POLL: Was this Lynch's Final Game In a Seahawks Uniform?

Did We Just See Lynch's Final Game In a Seahawks Uniform?

• Yes. He is retiring from the NFL.

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Yes, but he will finish his career with Oakland (or somewhere else).

Votes: 85 51.8%
  • No, he will be back with the Seahawks in 2016.

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters

CANHawk

Reaction score
I love Marshawn Lynch.

But he was invisible today just like he was invisible all year up until he got hurt. I think He's done; spirit may be willing, but the flesh is no longer able I think.

Can't help but wonder if it would have been a different game if Marshawn didn't get on the bus... :?

thebanjodude

Reaction score
We love all love Marshawn, but that money is better spent improving the O-Line.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
This was definitely his last game as a Seahawk, but I expect him to take a pay cut and play for Oakland (if they are still there) or possibly someone else. Unlike some other posters, I did not see that much of diminished ability when he was actually on the field. However, I do seem to sense that the coaches are done with him. He's going to be too expensive to retain next year anyway, and I think we have found our RB of the future in Rawls, and BeastMode recognizes that.

I have loved watching Marshawn play for the Seahawks, and he brought a real physical presence and nastiness to our team image that we have lacked in years past. He is the ORIGINAL star of the current Seahawks dynasty. He was here doing Beast Quake when Hasselbeck was still our QB during PC's first year, so he gets a LOT of credit for putting us on the map. I'll always love him and I consider him to be the best RB in franchise history, over Warner, Williams, Watters, and even Shaun Alexander.

kf3339

Reaction score
WE all love Beastmode, but he is thru as a Seahawk. Perhaps he played one more year with the Raiders, or another California team. But more than likely he retires.

Rawls is the future RB for our team and Michael may have earned the 2nd RB role the last few weeks.

Foghawk

Reaction score
It's time to move on, been a joy watching him over the years in the backfield. I hope he retires from the NFL but if he plays elsewhere for a season or two I wish him the best.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CANHawk":2fq3b39w said:
I love Marshawn Lynch.

But he was invisible today just like he was invisible all year up until he got hurt. I think He's done; spirit may be willing, but the flesh is no longer able I think.

Can't help but wonder if it would have been a different game if Marshawn didn't get on the bus... :?
No. Carolina proved that emphatically and without effort. We never showed up and it was embarrassing.

Rivera could have turned the dogs loose in the second half but didn't for some reason I don't understand. He could have destroyed us for years but he didn't because believe it or not he has class unlike his players. It's weird but true. Marshawn was done last year..

seahawksny

Reaction score
CANHawk":116vgujb said:
I love Marshawn Lynch.

That is an unfortunate but true statement. That the one we relied on so heavily may have been a liability today.

This game reminded me a lot of Shaun's last game with the hawks where he was a shell of his former self in the snow in lambeau. His time had come.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3vxj2802 said:
CANHawk":3vxj2802 said:
I love Marshawn Lynch.

No. Carolina proved that emphatically and without effort. We never showed up and it was embarrassing.

Rivera could have turned the dogs loose in the second half but didn't for some reason I don't understand. He could have destroyed us for years but he didn't because believe it or not he has class unlike his players. It's weird but true. Marshawn was done last year..

He said that he wasn't going to be calling off the dogs in the 2nd half. There is no evidence that what we saw in the 2nd half wasn't just Seattle playing to their talent level.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
To the people saying we should restructure his deal or bring him back in a lesser role:

Restructuring would mean he STILL costs a TON of money this year but we just delay the dead money an extra year.

He didn't even come close to earning his money this year and is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to earn his money next year being a year older and more injured.

Lynch caused problems and was given special treatment by having his salary increased for this year, so why does anyone think he is suddenly going to take a HUGE paycut to play a lesser role next year?

Bringing Lynch back next year DECREASES our chances of winning the Super Bowl.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CANHawk":1gs3ojxa said:
I love Marshawn Lynch.

Doubt it myself, but I do wonder if Rawls doesn't get hurt if this game and hell, the whole season doesn't turn out differently.

Seafan

Reaction score
I'd rather resign Irvin, Lane, and Kearse. I love ML. The offense evolved without him.

Going back to a run first, slow developing passing offense hurt the Hawks today. When they returned to the quick spread system they moved the ball. Pridictable. This OL still isn't good. I want to see Glowinski replace Sweezy. I wouldn't mind going after a veteran center.

