We didn't get a new broom .

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks are in a division that will probably be owned by SF or LA for years to come . Even AZ will be much improved this season . Why ?.....Management . It all starts there . Prove me wrong .

chris98251

Reaction score
I like everything we did, depth with hungry guys, scheme fit players, just because we don't see it does not mean that's not what we did, so many of the late round guys Mike's approval and recommended. He has a plan for them.

As far as losing and not being very good, sure it will be bumpy at first, but we do have good to great skill players on offense, the defense just walking on the field will be stouter against the run and daring people to pass.

We may not win the division next year, but we will be in the thick of it and by years end nobody will want to play us if healthy.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
It's a euphemism Einstein .
I learned a long time ago euphemistic language was a precursor for people who are insecure or ignorant. I don’t always agree with what everybody says on here, not that you have to either, but come on man. Congrats on the clicks. If you’re that sold on JS being fired just say it instead of asking a hypothetical. You can tell me to **** off as well but I’m not insensitive I just don’t care. I thought the draft was overly solid. I hated Pete’s style and approach… I’m excited for what’s to come.

toffee

Reaction score
Nah. JS seems like a great guy who loves what he does. Let's give him a few years. He has a plan, let's see what he can do with it.
In every organization, there will be "great guy" who "loves what he does", it's the result that counts. Cruel but unfortunately true.

Give him a few years? Really? 5 years is an eternity in NFL team building, by year three, the team better show lots and lots of improvements. Pete's team started Super Bowl chasing by his year three and frankly, Pete didn't take over a team that went 9-8 the season before.

Schneider better pray the genius that he hand-picked turns our defense around THIS YEAR, or he ought to prepare exit strategy.

So sorry, I disagree with ya.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm wondering how this board will react if we go 5-12. Buckle up boys and girls, could be a wild ride.

toffee

Reaction score
I like everything we did, depth with hungry guys, scheme fit players, just because we don't see it does not mean that's not what we did, so many of the late round guys Mike's approval and recommended. He has a plan for them.

As far as losing and not being very good, sure it will be bumpy at first, but we do have good to great skill players on offense, the defense just walking on the field will be stouter against the run and daring people to pass.

We may not win the division next year, but we will be in the thick of it and by years end nobody will want to play us if healthy.

Young Mcdonald has plans!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

12th Dimension

Reaction score
In every organization, there will be "great guy" who "loves what he does", it's the result that counts. Cruel but unfortunately true.

Give him a few years? Really? 5 years is an eternity in NFL team building, by year three, the team better show lots and lots of improvements. Pete's team started Super Bowl chasing by his year three and frankly, Pete didn't take over a team that went 9-8 the season before.

Schneider better pray the genius that he hand-picked turns our defense around THIS YEAR, or he ought to prepare exit strategy.

So sorry, I disagree with ya.
He's had tons of previous success. He's earned the privilege of running the show. Good guy and all.

I really don't care what our record is next year. I'm firmly in the camp of, we're rebuilding.

THIS YEAR seems too rigid. Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought this was a 2-3 year transformation.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
So what...the picks he made a monkey could of figured out . When a team has so many holes and needs as the Hawks have JS could of thrown darts and made picks . My question is, why so many needs for so many years ? HUH ? Btw...there are only 2 picks that may stick .
You want to put some money on that? A $50 restaurant gift certificate says you're wrong, and when this season starts, at least three drafted players will be on the 53 man roster.

(Three drafted players from this year's draft. Details matter in bets.)

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm wondering how this board will react if we go 5-12. Buckle up boys and girls, could be a wild ride.
I'll speak for myself. I feel the same way now as I did during the offseason after RW3 was traded. I don't have any expectations at all. Whatever happens, happens. That attitude allowed me to be ecstatic with every win, and not give a damn about any losses.

That said, I fully expect them to be competitive this year, as I did after Wilson was traded. In fact, I put money on it (after the Wilson trade) with someone who was pessimistic about what our record would be. My bet then, with someone claiming we wouldn't win more than 4 games, was for a $50 restaurant gift certificate, and my bet was that we would win more than 5 games. I'll make a similar bet with you now, if you're interested. A $50 gift certificate says we win 6 or more games this season.

RiverDog

Reaction score
When Jody & CO fired PC , should JS have gone with him ? Isn't it prudent to remove all the cancer , when possible ? Imho...yep .
Yeah, I don't know what motivated you to use the term "cancer" knowing how it's applied in sports. If you would have just said something like "why didn't the new broom sweep clean?" or something like that, you wouldn't have kicked up such a hornet's nest. Neither Pete nor John fit the term as I know it.

I'm only speculating, but IMO the reason why Schneider wasn't let go with Pete is that Pete was at the top of the pyramid and there was no way of knowing just how much of the blame for our perpetual mediocrity should be laid at JS's feet.

I'm not a big JS fan, but he is a veteran GM who knows a lot about his trade. We likely have a better chance of reconstituting this team into a SB contender with him at the helm and unlike he was with Pete, functioning as a conventional general manager than we would with a new GM of unknown quantity.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'll speak for myself. I feel the same way now as I did during the offseason after RW3 was traded. I don't have any expectations at all. Whatever happens, happens. That attitude allowed me to be ecstatic with every win, and not give a damn about any losses.

That said, I fully expect them to be competitive this year, as I did after Wilson was traded. In fact, I put money on it (after the Wilson trade) with someone who was pessimistic about what our record would be. My bet then, with someone claiming we wouldn't win more than 4 games, was for a $50 restaurant gift certificate, and my bet was that we would win more than 5 games. I'll make a similar bet with you now, if you're interested. A $50 gift certificate says we win 6 or more games this season.
I'll pass. We could easily win 8-10 games, or just as easily 4-6. No way of knowing yet. If we do win 4-6, at least we'd have a shot at a possible qbotf, although that would also put MM on a short-ish leash. Everything's a tradeoff. I suspect they'll give him at least 2-3 years regardless of his record.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Hey , don't get me wrong . I say these things , because I'm a Seahawks fan . I have not been a fan of that redheaded pudge for many years . Him kissing PC's ass all those years , watching the team starting to slip and he did nothing . I don't trust the guy . Not sorry . But : for the sake of the team I hope he's awesome ; but I doubt it .

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I'd have to be much more knowledgable that I am to identify JS as a very real problem. But I'm getting wiser and with that I'll soon grow more opinionated with John now in complete control.

JS came to us really highly touted. He probably had his pick of a dozen teams. He and Pete caught lightning in a bottle with Sherm, Cam, ADB (etc) and of course a once very good #3.

But then they got kinda sloppy, IMO. They were both too cool for school having the ability to fall back on those incredible picks. I mean, they instantly achieved draft rock star status and IMO, immediately started outsmarting themselves looking for the next guy that nobody else was seeing. There was an unattractive arrogance about them as they sipped their lattes and their feet up on their desks. JS more so than Pete, actually. He stopped shaving and dressed like he was in a grunge band. Maybe Paul liked that about him. They started wasting picks on guys like Christine Michael. Michael told the league that he only wanted to play for the Seahawks. Well, say no more. You're a Seahawk (even though you can't out-think a grilled cheese sandwich).

I'm going to stop there because I am not ready to indict JS for all that ailed us. I don't suspect ALL of our downfall was the fault of Pete Carrol's, but like they say in baseball, you can't fire the team so you fire the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.