Hawks must lose the next 9 games to justify predictions.

Rainger

Reaction score
According to all the experts both in the Media and also here.

I have a read a ton of posts here by people saying they were going with the under of 5 wins the "Vegas experts and media" predicted for the "rebuilding" Seahawks.

There were a few saying 3 wins or less and this would be the worst Hawks team ever.

So since all these experts couldn't possibly be wrong, vegas always gets it right and the media are sooo learned (just ask the God Pete Prisco")

Therefore us dummy's just need to accept the elite have spoken and the Hawks will lose the next 9 games.

Rush to Vegas and put your money, or better yet come here and belittle all of us who thought this wouldn't happen.

Sorry Aros if I am not being kind and calling out those who smugly told us positive people to accept defeat and negativity.

Edited the heading so some people understood the point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think anybody is saying that now. And most of the people who did say that, here and in the media, have admitted they were wrong.
Hmm you read different things from what I still read from a number of people here. No names being called out.

But I am more disgusted by the media and the talking heads then .netter.

I think the media is trying to just "move on" like they always do so to always be right.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think fans were being realistic calling this a 5 win team..it wasn't insulting. I personally was really excited either way to see a new direction finally being taken as well as a stellar draft with more picks to come. Now that we've seen the magic of Pete Caroll reborn its been the most exciting football in almost 10 years! I honestly have no idea if they hold up or what the overall win record will be but as a fan its sure been entertaining and its sure exciting to look fwd to the games on Sunday. I just take it one week at a time and enjoy it while it lasts or while the winning continues.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
even if they won only 1 more game they would have way over achieved what I thought they would do. Amazing. Pete and John still have the magic and Geno is the next Rich Gannon. Im getting more enjoyment out of watching these game with no expectations than I ever did when Wilson was at the helm. Super happy being dead wrong.

sutz

Reaction score
I was always an "over" on that 5.5 wins number. Yeah Vegas and all, but to me it was just silly. 🤷‍♂️

Nunya

Reaction score
According to all the experts both in the Media and also here.

I have a read a ton of posts here by people saying they were going with the under of 5 wins the "Vegas experts and media" predicted for the "rebuilding" Seahawks.

There were a few saying 3 wins or less and this would be the worst Hawks team ever.

So since all these experts couldn't possibly be wrong, vegas always gets it right and the media are sooo learned (just ask the God Pete Prisco")

Therefore us dummy's just need to accept the elite have spoken and the Hawks will lose the next 12 games.

Rush to Vegas and put your money, or better yet come here and belittle all of us who thought this wouldn't happen.

Sorry Aros if I am not being kind and calling out those who smugly told us positive people to accept defeat and negativity.
I would much rather see this team over perform prediction than under preform predictions.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think anybody is saying that now. And most of the people who did say that, here and in the media, have admitted they were wrong.
This^^^^^. It's no longer whether they admit they were wrong (which I certainly was about many things), but differing perspective on just how good can the team be. That will go on through the rest of the season. Respect is coming from just about everyone.

Last edited:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Looking at the remaining schedule I could see them going 6-3 maybe even 7-2 if they get a little lucky. The most likely losses are Rams on the road and Chiefs on the road.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
My god, what a one trick pony. I do like how you proved yourself right calling yourself “us dummy’s (sic)”. You still don’t understand the Vegas experts aren’t predicting how many games a team will win. They’re predicting how many games people will bet that they’ll win and they constantly adjust it to make sure people are betting evenly on both sides.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I had us at 8-9, 9-8, 500 area. I had that based on the schedule. Where I was totally wrong is my win/loss prediction on each game. Weird year, teams that were supposed to be great are just ok, bottom predicted teams are playing their asses off.

I'm now at 11-6, 10-7 area. Chiefs loss, jets loss, 49ers game a toss up, then one more possible bad luck, injury, dumb loss type of game.

Nfc west Champs a real possibility. Team is gelling well. If we can stay healthy, I think we continue to get better every game.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I had us at 8-9, 9-8, 500 area. I had that based on the schedule. Where I was totally wrong is my win/loss prediction on each game. Weird year, teams that were supposed to be great are just ok, bottom predicted teams are playing their asses off.

I'm now at 11-6, 10-7 area. Chiefs loss, jets loss, 49ers game a toss up, then one more possible bad luck, injury, dumb loss type of game.

