Pinch Me.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Guys,

I've battled some adversity in my life that has allowed me to cherish and be grateful for each and every day I have. That being said, If I could I would fast forward to the beginning of the season. I am that excited. I would give up a month of my life without blinking.

The potential of greatness also brings with it the potential for dissapointment, as a Seattle Everything's fan, one would think that would be front and center in my thought process. With this team it's not. This team is special and I'm very much looking forward to a helluva ride.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I think I've felt this confident before, but I was drunk. At this point I feel a great deal of calm, steady belief that our team has the right mix of talent, maturity, youth, depth (mostly), and character to be extremely competitive. Now we just have to do it.

Largent80

Reaction score
I propose a trip to Thailand for everyone if we win the SB this year. Of course, you pay.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Everything said previously is true...IMO. However, I pity this board when we have our first loss as a result of a poor performance.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I step into the time machine and go back three years, I was curious/afraid Pete would be a big flop. I had just endured two of the softest years of football I had ever seen.

I wasn't thinking Super Bowls. I was thinking I just want them to build a team that take a punch in he face and give two back. I wanted bullies.

It is accomplished. Now, it is time for a Lombardi.

We have never, not one time had a future this bright for the Hawks. I know, shit happens, even John Elway threw a 5-11 season into all his winning. But Big, Fast, Strong, Smart, Young and Hungry is a pretty good combination for winning.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":1e8a3jry said:
I propose a trip to Thailand for everyone if we win the SB this year. Of course, you pay.

I go to Thailand every year. Typically for no less than 30-60 days at a time. Because of these new Hawks, I didn't go last year. The same reason I will likely cancel again this year.

It's a bummer, football season is the ONLY time Thailand is even close to comfortable but the games air at 1am...IF you are lucky enough to catch the Hawks, that is. One of the most surreal experiences of my life was sitting in an open air bar, watching the Hawks on TV while 2 dozen monks sat chanting in the street fronting the bar. Common sense prevented me from asking them to STFU out there.

Also note: Asking a bar owner to turn on "American football" is a great way to get into a fight(s) with the hooligans of Great Britton. They are an inane bunch of shitheads that call the NFL a "p**y sport". That never sits well with me and my reply usually goes "well, I understand your infatuation with SOCCER (they hate the term). All you need is a ball and 4 garbage cans. England is still a developing nation but one day you will hopefully have money for helmets and pads". This is not a rare exception, this is the norm over there and we Americans are out numbered in a big way. GO NFL...GO HAWKS!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Aros":2g2vvvx2 said:
In all the 37 years of living, breathing and dying with this team of ours, I've never, ever been this excited or had reason to be. Young, talented to the point you would expect a fine from the NFL, and this sharp in character? Perhaps the Football Gods really DO exist and they are flat out telling us it really IS our time.

Leave no doubt, 24/7.

That's the message written on T-shirts distributed among the Seahawks and their coaches. The phrase is written on the back to keep its message at the front of the team's mind. More than a motto, it's more like a mission and it's something worth considering for anyone who questioned how this team is going to handle both the expectations and scrutiny that are going to be part of this season.

To understand why this is important, you need to know where it came from: inside the locker room. One of the youngest teams in the league gathered in a meeting and threw around ideas until they decided they wanted to leave no doubt, a statement that's as much about the results on the field as the behavior off it.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2328076/Leave-No-Doubt

Hell yes Todd. That is the Shiznit.

Now let's run up to the 7-11 that Brett Stevens' dad owned and get a free Slurpee.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
loafoftatupu":389q5c95 said:
Hell yes Todd. That is the Shiznit. Now let's run up to the 7-11 that Brett Stevens' dad owned and get a free Slurpee.

LOL...I'm quite sure you and I are the only ones in this forum that will ever get that. :D

sc85sis

Reaction score
A head coach’s primary objective is to orchestrate the overall mentality of his team. Great teams commonly display an air of confidence that separates them from others. They have earned the right to be confident through their hard work and success. The best teams utilized that confidence to share a feeling where they not only expect to win, they know they are going to win. That knowing is what allows a team to play in the absence of fear.

Guess who said/wrote that?

gargantual

Reaction score
Yeah, none of the holding your breath crap in the past. There's nothing fragile about this team.

It's been quite a ride since the day Russell's name was called. I'll always remember it like everyone from my Dad's generation remembers where they were when Kennedy was shot. I just can't possibly get more excited.

Hey Aros, love the new sig picture BTW. Very boss.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
gargantual":2wbvmp1f said:
Hey Aros, love the new sig picture BTW. Very boss.

Thank you brotha!

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Great link, great article.

Not surprised who it was written by either, he just has that way with words sometimes.