Hawks must lose the next 9 games to justify predictions.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
This^^^^^. It's no longer whether they admit they were wrong (which I certainly was about many things), but differing perspective on just how good can the team be. That will go on through the rest of the season. Respect is coming from just about everyone.
Or some stating that what the Seahawks are doing is not due to Pete Carroll but in spite of Pete Carroll.

As long as some people continue to hold these untruths to be self evident, I will continue laughing at the untruths as well as the sources of them.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
My god, what a one trick pony. I do like how you proved yourself right calling yourself “us dummy’s (sic)”. You still don’t understand the Vegas experts aren’t predicting how many games a team will win. They’re predicting how many games people will bet that they’ll win and they constantly adjust it to make sure people are betting evenly on both sides.
triggered! 😤

cymatica

Reaction score
Or some stating that what the Seahawks are doing is not due to Pete Carroll but in spite of Pete Carroll.

As long as some people continue to hold these untruths to be self evident, I will continue laughing at the untruths as well as the sources of them.
Where are you finding these people saying this? All I have heard is praise for Carroll.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
And anyone who has read my posts know I am a pro Pete pro Hawks long time supporter.

Not a negative Nellie. If you look at all my posts you will see they are about the good in the team and putting down the debbie downers on this site.

If you can't take it go to a site of some other team cause you certainly aren't wanting the Hawks to be successful and are part of those who constantly want to tear this team and the staff down.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Just watch the games and let the chips fall where they may... This season is already gravy, the whole respect thing is such a stupid thing, the better we do is fantastic but caring what others think is such a waste of time, respect is overrated, who gives a damn?

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Just watch the games and let the chips fall where they may... This season is already gravy, the whole respect thing is such a stupid thing, the better we do is fantastic but caring what others think is such a waste of time, respect is overrated, who gives a damn?
Make that comment to the players and see what they think!! Ask Sherm and Baldwin if they cared about "respect". The players give a damn, true fans give a damn or they wouldn't be fans. If it wasn't such a big thing then why is there so much going on in the world with "no respect"?

I am truly happy with what is happening here and want the team and Pete and especially Geno to get the respect that they have been slighted by, by so many in the media and on this site.

SO sorry but I like shoving that respect down the throats of people who wrote this team, Pete, Geno and others off, They aint writing back.

If you are NOT one of those people then why do you feel a need to go off on "posters" like me? Just let the chips fall where they may and let those who want to relish in this do so without trying to put them down for their passion and opinions to conform to your way.

Last edited:

Stanley

Reaction score
Make that comment to the players and see what they think!! Ask Sherm and Baldwin if they cared about "respect". The players give a damn, true fans give a damn or they wouldn't be fans. If it wasn't such a big thing then why is there so much going on in the world with "no respect"?

I am truly happy with what is happening here and want the team and Pete and especially Geno to get the respect that they have been slighted by, by so many in the media and on this site.

SO sorry but I like shoving that respect down the throats of people who wrote this team, Pete, Geno and others off, They aint writing back.

If you are NOT one of those people then why do you feel a need to go off on "posters" like me? Just let the chips fall where they may and let those who want to relish in this do so without trying to put them down for their passion and opinions to conform to your way.
I have this feeling you're going to extremely disappointed and emotionally let down this year. Just enjoy the ride.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I think some people have taken multiple left turns in their attempt to blame Pete or others, predicting doom/gloom and in reading the tea leaves of history, felt they would be justified when the team collapsed. Critical responses to those posts is fair game.

I'm just not sure the forum is aligned on the role of positivity police.

The players give a damn, true fans give a damn or they wouldn't be fans.
This is a judgemental and condescending term. I think a lot of posters roll their eyes when they read this.

If you are NOT one of those people then why do you feel a need to go off on "posters" like me?
This comes across as a glass house situation. "I like to pick on people, but I don't understand why people pick on me".

I am one of the many that has eaten crow on multiple things regarding this season. Pete, John, players have all done some amazing things...but I hate to break it to you...they will make mistakes. And as a forum and fanbase, we should be able to share concerns and expect critical feedback of opinions. The approach above is really no different than those you relish "shoving down the throats" of.

Just my $.02. And that is about what it is worth.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I have this feeling you're going to extremely disappointed and emotionally let down this year. Just enjoy the ride.
????? I think you have miss read my post or point. I have said all along the Hawks would win 8 or more game. I certainly won't be disappointed.

The post was to make those who said the Hawks would NOT win more than 5 games right, then the Hawks will now have to lose 9.

But then some felt the need to come on and attack me and the post.

Me disappointed hell no this a great year I have said it could be my most favorite since the SB.

Colin Cowherd said the Hawks would be 0 and 7 my post was about those kinds of people.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
7-2 in the remaining games. How’s that for a turnaround? 🤗
Just looked at the schedule - and I gotta say, that SOUNDS about right if the right things happen.

I mean c'mon' - the panthers angry tour is gonna be over. Tampa's a bit of a joke at this point. The jets are looking kinda paper-tigery. Kansas City (god I hate Mahomes) and 49ers are the games I'm worried about. Lambs are a shell of last season.

I honestly thing 7-2 might be about right +/- 1 for weirdness. 12-5 is achievable. BUT - everyone has to stay focused.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Agreed.

RiverDog

Reaction score
According to all the experts both in the Media and also here.

I have a read a ton of posts here by people saying they were going with the under of 5 wins the "Vegas experts and media" predicted for the "rebuilding" Seahawks.

There were a few saying 3 wins or less and this would be the worst Hawks team ever.

So since all these experts couldn't possibly be wrong, vegas always gets it right and the media are sooo learned (just ask the God Pete Prisco")

Therefore us dummy's just need to accept the elite have spoken and the Hawks will lose the next 9 games.

Rush to Vegas and put your money, or better yet come here and belittle all of us who thought this wouldn't happen.

Sorry Aros if I am not being kind and calling out those who smugly told us positive people to accept defeat and negativity.

Edited the heading so some people understood the point.
It's not just the predictions on the Hawks that were off. With few exceptions, like the Bills, a team that was a preseason favorite, the vast majority of team predictions were off: Who had the Jets and Giants both with winning records? Who had the Eagles as being undefeated? Who had the Bucs and Packers, the GOAT and Weird Beard, with losing records? Who had the Atlanta Falcons leading their division?

It's been a strange season. As a rule, by now, the teams have sorted themselves out. A 2-6 team at the halfway point generally means hang it up and start looking towards next season. But the 2-6 Panthers are just 2 games out of first place and still very much in the hunt. It is still a crap shoot, with numerous teams still trying to figure out if they're rebuilding or contending.