CHawK247

Reaction score
Can some of you be anymore fickle? What happens if Rawls goes down again next season? Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

I'm having flashbacks of Harvin. You go from defending his 3 TDs that were called back to hating him the next day. You didn't hear not one rumor about him till he was traded. Coincidence?? Why is marshawn a headache to everyone but his team mates? Did you ever for once think about that?

Maybe it's cause unlike our robotic yes man QB, he actually calls it how he sees it. And for the past 5 seasons he's had to deal with a clown calling plays putting the team in horrible predicaments.

And I guarantee the reason him and Pete aren't as close is because Pete told Marshawn tough luck Bevell ain't going anywhere. Get in line or get out. But then Lynch had another breakout season and gained more leverage. And at the same time in a sense said F U. Which is what led to them throwing the ball at the 1 yrd line instead of giving him the glory and last laugh.

If we use Lynch the right way and get Bevell the hell out of there I guarantee everything will be Peaches and Cream.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Marshawn is a bad teammate at all. From all reports its quite the opposite. He's quirky and does his own thing, but Pete was willing to work with that and got the most out of him.

No... I rather just think he's physically done. It's Russell's team now. Time for Beast to ride off into the sunset as the Seahawk GOAT RB.

Godspeed Beast Mode!

chris98251

Reaction score
I want to see if he comes back spring feeling himself again, you don't toss RB's like him in the dumpster, yes we may need to restructure, but as a short yardage back, a third down back he would still be valuable and a good safety net for the number one back.

Foghawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3jwfjqwf said:
I want to see if he comes back spring feeling himself again, you don't toss RB's like him in the dumpster, yes we may need to restructure, but as a short yardage back, a third down back he would still be valuable and a good safety net for the number one back.

Would love if ML would willingly take on the 3rd down back role and restructure. Doesn't seem likely but you never know.

Reaction score
CHawK247":xw0wb0ii said:
Can some of you be anymore fickle? What happens if Rawls goes down again next season? Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

I'm having flashbacks of Harvin. You go from defending his 3 TDs that were called back to hating him the next day. You didn't hear not one rumor about him till he was traded. Coincidence?? Why is marshawn a headache to everyone but his team mates? Did you ever for once think about that?

Maybe it's cause unlike our robotic yes man QB, he actually calls it how he sees it. And for the past 5 seasons he's had to deal with a clown calling plays putting the team in horrible predicaments.

And I guarantee the reason him and Pete aren't as close is because Pete told Marshawn tough luck Bevell ain't going anywhere. Get in line or get out. But then Lynch had another breakout season and gained more leverage. And at the same time in a sense said F U. Which is what led to them throwing the ball at the 1 yrd line instead of giving him the glory and last laugh.

If we use Lynch the right way and get Bevell the hell out of there I guarantee everything will be Peaches and Cream.

* * * Post of this Thread !!! * * *

I sure as hell hope Rawls doesn't go down again........!!??
BUT, :229031_shrug:
BEASTMODE for another year, please......

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rocket":jw6cko0k said:
I believe the Beast will shock the world and restructure.

Fantastic Hawks outfit in your pic there, Breda. :th2thumbs:
I kind of hope that you are right.
With Wilson's prolific passing game, along with a Lynch, Rawls, Jackson combo?, oh hell YEAH!!!
I think Rawls could help Lynch to be effective for a couple more Years.
I think that if ML doesn't get hung up with EGO, we just might get to see him lighting it up for the next Year or two.
I'm not so convinced that he will be content with not going out on a high note, but we'll see.

olyfan63

Reaction score
storm74":18g4psz9 said:
Marshawn gave all that he had for a few years, let him be franco harris for somebody else.

^^^ The REAL "POST OF THE THREAD".

Anybody remember the greatness of Franco Harris in a Seahawks uniform?
Marshawn's tank is close to E. Also, Fred Jackson was reliable, but a shell of his former running self. Make way for youth.

A

Anonymous

I don't think Marshawn is going anywhere until the preseason next year, when a determination can be made that will be the very best one for the team from a FO perspective.

If he can still show he can do the awesome stuff, but we have someone else that will work better, another desperate team will give us the farm for him.

Until then, he stays a Seahawk.

Latest posts