Possible return to neon green unis next season??

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Old school blue and green or black with neaon green accents.

Basis4day

Reaction score
muxpux":2npxk7om said:
Basis4day":2npxk7om said:
Remember, the league wants the same helmet worn each game, so i don't think whatever the hawks presumably use will feature a different colored helmet unless the entire thing is covered in a new decal.

The jets are changing up their helmet, though they are staying with the base color.

That base color is white with a couple decals. Easy to change the color accents there while using the same helmet.
And just for clarification, i mean the same physical helmet. Like how Greenbay no longer uses a brown helmet with their throwbacks and simply take of the "G" decal.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
drdiags":3i9g76jx said:
All Neon with Neon helmets would be crazy. I wonder how it would look on live TV. The team would be like ghosts running around if played at night.
What would be funny is if some director with a sense of humor uses the uniforms as green screens and puts up a weather map or something for a couple of plays.

Technical difficulties. Oops. Sorry.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2lkty61n said:
The biggest problem with the green unis was the horrid design, not the color.

Just like the standard blue jerseys of that era, the different colored sleeves really made them look like shit.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
muxpux":2uxiomlm said:
This season 8 teams are participating in Nikes "color rush" in which both Thursday night teams will be wearing full color uniforms. These are the first 2:

Screen-shot-2015-11-06-at-6.50.40-AM.png

Next season all 32 teams will participate. There is already "controversy", or debate if you will, over the packers and whether or not they will go all green or *gasp* all gold:
Rodgers%20Green%20and%20Gold%20Reversed_1446826373791_26362772_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Sooo, the obvious question here is, what are the Seahawks gonna do? Will they go old school blue? Kelly green? Or try the neon greens again? Let the debate begin!

"The Color Rush uniforms, which are exclusive to Thursday Night Football games, are saturated head-to-toe by one of the respective team’s current or historic primary colors," Nike said in an online release.

Considering the NFL has strict rules in place about only using one helmet, I would bet money that the Hawks will wear all blue. Otherwise we would be stuck with a green helmet all season.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":31reaczu said:
muxpux":31reaczu said:
This season 8 teams are participating in Nikes "color rush" in which both Thursday night teams will be wearing full color uniforms. These are the first 2:

Screen-shot-2015-11-06-at-6.50.40-AM.png

Next season all 32 teams will participate. There is already "controversy", or debate if you will, over the packers and whether or not they will go all green or *gasp* all gold:
Rodgers%20Green%20and%20Gold%20Reversed_1446826373791_26362772_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Sooo, the obvious question here is, what are the Seahawks gonna do? Will they go old school blue? Kelly green? Or try the neon greens again? Let the debate begin!

"The Color Rush uniforms, which are exclusive to Thursday Night Football games, are saturated head-to-toe by one of the respective team’s current or historic primary colors," Nike said in an online release.

Considering the NFL has strict rules in place about only using one helmet, I would bet money that the Hawks will wear all blue. Otherwise we would be stuck with a green helmet all season.

Not entirely true. The league has said they must use the same helmet, but not that they must use the same design. For example there are examples of teams using throw back unis, Pitt, Chicago, GB, NE they just have to paint their normal helmets.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Tom brady throwback helmet patriots

Green-Bay-Packers-Ugly-Throwback.png

not sure if those pics will post, first time ever trying to post pics

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
gowazzu02":oqbuxayf said:
Tom brady throwback helmet patriots

Green-Bay-Packers-Ugly-Throwback.png

not sure if those pics will post, first time ever trying to post pics

Both of those pictures are from before the rule change. The Packers now wear their gold helmet with no decal when they wear throwbacks, and the Patriots don't wear those uniforms anymore.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":159z530k said:
Both of those pictures are from before the rule change. The Packers now wear their gold helmet with no decal when they wear throwbacks, and the Patriots don't wear those uniforms anymore.

Yup.

5396014414b17preview 620

Here is the Packers with the Yellow helmet with the decal removed as referenced.

OP
OP
muxpux

muxpux

Reaction score
My guess is we will wear the same helmet. The jets changed their face masks and decals to a shimmery green, and the jags curiously in their promo pic don't have the two toned helmet. I never suggested different helmets. It is a curious case though with the strict regulations on uniforms that these are being allowed. I doubt these become a part of any teams regular uniform rotation. They've kept these under wraps very well as I haven't seen them leaked anywhere which is odd this day n age. We do all blue normally. You can't tell me Nike of all companies isn't dying to give the neon green uni a crack

Basis4day

Reaction score
muxpux":3teqo7pv said:
My guess is we will wear the same helmet. The jets changed their face masks and decals to a shimmery green, and the jags curiously in their promo pic don't have the two toned helmet. I never suggested different helmets. It is a curious case though with the strict regulations on uniforms that these are being allowed. I doubt these become a part of any teams regular uniform rotation. They've kept these under wraps very well as I haven't seen them leaked anywhere which is odd this day n age. We do all blue normally. You can't tell me Nike of all companies isn't dying to give the neon green uni a crack

It's allowed because it's a special promotion that the league itself is experimenting with. Though there is some backlash from the color blind fans.

Latest posts