Nfc west Champs a real possibility. Team is gelling well. If we can stay healthy, I think we continue to get better every game.
The Jets lost their star RB for the year. I expect to see them plunge into darkness. Also that game is in Seattle. Only non division game I see being a challenge is the Chiefs at Arrowhead. The Bucs, Raiders, and Panthers aren't exactly great thus far, and the Bucs game is in Germany and the rest in Seattle.

IMO it all comes down to how we execute in division games. Those are always hard to call.

Torc

Reaction score
"According to all the experts"? Really?

This morning I've seen at least 3 commentators make serious comments that Geno is the MVP of the first half. That he's playing out of his mind. One of the ESPN shows said that the MVP conversation right now is Josh, Patrick and Geno. I think exactly NO ONE is saying they'll lose 9 in a row or anything close to it.

I had the Seahawks in the 5-7 win range and that felt optimistic at the beginning of the year. I was wrong. Geno has answered all of my questions. (My big one was 4th quarter. He hasn't had the chance for a 'come from behind win', but the past couple of games he's led several solid drives in crunch time/4th quarter).

One thing we've seen for years is that Pete's teams come on stronger in the second half. This is going to be a fun year.

beaumaris

Reaction score
Looking at the remaining schedule I could see them going 6-3 maybe even 7-2 if they get a little lucky. The most likely losses are Rams on the road and Chiefs on the road.
That was a very good team we beat yesterday,it’s going to
take a really,really good team to beat us now.
Thats was my thinking at the end of the game yesterday,not much has changed in my opinion this morning.(y)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't see any experts claiming they will lose 9 in a row. Who? Not even close. NFL Network and ESPN both giving mad love to the Hawks.
Stop making stuff up so you can tell people they were wrong. Who cares? Get over it and let's enjoy this season.
We have a good team here, some of us thought they would be average, others thought they would suck. Well, they're just a good football team, which is a GOOD THING.
Do we need 135 threads saying the same thing over and over again? I love calling out the doom and gloom crowd as much as anyone. But come on, enough.
This is a good football team, enjoy it. We get it already, some people were wrong. oh the horror...........

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hmm you read different things from what I still read from a number of people here. No names being called out.

But I am more disgusted by the media and the talking heads then .netter.

I think the media is trying to just "move on" like they always do so to always be right.

You didn't read the 300 responses in Fade's Pete bashing thread last week where 90% of us forum members admitted we were wrong, except for Fade?

And all I've seen on ESPN and other online media outlets with the Hawks is hosts and reporters giving Pete and Geno love. Cowherd, Rich Eisen, First Take, Rex Ryan, all the ones I saw were gushing over Pete and the Hawks.

But hey, if you need to exaggerate in order to feel righteous and vindicated, go on with your bad self.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I would much rather see this team over perform prediction than under preform predictions.
Right? I was just saying yesterday to my brother that it’s so nice to not expect domination and get pleasing surprises than the opposite like the last 10 seasons.
It has been pure joy watching the fight of this team and the stellar rookie play.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
This. At this point, it's not whether they admit they were wrong (which I certainly was about many things), but differing perspective on just how good can the team be. That will go on through the rest of the season. Respect is coming from just about everyone.

Most people expected the the two West divisions to be the hardest divisions in the league. Yet people will disparage
"According to all the experts"? Really?

This morning I've seen at least 3 commentators make serious comments that Geno is the MVP of the first half. That he's playing out of his mind. One of the ESPN shows said that the MVP conversation right now is Josh, Patrick and Geno. I think exactly NO ONE is saying they'll lose 9 in a row or anything close to it.

I had the Seahawks in the 5-7 win range and that felt optimistic at the beginning of the year. I was wrong. Geno has answered all of my questions. (My big one was 4th quarter. He hasn't had the chance for a 'come from behind win', but the past couple of games he's led several solid drives in crunch time/4th quarter).

One thing we've seen for years is that Pete's teams come on stronger in the second half. This is going to be a fun year.
shhhhhhh. Reality isn’t his thing. Some people need to feel victimized in order to scratch out enjoyment in their daily life. Same kind if people that were still posting “he’s too short”, unironically for years after 3 was being hailed as a record breaking superstar.

Latest posts