

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... s-teammate

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3bqfsou6 said:
If we weren't in the post- Paul Allen era, we wouldn't be worried about the post-Wilson era. I blame ownership or lack thereof for this entire debacle.
In your opinion what Paul would have done?

To sat in on game planning meetings and debate offense philosophies? To fire Pete? To demote Pete and allow Russ have final said on coaching and free agent signing? Drive to Russell's home the night Russ went public with his dissatisfaction?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":25roqi3x said:
John63":25roqi3x said:
toffee":25roqi3x said:
chris98251":25roqi3x said:

It was a question and some through thought, I never said anything was fact, you need to put down the Coke spoon a bit, your ready to attack anything posted concerning Wilson.
The news or leak that Pete and John scouted Mahomes and Allen was intriguing to me. These two know more about Russ's game than most, and yet they were drooling after those two, they saw something? And their nose were sharp.

Time will tell but it's safe to say P&J knew holes and Russ's game and believe those two would be an upgrade or at least a cheaper but as good option.

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":28v191je said:
John63":28v191je said:
toffee":28v191je said:
chris98251":28v191je said:

Apparently it is since they are questioning this current situation and neither are current players on the hawks.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2tr5qpm0 said:
chris98251":2tr5qpm0 said:
John63":2tr5qpm0 said:
toffee":2tr5qpm0 said:

The news or leak that Pete and John scouted Mahomes and Allen was intriguing to me. These two know more about Russ's game than most, and yet they were drooling after those two, they saw something? And their nose were sharp.

Time will tell but it's safe to say P&J knew holes and Russ's game and believe those two would be an upgrade or at least a cheaper but as good option.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk[/qHawks.

Or trying to use them as barge ing chips during contract negotiations

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
John63":nsaou9yi said:
toffee":nsaou9yi said:
chris98251":nsaou9yi said:
John63":nsaou9yi said:

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk[/qHawks.

Or trying to use them as barge ing chips during contract negotiations
Bargaining chip or not, that is not the point. Their ability to scout and zoomed in on two good ones was the point. Ie they weren't drooling after Mitchell Trubisky in Mahome's draft or Baker Mayfield in Allen's.

Of course John and Pete didn't have the balls to trade Russ for picks to grab Mahomes or Allen. I would be happier, a lot happier if they did.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":2ewd42bd said:
Hawkpower":2ewd42bd said:
John63":2ewd42bd said:
toffee":2ewd42bd said:

Apparently it is since they are questioning this current situation and neither are current players on the hawks.

Try again

https://nflmocks.com/2018/09/07/former- ... -collapse/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/271 ... ltiple-sbs

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/237 ... ity-rumors

TraderGary

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":b2r4rtte said:
How is this Wilson's fault>?

He warned everyone last year.

What happened later? The team extended Pete, cementing his power for years.

Of course Wilson had to ratchet it up.

He was completely justified.
I agree. Based on some of the reports we've heard recently, it sounded like Russ tried everything he could to take care of this internally, but he was dismissed outright. What other choice did they leave him but to go public?

balakoth

Reaction score
Some of you are worse than a group of teenage girls with unread InTouch magazines lol

Geologic

Reaction score
Rat":19cflfsc said:
TwistedHusky":19cflfsc said:
Do you remember the Seahawks before Wilson left?
I do, we had the same amount of playoff wins in the four years before him as we have in the past four seasons with him.
how many superbowls were we at with wilson and without?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Hawkpower":nezkw8q0 said:
John63":nezkw8q0 said:
Hawkpower":nezkw8q0 said:
John63":nezkw8q0 said:

Try again

https://nflmocks.com/2018/09/07/former- ... -collapse/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/271 ... ltiple-sbs

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/237 ... ity-rumors
This!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1pgikl5s said:
What exactly is Russell asking for here?

Some input into the offense and a better Oline. Oh the horror.